Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I went out for a quick weekend exploring the desert and getting back to a slot canyon hot spring.
Some folks wondered why I wanted 33's and the older Aluminess style front bumper.....angles matter :)
Next on the list in a rear bumper tied into a in floor storage/skid plate and sill protection.
Oh and I did have to stack some rocks, if that had not been enough I would have used the Maxtrax with rocks under to create a ramp and ease the angle.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I think Unimog is the better choice for such overlanding. The amount of money and modifications to get anywhere NEAR the capability of a stock Unimog would probably pay for one and then some.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
You can import them, I've seen several here in the SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think Unimog is the better choice for such overlanding. The amount of money and modifications to get anywhere NEAR the capability of a stock Unimog would probably pay for one and then some.
View attachment 131967
If you can find one, they are amazing off-road but a PITA on the freeway getting there.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
If you can find one, they are amazing off-road but a PITA on the freeway getting there.
My friends 1960's 404 radiobox gets about 7mpg at 50mph. For some reason he wanted to drive it to the Redwoods (325 miles) to attend an expedition I was hosting. Bad idea. The thing is an unstoppable tractor OFF roads, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts