Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 250 high roof AWD ecoboost
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 250 Transit high roof.

Am planning to mount my B2B charger and house batteries over the rider side wheel well, connecting to the CPP under the driver seat and grounding to the factory ground behind the wheel well.

Where should I run the 4 AGW? Any idea would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
332 Posts
That's a long run compared to most. Going under is the shortest opportunity. Inside route could be into the side wall just behind the driver side b pillar, thru both sides of the c pillar, then up to the ceiling and out, across and along the roof rib and down into the passenger side wall to your wheel well.

I found 1" grommets that fit those odd holes with the "keyhole" shape to go into and out of the walls without drilling them out.

Probably other options to come....

·
Registered
2017 Ford Transit 350 Passenger Wagon
55 Posts
2021 250 Transit high roof.

Am planning to mount my B2B charger and house batteries over the rider side wheel well, connecting to the CPP under the driver seat and grounding to the factory ground behind the wheel well.

Where should I run the 4 AGW? Any idea would be appreciated.
This is exactly what we did. We ran the cable beneath the floor along one of the channels beneath. We've been running that way for over a year with no issue. We mounted a circuit breaker on the base of the driver's seat inline between the CCP and B2B.

Here's a pic of the 4AWG stretched out to measure before we ran it under the floor. Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Window

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
2,391 Posts
Definitely don't go over the roof. Adds far too much distance. Go under your floor or under the metal floor underneath the van. Use the big ground behind the driver's seat for a ground then use another big ground in the back - so you have a one-way hot line, not out-and-back. Should be able to get 50A if you route cleanly.

But since you're talking about alternator charging with a 2021... you sure you don't want to have more power? If you've got a CCP2, that's good for 150A comfortably. 🤔

·
Registered
2021 250 high roof AWD ecoboost
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all the great advice...We plan to put the cable under the subfloor, on top of the metal floor, secured with zip ties, on zip tie mounts, surrounded by Poly-iso sheathing and glued int 3/4 plywood floor furring strips..straight diagonal shot from the driver's seat aout 7-8' with service loop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts