Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Window coverings?

932 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  PNW_Camper
Looking at Vanmade Gear or VanEssential window coverings. Has anyone compared the two? I have RB Components windshield and front windows and I love them but looking for something less expensive to do the side windows and rear windows in my crew van.

Any recommendations>
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
4,887 Posts
There's a thread about window coverings. There's a few of us with Van Essential and we all seem to like them. I'm hoping they'll make some rear-window units for me eventually.

By contrast, I had also ordered from Down by the River and that didn't go as well: poor communication and delays; I cancelled that order.

· Registered
4,887 Posts
@gregoryx @DaleM thank you.. do either of you have a Crew? Wondering how they fit on the slider if it doesn't have exposed metal for magnets?
We do not have a crew or passenger - bare metal windows all around. But someone did a cool trick with the plastic moldings and stuck metal behind the plastic for the covers to attach to. Should work...

· Registered
2018 350 XLT 3.5L
294 Posts
There's a thread about window coverings. There's a few of us with Van Essential and we all seem to like them. I'm hoping they'll make some rear-window units for me eventually.

By contrast, I had also ordered from Down by the River and that didn't go as well: poor communication and delays; I cancelled that order.
What do you mean by rear-window units? For back doors, or sliding windows in the rear?

· Registered
32 Posts
@gregoryx @DaleM thank you.. do either of you have a Crew? Wondering how they fit on the slider if it doesn't have exposed metal for magnets?
I can’t vouch for them since I don’t have them in hand yet, but these look promising. Hoping to have mine in the next week.

· Registered
4,887 Posts
What do you mean by rear-window units? For back doors, or sliding windows in the rear?
We've got windows-all-around (similar to your passenger, but no pretty plastic inside). It's the side windows - large and small - behind the slider that they don't yet make. I'm hoping they'll make them as most others that make them are targeting the passenger setup.

· Registered
117 Posts
Head's up VanEssentials doesn't fit "finished" crew side windows
They are working on developing a version for the crew van with stock plastic trim. I thought they were planning to have them out by now, but looks likes they are delayed a bit. I have their covers on the rear cargo doors and I like them enough to be waiting for their updated crew side window offerings. Plus they are routinely cheaper than a lot of alternatives.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are working on developing a version for the crew van with stock plastic trim. I thought they were planning to have them out by now, but looks likes they are delayed a bit. I have their covers on the rear cargo doors and I like them enough to be waiting for their updated crew side window offerings. Plus they are routinely cheaper than a lot of alternatives.
I chatted with them yesterday and said they were working on crew van ones but don't have any timing

· Registered
413 Posts
Very happy with my set from Vanmade Gear. Very high quality all around and they make a huge difference in both summer and winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts