Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
@CrewVanManInfo - I guarantee that a new van will put a smile on your face. Ed truly enjoys delivering vans to folks too.

**And now, when Ed Bowers gets you a van - - you get a smiley face AND a van. Everybody LOVES a smiley face. *

Here is my 2021 with 8" screen and one happy face.
:) THANKS ED!!

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

HERE are TWO Smileys for that extra $1000 back from Ford for the 2021 mis-build on the hubcaps and grille........:D:D Thanks ED!!

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

:cool::cool: Double happiness for the loaded 2022 R3U that I just picked up in Kansas City on Weds........ THANKS ED!!!:cool::cool:

Plant Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle

I may mount these smiley faces on the bumper. That way, when a fancy pants "4X4" Sprinter passes me and they laugh and point at my little AWD Transit, I will know they are laughing and pointing because of the smiley faces on the bumper. Everyone loves a smiley face.

:love::love::love: And everyone loves looking at new vans. :love::love::love:

Thought I'd share in the van bounty over here.

Just feeling very lucky & grateful. Lucky for my health, my family and great friends. And then, yes....lucky to have a new van.

Encouraging those of you still waiting and bearing the recent bad news about delays and PSD etc. to keep the faith. Breathe.

Registered
Hey Robin I was hoping we could grab lunch . But I didn't get there till Thursday 10 ish. Order a third and I'll make sure to attend the party.....:)馃槺馃尩馃巹馃拹

• Haha
Reactions: Ranger Robin

Registered
An image on a screen is a LOT cheaper than a real push button... I actually have one of the main GUI software packages (Qt v6) they use to design the screen stuff for cars. PITA to program, but once you have it programmed it's pretty cheap to just load the resulting software.

Registered
An image on a screen is a LOT cheaper than a real push button... I actually have one of the main GUI software packages (Qt v6) they use to design the screen stuff for cars. PITA to program, but once you have it programmed it's pretty cheap to just load the resulting software.
These are $60,000 vans. They鈥檙e raising the price over $4,000 year over year.

The fact that they鈥檙e cheaping out and giving us a worse product in spite of that fills me with rage.

Registered
These are $60,000 vans. They鈥檙e raising the price over $4,000 year over year.

The fact that they鈥檙e cheaping out and giving us a worse product in spite of that fills me with rage.
I don't really mind MOST of what they put on the screen - but the AC drives me absolutely nuts. I'm in Tucson - I think I twiddle with the AC every mile or two in the summer. It's a real PITA trying to hit the right spot on the screen without seriously looking at where my hand is instead of looking at the road.

Registered
It's a real PITA trying to hit the right spot on the screen without seriously looking at where my hand is instead of looking at the road.
That's my issue with it too. I have this crazy habit of looking at the road while I'm driving vs. peering at the center stack to try to find a specific small flat spot on a large flat screen. With knobs I can use my motor memory and keep my eyes on the road. What a concept.

Unfortunately, many won't have your discipline and will end up engrossed in the center stack, looking at the images of function options and trying to place their finger on them (then, the function menu will expand, and they will do the same to actually engage the function). Also unfortunately, many of them will be driving 70mph.

I remember when the trend in car stereos was to get rid of all the knobs in favor of tiny buttons in a sea of other tiny buttons. Thankfully, that dropped out of favor and most went back to knobs. Sadly, doesn't seem likely to happen with HVAC in modern vehicles.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What the heck is THIS? It was loose inside the driver's door compartment. It's pretty beefy, not thin like the van walls/ceiling. Feels like steel not AL.

I got a mid-week van but hey, don't let Monday ruin your Sunday maybe it was don't let Wednesday ruin your Tuesday. 馃ぃ

Wood Rectangle Brick Font Tints and shades
Ruler Wood Office ruler Font Wall

I can also see where they removed and readjusted one of the rear doors @ the hinges. You can see wrench marks on the bolt heads and there is a notation in orange pen inside with a code/initial so quality control was doing their thing.

My fit and finish is good over the whole van. Found some spare Christmas trees and threaded bolts in the walls but easy to remove & handy to have. I'm super happy with it so far.

Registered
Ordered - 2022 350 HR AWD EB in Blue Jean Metallic
What the heck is THIS? It was loose inside the driver's door compartment. It's pretty beefy, not thin like the van walls/ceiling. Feels like steel not AL.

I got a mid-week van but hey, don't let Monday ruin your Sunday maybe it was don't let Wednesday ruin your Tuesday. 馃ぃ

View attachment 172073 View attachment 172074

I can also see where they removed and readjusted one of the rear doors @ the hinges. You can see wrench marks on the bolt heads and there is a notation in orange pen inside with a code/initial so quality control was doing their thing.

My fit and finish is good over the whole van. Found some spare Christmas trees and threaded bolts in the walls but easy to remove & handy to have. I'm super happy with it so far.
It looks like a jig of some sort.

Registered
Holds door open or hood open while Robot paints Jamb ??

Registered
U8U T350, HR, 148 ext, AWD, silver, leather, sync 4 nav, bliss 1.0, passive entry/start, and more.
I don't really mind MOST of what they put on the screen - but the AC drives me absolutely nuts. I'm in Tucson - I think I twiddle with the AC every mile or two in the summer. It's a real PITA trying to hit the right spot on the screen without seriously looking at where my hand is instead of looking at the road.
I can see how this could be an irritant. I have dual zone automatic climate control in my current vehicle,
I have adjusted the temperature or fan setting maybe five times in the last year. If you set the temperature that is right for you the vehicle will do all the rest and not only will it save you the hassle but also it works in the most efficient way. 鈥淪et it and forget it 鈥 just like the showtime rotisserie!馃槀 The recirculate button would be nice. Not trying to tell you how to live your life but just something that I have found more convenient.

Registered
I have dual zone automatic climate control in my current vehicle...
I have adjusted the temperature or fan setting maybe five times in the last year. ... Not trying to tell you how to live your life but just something that I have found more convenient.
I appreciate your last sentence. Always nice when people acknowledge that. It's funny because I am fine with a thermostat in a house keeping it at a consistent temparature. But I'm the opposite in a car. I'm always changing it. Cooler, warmer, less fan, more fan. Not sure why, but maybe it's because I'll tend to get out of the car into either frigid temps, or blasting heat and then I want to "amplify" my selections. Or the dog wants more fan. Or the sun is on my leg and I want more AC than they think the car needs. That's okay with knobs because I can do it all while I'm watching the road.

I really like something like the F-150 where they have a nice big screen where you can probably do everything, PLUS knobs (so some duplicate functions). Everybody can be happy. Even @Princess_Fluffypants and I 馃ぃ

Don't get me started on Ford "recirc"....馃槇

Registered
In theory that would work. I always left ny Land Rover on Auto. The Transit's Auto leaves a lot to be desired. Get into the van after it's been parked around midday. Van interior is 140 - 150 degrees. Auto won't go to Max Cool/Recirc. After 15 min Max is too much so switch back to Auto. Need to pick which of 3 fan speeds for Auto. 20 minutes later pick a lower Auto speed, rinse and repeat.. Duhhhhh!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts