Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very well.. I'll move on so one can disregard my comments about our "2015 Ford Transit Connect"

I guess Vet tried to warn me when I first asked where my topics should go.. I would suspect they aren't welcomed me.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I believe that Lost is working with a Transit Connect, thus the smaller bolt pattern. And thus adding some confusion to this thread.
I personally prefer to blame Ford for any and all confusion. Any possible marketing gains from naming completely different vehicles the same can't offset the confusion that would undoubtedly follow. What did they think would happen?

Regarding wheel bolt patter, is it confirmed that it is 5X160? I had seen earlier reports suggesting 5X150. That's a big difference and easy to measure. Anyone have a ruler or tape?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Chance.. I've been away for about 1 month and have some interesting news.. I found a site called: RoadKillCustoms.com from there I was able to determine that our "2015 Ford Transit Connect XL SWB 2.5L I4" has 16x6.5 5-108 (5x4.25) bolt pattern.

Also, along with bookmarking the roadkill site.. you might need this one also: https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=225-50r17-215-55r16

Along with learning the bolt pattern and allowed wheel sizes.. I found that Jaguar, Volvo, Ford Land Rover and a few others utilizes this same bolt pattern. Thus our wheels search could rally begin. Searching and comparing sites like Tirerack, Discount Tire, CariD and a few others mainly in Europe.. I believe I found our wheels.

But before I reveal our wheel choice.. I wanted to point out that CariD has an interactive system that allows the 2014 -Current Ford Transit Connect to have 16's,17's,18's & 20's One thing I neglected to meantion, was that durring my search, Vissions Wheels/Off Road contacted me saying they wanted to help.. But there was a catch.. They allowed us to have a group buy on any one wheel within their inventory.. The trouble is, we would need at least 50+ TransCon owners who wanted the same wheel 4 wheels ending up costing a total of 31K+.. You do the math.. thats 4 wheels x 50+ owners = and this was just to have the bolt patterns implemented into the design so that any given wheel would fit our Transit Connect..

Now for our wheel selection which will undoubtedly set the tone for our build..

These are the 17x8 XD series RockStar Wheels that just so happen to have our bolt pattern. Special ordered of course and there is a wait time of 3 weeks give or take a few days. So this puts us being able to acquire these wheels (baring anything foreseen) at our door.. But we're not done.. We're going to have them painted Magnesium Blue, then sent to a ceramics coating shop where they will coat the wheels for us.. then sent back to our authorize Ford Performance shop to have mounted and installed..

Projected Appearance:

Take note that we'll be removing the dreaded ugly center star cap..

Want to follow our build?.. 2 Lost In Transit's Toaster Van Build

21 - 25 of 25 Posts