Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've known since sometime last year that Ford and GM are hard at work on a new joint transmission venture. The goal is two all new mileage maximizing gear boxes, ones a 9 speed the other is a 10 speed.

So I wonder, and I wonder if someone knows, if and when these new gearboxes will be ready for production and if we'll be seeing them in the Transits?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Might help to start with finding out whose their main transmission supplier. Isn't ZF one of them?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I read recently that GM expects to introduce it during 2016 (could be model year or calendar year), and another report that Ford would supply it in the F150 about 18 months after its introduction.

It's all speculation though so who really knows? Even the guys at GM and Ford probably don't know for sure because last-minute issues can delay project. Remember Transit was delayed a year?

I personally expect that it will eventually find its way to Transit. But just like 4-speed autos have been in use in Econolines while other Fords have been using 6-speeds, the Transit may not get the 10-speed for a while. Also if use of EcoBoost technology increases there may be less need/advantage for extra gears. For me the 6R80 on transit should already be a great improvement over my 4-speed.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
327 with a 2 speed is not exactly a beast LOL, but its a clean cruiser. Not to many left that way now. They all get molested into high dollar replicas. Everyone wants a big block stick Z/28. So thats what all the resto shops do, find your plain jane and convert her into something she wasn't. Its a dam shame because all the good "low dollar" cars have been ruined...

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
wow, lets see some pictures of that beast!
ever seen a Yenko camaro?
Ted, The last Yenko made, I think #208 , is in a garage 3 houses away from mine. Guys dad ordered it so has always been in his family, never have seen it yet has he keeps it covered. One day I'll ask him to show it off.

Sorry for the hijack ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts