Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if any companies make pre-made window cover / blockers for full glass wagon models ? Looking for something to block off all the windows on my 16 148" LR wagon and not have to resort to cutting reflectix to fit . Need something for some camping / steath camping once in a while. Weathertec makes full sets for some models , but not a full set for Transit wagons .

Anyone have any ideas ?

·
Registered
2017 Ford Transit 350 Passenger Wagon
55 Posts
Anyone know if any companies make pre-made window cover / blockers for full glass wagon models ? Looking for something to block off all the windows on my 16 148" LR wagon and not have to resort to cutting reflectix to fit . Need something for some camping / steath camping once in a while. Weathertec makes full sets for some models , but not a full set for Transit wagons .

Anyone have any ideas ?
This is one of life's greatest mysteries.

We made massive, insulated shades a la Far Out Ride - a horrible, time-consuming experience that left us with large cumbersome shades that are nearly impossible to store.

Plan to cut Reflectix. We're going to attach 2" wide strips of Velcro with adhered magnets from the metal frame behind the headliner and trim and then use some pre-made and our custom made shades. The strips will hang down from the top of the window in front of the glass.

While I love our windows and the other wagon amenties, I covet the custom shades of the cargo conversions.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Transit 350 Passenger Wagon
55 Posts
I should add we use the WeatherTechs for the driver, passenger side windows and windshield. They roll up well enough and we have a privacy curtain between the cockpit and "living" area.

·
Registered
2020 AWD, 148 HR, Vancompass lift, Ultra wheels & 265/70 ko2's
3 Posts

Anyone have any ideas ?
Heatshield makes a full set.

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
2,393 Posts
Heatshield is the least expensive option we found.

Here's my notes:

Window coverings - all windows:
Ford Transit Mid & High Top - Stelletek ($1650+) - possible storing?
Window Covers: Ford Transit Van Medium/High Roof ($1600) - sent email - $2575 for FULL !!!
Vanmade Gear ($1225 crew) - sent email -

Only crew:
2015 + ford transit med/ high roof
Ford Transit
Insulating Curtains ($1450 crew)
VanEssential | FORD TRANSIT ($880 crew)

What Size is Your Transit Roof? (??? - not after that first experience)

Only cargo:
Window Covers: Ford Transit — Nightfall Overland

Ugly:
Transit Van Cab Insulation, Cab Covers, and Insect Screens – Van Upgrades
Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield: The Original Windshield Sun Shade ($270 for all)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,
Dont feel like making them this time around . We made some Reflectix window covers for a previous van with black fabric on one side .......kind of looked like they were made in kindergarten or something , lol . Then went with the full Weathertec option and they were REALLY nice .

Heatshield looks like a viable option for a decent cost. Worked up a full set including front , and it was $269. not bad. Just dont care for the color options ......... silver with white inside, or gold with black inside .
Wish there was an option for silver with black interior . Oh well ......

Got to research to see how well they fold up next.

Thanks for the tips ......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heatshield is the least expensive option we found.

Here's my notes:

Window coverings - all windows:
Ford Transit Mid & High Top - Stelletek ($1650+) - possible storing?
Window Covers: Ford Transit Van Medium/High Roof ($1600) - sent email - $2575 for FULL !!!
Vanmade Gear ($1225 crew) - sent email -

Only crew:
2015 + ford transit med/ high roof
Ford Transit
Insulating Curtains ($1450 crew)
VanEssential | FORD TRANSIT ($880 crew)

What Size is Your Transit Roof? (??? - not after that first experience)

Only cargo:
Window Covers: Ford Transit — Nightfall Overland

Ugly:
Transit Van Cab Insulation, Cab Covers, and Insect Screens – Van Upgrades
Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield: The Original Windshield Sun Shade ($270 for all)
Anyone know if any companies make pre-made window cover / blockers for full glass wagon models ? Looking for something to block off all the windows on my 16 148" LR wagon and not have to resort to cutting reflectix to fit . Need something for some camping / steath camping once in a while. Weathertec makes full sets for some models , but not a full set for Transit wagons . Anyone have any ideas ?
This was highly recommended to me: www.heatshieldstore.com

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
2,393 Posts
We bought a windshield from Heatshield. It worked fine. Looked meh or worse - just old-school crappy shiny material. And only storage method is to roll it up; which takes up a LOT of space and wouldn't be very viable for a full set. I was tempted... cheap and all that... but storage made them kind-of a no-go. And they're super ugly.

Super happy to get rid of it in favor of Van Essentials. Still gotta do something better than our Reflectix for the back four windows. 🤔

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just posted about this a day or two ago with the exact same question. We went with a covercraft custom windshield sunscreen which fits awesome, and very solid and folds up nicely. The Van Essential window covers for the passenger and driver seats work great and we removed the plastic trim from the top of the rear doors so that the magnets from the Van Essential covers would stick there and those work great. We're in the same boat with not wanting to make anything for the rest of the windows and haven't found anyone who makes them yet. I ordered a window cover from Van Essentials fo both the slider and the crew window to see if there is a way that we could make that work either with adding some magnets or cutting back the plastic a bit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We made massive, insulated shades a la Far Out Ride - a horrible, time-consuming experience that left us with large cumbersome shades that are nearly impossible to store.
As I finally finish up my own faroutride-inspired shade project I've got to say "Transit Authority" has described the project with uncanny accuracy. If you're doing your own conversion farm this one out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
These are Vanmade Gear: Vanmade Gear

Here they are on a van in a video (unfortunately it is a Promaster, but they make them for the Transit also)
His review of the shades: 13:52 - 15:00

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have reached out to some of these van window cover companies , still waiting to hear back from some, but basically its the low roof that is my main issue . There are a few companies making window covers for passenger wagons , but ONLY in the med/high roof . The only option for window covers for a low roof are the HeatShield brand . Not terribly expensive , but was looking for something a little more "nice" I guess is the word , lol .
Vanmade Gear is really nice, and also the Vandventure (Etsy) ones. Both do not seem to make them for a LR . Waiting to hear back from Vanmade to see if they do low roof .

Never thought it would be this difficult !
Had a really nice FULL set from Weathertec for a Dodge Grand Caravan , but cant find any for a LR Transit ?!?!?!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts