Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for anyone who has upgraded their 2020 transit with 8” touch screen to an after market radio and would like to sell their factory radio. I currently have the 4” screen with sync 3 and according to all the documentation this is supposed to support Apple CarPlay. This does not seam to be the case and my dealer doesn’t think the 4” screen supports it. Since no after market kits exist yet for an after market upgrade. I would love to get the larger 8” factory radio reprogram it for my vin and drop it in. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
There is not a current aftermarket radio for the 2020 Transit. Most of the aftermarket companies have not been able to get a 2020 Transit so they can make a new designed unit as the instrument panel changed from the prior 2015-19 models to the 2020 one.

Your dealer probably didn't study up on the NEW 2020 Ford Transit literature on the NEW Audio features for this model. Getting the 4" screen only offers the basic radio options. You have 4 different levels for the 8" screen and each one upgrades available features. This is explained in the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide that the dealer has access to and what we provided in the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service.

You might keep an eye out for a wrecked 2020 Transit with the 8" screen and get it complete with the wiring harness. If the aftermarket companies come out with one, that may be your best and easiest alternative.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is not a current aftermarket radio for the 2020 Transit. Most of the aftermarket companies have not been able to get a 2020 Transit so they can make a new designed unit as the instrument panel changed from the prior 2015-19 models to the 2020 one.

Your dealer probably didn't study up on the NEW 2020 Ford Transit literature on the NEW Audio features for this model. Getting the 4" screen only offers the basic radio options. You have 4 different levels for the 8" screen and each one upgrades available features. This is explained in the 2020 Ford Transit Order Guide that the dealer has access to and what we provided in the Matt Ford 2020 B-O-B Transit Service.

You might keep an eye out for a wrecked 2020 Transit with the 8" screen and get it complete with the wiring harness. If the aftermarket companies come out with one, that may be your best and easiest alternative.
Thank you for the response. I think my confusion is the fact that Ford says that the 4” screen does indeed have Apple car play. And that it is standard on all 2020 transit vans.

Here is the quote from this ford website: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2019/03/05/2020-ford-transit.html

“Other technology updates include a center stack that can be optioned two different ways – either with a standard 4-inch full-color multifunction display or 8-inch slim-line touch screen display, each with the latest in SYNC® 3 plus Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay™compatibility.”

Plus the fact that it is a SYNC 3 radio and Ford says all SYNC 3 radios have car play. I guess they miss represented this and I’m out of luck for a while. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts