Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I was hoping someone might be able to help. I am considering a Low Roof XL Wagon. Since XL's are not normally equipped with a rear AC, can someone tell me what the hump on the lower left side of the cargo area is? (this pictured XL wagon has no rear AC)

t150 XL.jpg

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Air conditioner cover.

Thought all wagons came with rear a/c, just some have controls in the front and none in the back or just in the back. Tried enlarging the picture and it looked like it had a/c vents on the right side head liner, but to fuzzy to tell for sure.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
star gazer & USMC Vet,

Well, that's what I thought it should be, an air condition cover, but this XL clearly does not come equipped with a rear AC (says so on Ford's window sticker)!

Do Transit Wagon XL's that do not have the rear AC option still have a rear fan motor then?

I'd answer this myself if I could visit a dealer in person, but I'm still overseas.

THX.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer tells me that the LR Transit Wagon XL's do NOT have any rear ventilation- so I can't figure out what the hump in the cargo area (bottom left of the picture) is for. Why Ford would build a passenger wagon without ANY rear ventilation or without ANY windows that can be opened in the rear is beyond me.

MR & HR Transits, on the other hand, might have rear AC vents but no controls?

Anyone, Bueller, Bueller...?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you manage to get the vin no. from the bottom of the windshield we can get you the info you need for that specific veichle.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just guessing, maybe it has the AC cover but no AC inside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone had any luck installing a compressor into that rear spot for the ac and just having it blow cold air without the vents? The 150 passenger without rear ac goes for cheaper used since it doesn't have the ac, but I want to make sure that it's something I could somewhat easily remedy.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
You have to have the option called the Ac Prep Package to install rear Ac at a later date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have to have the option called the Ac Prep Package to install rear Ac at a later date.

Thanks @Michael Ophus !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts