Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..... I am having ALOT of trouble here trying to drive myself away from picking that damned yellow color.
As I said before.... yellow is my favorite color..... not just any yellow.... THAT YELLOW ! lol

i LOOOVE yellow orange !
it just happens to be the color of school buses and construction vehicles and lines painted on the streets and all manner of caution signs.... but I can't help it.
Its also the color of marigolds and I have ALWAYS had a weakness for THAT yellow orange.

of all the colors in the rainbow.... honestly.... its THAT yellow orange... or something like that... that is my most favorite.

SO.... while I know that white gold would be a better choice for a transit to make into a camper van..... its that damned yellow orange thats making me crazy.

SO? does anyone have one of these yellow transits ?
or am I the only nut job here that loves this color.

thanks.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I might have except it's not available like the other colors. Unless Ford has changed the rules, the only way to get yellow is if you're ordering the "school bus" package or doing a fleet order and want a bunch of them.

The only yellow Transit I know of on the forum was a fleet vehicle that wasn't picked up and klp subsequently bought:

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/camper-vans-conversions/22513-meet-yellow-bird.html

I'm not sure if I'd have picked yellow if it was available or not. I really like the color but I also don't like being NOTICED and I'd surely be NOTICED in that, especially with a high-roof van! :) I prefer to sorta blend in with the crowd in my boring ol' white van... (Not that that works very well, I still get plenty of people noticing it!)

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Are you trying to order one or just would like to have one already built? Most of the ones available to the public are ones that have had slight damage in transit and then offered to the public at a drastically reduced price. A few are leftovers from dealer fleet orders and the fleet owners ended up taking fewer vehicles than ordered.

Are you looking for a van or wagon? Ready to get on a plane or make a long distance trip to get one? Both New & Used ones out there!

How about a SPECIAL ORDERED FORD UNIT, A T-350 HR Diesel Wagon!
3.2L Diesel with 3.31 rear axle, Pewter Vinyl 12 passenger seating, Alloy Wheels, MANUAL WINDOWS & LOCKS, User Defined Upfitter Switches, and Privacy Glass.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yellow might almost work as a reverse stealth. People would look at it and figure it must be some kind of school, public works, or maybe ment for advertising. Nobody would pick a bright yellow van and be trying to hide, right?

You only go around once in life and if yellow speaks to you, listen and enjoy. If nothing else, it will make it easier to find your way back to the right camp site when you walk to rest room. I think it might also be fun to have vinyl letters saying something like "Marigold Transit Co." added to the sides. Then, being retired I might also add "Not for Hire" as a bit of an additional inside joke. You can tell anyone who asks about the Company on the side that Co stands for "Cause I wanted it that way".

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
When I city camp one of the preferred locations is on the street by a B&B, motel or hotel because random cars are expected to be parked there. Would think a bright yellow van might not blend in very well in those locations. You would blend in well if parked next to a school where my grey van would not.

The yellow van would be much safer in traffic.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses.
The yellow van is indeed available for order if you choose the 'commercial sized' van. Thats what the dealer told me.

I am getting ready to order the big guy.... extended body cargo van.... I just cannot decide what color. I love the yellow because that yellow orange is my favorite color. I am not looking to buy something off the lot.... or something damaged.

I want to order the 2017 with what I want it.... just as you would any other color. The yellow is indeed available for me to order. SO.... maybe Ford changed the rules on that one. I was surprised because I didn't think I could but it IS available.

I was just wondering here is anyone actually HAD a yellow one... and now I do remember yellow bird. Thanks for reminding me.

Crew Van Man..... I am going to get a 3.7L not a diesel. I don't want any problems with diesel if I want to idle the engine.
I wish I could get a diesel.... but not these new ones. This is gonna be made into a camper van... and being retired.... i'll just be drifting along... not in any hurry to get anywhere. lol

I'll be the girl on the road doing 60MPH. lol... just drifting.

thanks everyone for your opinions..... I have to make up my mind very soon between the white gold or the yellow. THAT DAMNED yellow orange !
makes me happy just looking at it. LOL but I also know that the white gold makes more sense.

I am giving this some long hard thought.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Have you looked at the NEW White/Gold exterior color on a Transit yet? Send me your location zip code and I will let you know where the closest one is located. So far I have seen the MR 130" Wagon in Okmulgee, OK and there is a MR 148" Wagon in Gainesville, TX.

Since you are likely to get a 148" Extended Body Transit, do you want the van or wagon? Checked Ford dealer inventories and there are 2 148" HR EXT Wagons currently built. One in Las Vegas, NV and the other in Salem, NH. Both have the 3.5L EcoBoost.

Found a HR 148" Loaded Wagon with 3.7 L engine in Tacoma, WA. You might look at this VIN...1FBAX2XM9HKA01494.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yellow is cool. As well, from the reports of the white color being thin, the yellow is also more likely a robust color. And as far as safety is concerned, it is the best. And next to white, it is the lightest and coolest temperature color.

And maybe best of all, it more closely matches my Pearl Solar Yellow Metal-flake 2012 Kawasaki Versys 650.

But to conform and possibly get a remarkable deal, the white is the only other light color that is not a metallic color (which has no base paint and is usually a weak paint for single coat vehicles.) I hope that you start a trend. I would 'rather' have the superior quality yellow paint too. But with none on the road, most people are discouraged from being 'pioneers' from unfavorable experiences.

With school buses everywhere, I think it would blend in better than most think and provide extra law enforcement protection as well. Other than a custom paint markup, I think it would be a safe and cool investment. But if YOU don't even get one, then it would discourage me too :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you looked at the NEW White/Gold exterior color on a Transit yet? Send me your location zip code and I will let you know where the closest one is located. So far I have seen the MR 130" Wagon in Okmulgee, OK and there is a MR 148" Wagon in Gainesville, TX.

Since you are likely to get a 148" Extended Body Transit, do you want the van or wagon? Checked Ford dealer inventories and there are 2 148" HR EXT Wagons currently built. One in Las Vegas, NV and the other in Salem, NH. Both have the 3.5L EcoBoost.

Found a HR 148" Loaded Wagon with 3.7 L engine in Tacoma, WA. You might look at this VIN...1FBAX2XM9HKA01494.
I am going to order an 2017 extended body cargo van.... 3.7L gas The people I am having do the build will
put everything else in that I want.

I want sliding windows all around. I am in central Texas at the moment and the builder is in Austin.

I have seen the white gold and its not a bad color. I am considering it. Still I am considering the yellow .... can't get it out of my head. lol Thanks for your help. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yellow is cool. As well, from the reports of the white color being thin, the yellow is also more likely a robust color. And as far as safety is concerned, it is the best. And next to white, it is the lightest and coolest temperature color.

And maybe best of all, it more closely matches my Pearl Solar Yellow Metal-flake 2012 Kawasaki Versys 650.

But to conform and possibly get a remarkable deal, the white is the only other light color that is not a metallic color (which has no base paint and is usually a weak paint for single coat vehicles.) I hope that you start a trend. I would 'rather' have the superior quality yellow paint too. But with none on the road, most people are discouraged from being 'pioneers' from unfavorable experiences.

With school buses everywhere, I think it would blend in better than most think and provide extra law enforcement protection as well. Other than a custom paint markup, I think it would be a safe and cool investment. But if YOU don't even get one, then it would discourage me too :(
Hey Breeze ! even if i don't decide to get the yellow van.... that shouldn't stop you. I don't look at myself as pioneering anything ! LOL if you knew me you would understand thats a serious joke.... HA !

I love the yellow.... but I can't believe that the white gold paint is that bad. I have not seen any reports on it.
anyway.... I am only doing this camper build once so I may just get the yellow because I love it so.
I'll see.

anyway.... thanks for your thoughts.... and your solar yellow bike sounds beautiful.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Versys 650 (Yellow Jacket) is screaming for a Yellow Transit with a tractor winch/ramp and a sealed docking station in the rear of the cargo van ;)

GOLLY BREEZE ! you should have it then ! DEFINITELY GOES with the bike ! lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
So yeah mine is yellow. I am not a yellow guy but my kids loved it at first sight and it was cheap lol. The van was also kitted like I want.

I love the color and visibility it offers - stealth is also there, a lot of people think it is some sort of service vehicle. I plan to stealth it up a bit more with some subtle badging/stickers.

Mine is also planned as a mobile nest for my beloved moto which matches of course. I'll post a pic later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You could always get a side gig as a driver for DHL... 0:)
and I DOUBT they ever get towed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just sayin', this may be the ULTIMATE stealth camper color - as long as you had some cool red graphics to go with it. Perhaps DHL "Critical Time Delivery" or similar. Be creative.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Wrong yellow lol. I agree though, not too hard to make it look like something else.

Here is the company that ordered my van.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats interesting.... you actually ordered your van thru a company that uses them ?
how did you go about doing that ? I wouldn't have expected that.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thats interesting.... you actually ordered your van thru a company that uses them ?
how did you go about doing that ? I wouldn't have expected that.
No, maybe my wording was confusing. The entire story is in my thread, short version is this company(steemer) ordered it and never got it because it was damaged on the way to them. Ford fixed it, I bought it :)

I think a whole rail car of them were mangled as I found 5 for sale nationwide during my search.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Drifter- go for it, yellow is your color, don't regret it later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good luck with your Yellow Van, When I was wanting to get my van I actually wanted the Gold color
that was available in 2015. I went with the Lunar Sky color based on the Color of the front page
of the 2016 brochure. DO NOT believe that Picture! It is more like what the gold color was.
The Lunar Sky is more like Caribou, and is hot in the Summertime, almost as hot as black.
One more tip, get the privacy glass! Oh and get SYNC 3, if only for the larger back up camera screen.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The white gold metallic is more of a cross between a creamy butter and champagne. Different. I haven't seen one in full sun though, so I hope the "metallic" parts glistens or something.

And contrary to what the first salesman said, the entire chassis is painted (dipped?) into the exterior color...so any exposed metal will be the same color as the exterior (and not white like the guy thought. I told him it wouldn't be white :D).

1 - 20 of 54 Posts