Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve heard the term “fake leather” used to describe the factory leather seats available in the Transit. If you have factory leather, what is it like? Hard? Soft? Just right? Would you order it again?

·
Registered
2020 T350, High Top, AWD, 148", 3.5 eco, 3.73
313 Posts
I like them. We ordered them due to the 10 way adjustment option but I will say, they seem to show wear a little more prematurly than I would expect. They aren't scuffed or ripped but it seems like the material is stretched more than it should be for a vehicle with only 12k miles. My 2015 GMC pickup seats with 60k look better as does my lexus gx with 135k.
We are also not a "large" family. I am 180lbs. . I'm thinking it should be able to withstand a little more.

·
Registered
'21 XLT MR 148 Wagon, Eco, 3:31 LSD, RWD, PSD, NAV, ACC
91 Posts
I came from a leather appointed Volvo and the Ford Transit leather treatment is lame.
The leather material is fine I guess.
But the fitment, stuffing, trim is really lackluster.
I also believe they will "sack out" prematurely. Become "baggy"
Overall seat ergo's not so hot for my 5'6" 160 lb frame.

But whatever, I'm over it. I'd never own cloth seats. Any port in a storm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have 140,000 miles on a 2015 transit wagon. Love the leather seats. Not a requirement on future purchase but if I ordered a van, I'd definitely order the leather option. 10-way power is an absolute requirement in my book. I drive long distances across the country when I use this van.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have them in my 2020. Ordered them without seeing them. I'd order again, but like others, I'm a little disappointed in the overall "wow" factor. They're comfy, they clean up easy, but they're just kinda "meh".

When it's time to redo them (I plan to get 15 years out of this van), I'll have a set of custom stitched leather/alcantara sea covers sewn up with a nice diamond quilted pattern. . like this:

leather.jpg

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
We ordered them due to the 10 way adjustment option
I'd definitely order the leather option. 10-way power is an absolute requirement
No need to get leather to get 10 way power heated seats (which are actually 5 ways) . They are available in cloth (at least they were in 2020). The odd thing was the cloth/power/heat option was only available on a T250 not a T350. 🤷‍♀️
I was pleasant surprise to find out that cloth heated seats were an option. This is not common in the US.

·
Registered
849 Posts
We love ours and find the seats to be perfect for what they were designed - sitting in for 8-10hrs at a time, day after day after day. They are not as immediately comfortable or anywhere near as flash as the seats in my AMG but I choose the Transit seats over the AMG seats every time for long hours at the wheel

·
Registered
2021 High Roof, AWB, EcoBoost
88 Posts
I like em. The leather is not as bad as some I’ve had, like in a Dodge. ours are not vinyl like, but not the suppleness of a nice import either. I like the cleanability. I could wish for more high end leather, extending thigh support,ventilation, etc., but that is not what I expected. Afterma seats are an option, but this is the happy medium I wanted.

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
883 Posts
They're fine. About what I'd expect. Not as good as the 2013 Ford Explorer we have, even. Certainly not on par with the Audi, BMW, or Tesla leather seats I've spent a bunch of time sitting in. But they're black and unlikely to stain when I dump stuff on them. Biggest complaint is the lack of "memory settings" in the motorized setup. No excuse for skipping that, really.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve heard the term “fake leather” used to describe the factory leather seats available in the Transit. If you have factory leather, what is it like? Hard? Soft? Just right? Would you order it again?
They’re on the harder side of things, they’re not luxury accommodations by any means but I do like them better than the cloth option. I was lucky to find one an hour away from me w the leather seats, factory tow and window delete options.
If you’re expecting Volvo / Benz butter soft leather… you’ll be highly disappointed but they are way better than cloth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find mine very comfortable.

it is very easy to clean, soft, and welcoming. However, i much concerned with how durable my leather is.

I don't see it retaining such color and textures in 3 years. I am also considering changing the leather of my carpet cleaning truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts