Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put blinds or shades on a Transit Wagon? I want privacy shades or similar as I have tinted but not privacy glass.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Has anyone put blinds or shades on a Transit Wagon? I want privacy shades or similar as I have tinted but not privacy glass.
One option is to cut Reflectix to the window size with tabs that fit in the slots between the glass and the steel window frames. Works very well in a cargo van. Super easy to install and remove. Do not know if wagon window trim eliminates that choice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi,

On my van, I used a commercial product from EuroCamper for the windshield and cab doors. We like it -- quick and easy to setup and takedown.

Used sheets of Reflectex for the rest of the windows in the back of the van.
The Reflectex was just meant to be a quick temporary thing, but we like the way it works and the fact that it takes very little space to store the Reflectex "curtains" when not in use. May just continue to use it.

An heat loss test indicates that both styles of shades cut heat loss on cold days by about a factor of 3 to 4.

Pictures and details on our install here: http://www.buildagreenrv.com/our-conversion/promaster-camper-van-conversion-curtains-for-windows/

My van is a ProMaster, but should work the same for Transit.

Gary

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Reflectix is a reasonable temporary approach, and it is available down the street. I may consider filming, but what I wanted was transparent windows for traveling but privacy when sleeping, and films do not do such a good job. Shades could be pulled down or partially pulled down at any convenient time. No problem to do anywhere but the sliding door, where the shades must be installed inside the window frame, and the Transit windows are not symmetric.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I made these years ago for the sliders in my minivan. It's only corrugated cardboard with cloth glued on each side, the outside looks blue in the photo but is actually black, pure black would be the best for a stealth look. The material frays a bit around the edges (never did find anything to make a nice edge) but everything stays together. They take a lot of abuse and I stow them flat under the mattress. And, the total cost was almost nothing.

Reactions: Deeanthony
1 - 5 of 5 Posts