Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think these are 2 different options. Sounds like yours is High Resolution Digital Camera (61E) and OP is referencing Digital Rearview Mirror (90C) which as of the 8/30 update to the order guide went from late availability to moved to 23MY.
I'm not confused about my preview order saying "High Res rear view camera", the dozens of emails regarding the subject with my salesman or the fact that as I posted previously, "@CrewVanManInfo says he has orders pulled for production with the high res rear view camera and advised me to keep it on my order."
There maybe someone that IS confused though.
Why would the description for 61E not include "rear view" anywhere in its order guide description until its on the preview sheet?
Do you even know what 61E is?
I don't care if 90C is available or not. I just don't want my order to not get pulled because it has an unavailable option on it.
Here is another zinger, @CrewVanManInfo has also told me 61E and 90C are the same.
I have felt that this topic deserves its own thread. Weather we are talking about 90C being available or another outcome entirely.
Font Material property Number Document

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm not confused about my order guide saying "High Res rear view camera", the dozens of emails regarding the subject with my salesman or the fact that as I posted previously, "@CrewVanManInfo says he has orders pulled for production with the high res rear view camera and advised me to keep it on my order."
There maybe someone that IS confused though.
Why would the description for 61E not include "rear view" anywhere in its order guide description until its on the preview sheet?
Do you even know what 61E is?
I don't care if 90C is available or not. I just don't want my order to not get pulled because it has an unavailable option on it.
Here is another zinger, @CrewVanManInfo has also told me 61E and 90C are the same.
I have felt that this topic deserves its own thread. Weather we are talking about 90C being available or another outcome entirely.
I'm confused by your message, but I'll bite.

You will only be able to see out the back with 61E when you are in reverse on the big SYNC4 screen if you have it, or in a tiny screen on your mirror if you don't have SYNC4, just like the low-res and front-rear split camera does in 2020 and 2021.

90C "Digital Rearview Mirror", is certainly this (an always-on rear-view camera that appears to be a traditional mirror ... i.e. the same as the VanTop, etc., mirrors people install aftermarket):

Reactions: nmiller85

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm confused by your message, but I'll bite.

You will only be able to see out the back with 61E when you are in reverse on the big SYNC4 screen if you have it, or in a tiny screen on your mirror if you don't have SYNC4, just like the low-res and front-rear split camera does in 2020 and 2021.
So 61E is a higher resolution version of the standard rear view camera but they don't tell you its a rear view camera in the order guide? How do you know its not one that points out the front on the dash?

·
Registered
553 Posts
So 61E is a higher resolution version of the standard rear view camera but they don't tell you its a rear view camera in the order guide? How do you know its not one that points out the front on the dash?
[major edit]

According to my emails with Ed, 61E is the same camera that is in 61D. If you only want a tranditional "backup camera" you would order 61E on its own. If you wanted a traditional looking mirror that works when you have no back windows then you would also order 90C.

If you order neither 61D or 61E you will get the stock "Rear View Camera with Trailer Hitch Assist" which is presumably not high-res.

And as I edited out before, the Order Guide is not a glossy brochure for consumers. It's a "PROPRIETARY" document intended for educated dealership employees to order vans.

And here is 90C before it was punted to MY2023:

Rectangle Circle Font Symmetry Parallel

Reactions: nmiller85

·
Registered
'21 R2X Ordered 02/04
124 Posts
I'm not ordering a '22, so haven't spent that much time with the order guide, nor tried to put together an order with a dealer, but I am wondering if either high resolution camera OR 360 camera are required if you have the 12" sync4 system and one can not simply get the standard back-up cam. It sort of seems that may be the case by reading it, even though it states high res is optional with 58B, 58C, 58E and 58F. Also, with it being a $0 charge item on the preview order makes me lean even more that way. Sort of reminders me how in the '21 order guide it was not clear the 120v outlet was required/automatically included with the dual alternators, but when building out an order there was no way to remove it...
One thing we do all know is..you never really know with Ford. I remember the great auto start/stop button delete debate from last year, with not even Ford having the correct answer initially...
One thing I feel pretty confident about though is that the digital rearview mirror (aka always on, which is 90C and certainly not 61E, so not sure why CVM would say they are the same, how can one move to 23MY and not the other if they are the same..? Maybe he can chime in if that is what he is telling people...) got moved to 23MY, which is what this thread started about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would worry more about Ford build quality.
Just curious...why worry about Ford build quality from 2020 forward? What happened? Until buying a 2002 Ford Excursion diesel, an Econoline diesel, a Ranger Diesel, a 2018 twin turbo Explorer and a few others all new, I was not a Ford person. Why am I one now? Only because the preceding list of Fords (plus 2 others) were all purchased new and I have had zero surprises in more than 400,000 combined miles from these Fords. Why now are you anticipating problems or are you a Chevy person?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts