Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but I was on cars.com and saw a dealer that actually has a Transit in stock or at least has actual photos of one. I didn't think anybody was going to get one of these mythical vehicles until next month. I went to the dealers site but it does not show up in their inventory yet. Suppose it hasn't been updated yet, although I wonder how it shows up on cars.com before it shows up on their own site?

2015 Ford Transit-250 148 WB Cargo, $35,195 - Cars.com

·
Registered
185 Posts
According the the person on the Ford build and price website chat, there is supposed to be one already delivered to a dealer near Detroit. The website's inventory search function sucks as it will only show vehicles at one dealer at a time and you have no idea of the status the ordered vehicles they show. The chat person was able to locate one that had already been built and shipped.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My local Ford dealer (3 miles away) has one in stock. I'll take some pictures today and post later today.
Wish there was one close to me. I really want to see one in person to help me decide whether to order one, or go with something else.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
So we don't know which dealer near Detroit, right?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Dynaco1
Any chance you can take a pic of the drivers seat with battery compartment underneath?

Could you ask the dealer if the slider can be remote controlled, like on other vehicles?

Thanks.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I didn't see any option for electric slider in any ordering info. But there is a 6/40 non-slider option, that would probably be easier for you than trying to slam the slider.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Low roof only.
Good catch.
Is the medium roof slider height full like the NCV3 Sprinter or partial like the T1N Sprinter?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but I was on cars.com and saw a dealer that actually has a Transit in stock or at least has actual photos of one. I didn't think anybody was going to get one of these mythical vehicles until next month. I went to the dealers site but it does not show up in their inventory yet. Suppose it hasn't been updated yet, although I wonder how it shows up on cars.com before it shows up on their own site?

2015 Ford Transit-250 148 WB Cargo, $35,195 - Cars.com

It does show up on the dealers site, along with a window sticker. Shows a June 4 window sticker date, I'm not sure if that is the build date or an internal invoicing date.
http://mcmahonford.com/St-Louis/For-Sale/New/Ford/Transit/2015-2-Wheel-Drive-White-Car/29734176/

We'll start to see more show up. St. Louis is right around the corner from the factory. But at least they are releasing them for sale now. Expect to see more this coming week.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Wish there was one close to me. I really want to see one in person to help me decide whether to order one, or go with something else.
I saw the fifteen person van in Sioux Falls last Friday. I was back there for my daughters wedding and it was the deisel and it was real nice. :D

I will buy one buy the cheapskate in me always like someone else to take the big depreciation hit. >:D. Todd

·
Registered
185 Posts
So we don't know which dealer near Detroit, right?
She gave me the names of 3 closest dealers that had one already shipped:
Gorno Bros in Woodhaven, Suburban Ford in Sterling Heights and Donley Ford in Shelby Ohio. Unfortunately all of them are over 250 miles away from me.
When I checked Suburban's website, they advertise highly discounted prices (up to $6K off MSRP) on all the Transits they have on order. Don't know if that is only for employee plans or not.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Never realized there were two Suburban Fords, one in Waterford 4 miles from home, and then this one in Sterling Heights just 6 miles off my daily commute route. Their website inventory doesn't show it, but I'll give them a call Monday and see if they really have one on the lot.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Low roof only.
Thanks, hoping they have one in the works or adaptable from vans.
It's a problem trying to open/close from electric wheelchair. Especially from inside with wheelchair lift in the way.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
241 Posts
And i wonder which class B upfitter will be the first on the block to offer a street side slide out in place of the street side slider? :) I've seen it done on other makes...not stealthy but sure add interior volume.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She gave me the names of 3 closest dealers that had one already shipped:
Gorno Bros in Woodhaven, Suburban Ford in Sterling Heights and Donley Ford in Shelby Ohio. Unfortunately all of them are over 250 miles away from me.
When I checked Suburban's website, they advertise highly discounted prices (up to $6K off MSRP) on all the Transits they have on order. Don't know if that is only for employee plans or not.

I went to Suburban's site and can't find the transits you mentioned? Can you post the direct link? Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I went to Suburban's site and can't find the transits you mentioned? Can you post the direct link? Thanks.
looks like you have to hit the commercial inventory link to see everything they have on order:
http://suburbanfordsterlingheights.com/Detroit-Metro/For-Sale/New/?BodyStyle=Commercial%20Vans

As for the one that was supposed to be already on the lot, that was based on what the Ford website chat person said a couple weeks ago. Probably gone by now unless they held it for a demo. I never actually called to verify because I didn't have 12 - 14 hours to waste driving to see it.
As it turns out there might be one in my town now. Dealer web site says it is in stock but I didn't see it anywhere.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts