Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I plug a phone mount into the cigarette lighter that is bellow the gear shift lever. Works great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Automotive mirror

This is a very old phone, lol, I can't take a pic of my phone with my phone. I bought the "CupFone" holder from Weather Tech. Works good for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've gotten so used to using navigation by sound only, as that's the way I do it on the motorcycle. I get turn by turn instructions in my helmet speakers and it works great.
I hate how often the voice nav interrupts my podcasts. I don't need 3 updates for a 1/2 mile section of road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 model. It has a little slot to the left of the radio. No smart phone has ever fit there and it's an odd shaped hole. I am a carpenter so I fashioned a block of wood to fit securely in the hole, painted it black, installed a 1/4-20 threaded insert into the top and mounted an adjustable phone mount to it. Works perfect for navigation, etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got my 2022 Transit about a week ago. I saw the little storage area on the dashboard with both a cigarette lighter and USB-C charger, and with Android Auto and the the fact that I really shouldn't be using my phone while driving anyway, I thought that would be a convenient place to store and as needed charge the phone while driving. However, I did this a few times and found that my phone was hot from the sun through the windshield, and was much cooler when I stored it in the center console. Any thoughts?
On my 2020 I use a cell phone holder that mounts in the cup holder in the center of the dash. Love the cell phone holder have had one for years in my car. Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07WN1ZCNY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've had good experience with the ProClip mount.
Has anyone noticed that in one of the pictures on that web site, the transmission shifter knob is that of a manual transmission?

Too bad that won't work on a 2022 van; it may have worked fine for my ham radio.

back on topic, I put my phone in the driver's door pocket, the one on top where you put your fingers in to pull the door closed.

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
646 Posts
Has anyone noticed that in one of the pictures on that web site, the transmission shifter knob is that of a manual transmission?
In every other country in the world, manual Transits outsell autos by a very large margin. At a rv show in Poland a couple years ago, even the big diesel pusher motor homes had manuals.

Obviously, the maker is an international company.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts