Ford Transit USA Forum banner

What's plan B?

10962 151
Now that my 2022 order is surely going to be canceled (PSD, SYNC4, etc), what should my plan B be?
We've already waited since last September on this one and we can't wait another year for a 2023. We need a vehicle within the next two months max.
Finding a used Transit would be a letdown compared to the build we were going to get for somewhere around the same price.
Are Sprinters delayed too? Any other vehicles I'm not thinking about? What are you all doing?
Reactions: tcnkla
141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Bought a spare tire mount for the cargo trailer, a 48 x 36 utility box for my portable solar panels that will ride in the tow vehicle bed and some fancy black lug nuts for the tow vehicle. Also checked all the trailer lights (after 500 screws in the trailer) and they work just fine. Stained some of the wood with a min wax distressed stain...it worked. I did something else but the whiskey kicked in so I will check the invoice tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
Plan B is referring to what other vehicle than a Transit to acquire if they aren't available.
But, these bug-out plans are fun.
Temporary bug-out, like less than 6 months, is one thing, permanent bug-out is another. One of the banished members had a sweet set-up in the woods with a timber-framed house and produced their own power and was growing some of their own food. For a permanent bug-out, aka prepping, making your own stuff to eat is a major consideration. You can't be a post-apocalypse hermit and go down to Walmart for supplies every month.

Ruminating on the topic, and entertaining different ideas, I think I'll be keeping my 110k mile van for another 2 years at least. I seem to average 20k a year now, so that would be 150k on it, which should be very easy to reach without any major repairs; I'd expect 200k. I may just keep it forever as a hauler and camper, and get a different vehicle for running around. If the trophy fake-wife and I decide to drive around the country for a few years, I think I'd get a Sprinter, for the more comfortable ride. Bottom line be damned, I'm old, I've already done my scrimping and cutting back so I wouldn't have to in my decline.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Received and installed 24 6 spline lug nuts on the tow vehicle, bought a silverware drawer organizer, had ceramic tint installed on the tow vehicle, installed an under seat organizer for the tow vehicle and bought a collapsible hose (Zero-G).

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Received the black six spline lug nuts for the trailer tires and will install them when the spare tire arrives so I can do everything at once. Ordered a custom cover for the trailer spare tire. Thinking about getting a Tire Monitoring System to monitor the 2 trailer tires, the trailer spare and the tow vehicle spare.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Installed the spare tire/wheel and rearranged tow vehicle storage to be able to access the tire inflator, 25 foot extension for the inflator, wheel chocks, tools, torque wrench, and aftermarket extended lug nut wrench in the under rear seat storage...and I still have more room!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Where I am now...Not Everything but the most important.

Six by Twelve Cargo Trailer
Fifteen Amp Shore Power
Thirty to Fifteen Amp Adapter with Surge Protector
5,000 BTU Air Conditioner
Camco 5.3 Gallon Cassette Toilet
Twenty-Five Foot Collapsible Hose to Fill Toilet and Fresh Water
Refrigerator/Freezer
Bluetti AC200P Solar Generator
Bluetti EB 2400 Solar Generator
Bluetti EB 70 S Solar Generator
Three 200 Watt Solar Panels on Roof
Three 200 Watt Portable Solar Panels
Three 160 Watt Portable Solar Panels
Ten Heavy Duty Extension Cords and Surge Protector
205/75x15 Spare Tire and Trailer Tongue Spare Tire Holder
Elevated Bed with Four Inch Memory Foam Mattress
Three Foldable Kids Beds with Three Inch Mattresses
Fifty-Four Inch by Eighteen Inch Metal Five Tier Storage Unit
Thirty Inch by Fifteen Inch Metal Three Tier Storage Unit
Five Gallon Fresh Water Container with Water Pump
Five Gallon Waste Water Container
Thirty-Two Inch Smart TV
Long Distance Over the Air Antenna
Multi-Port (Six Ports) USB Charging Station
Seven Hundred Watt Microwave
Eleven Hundred Watt Induction Cooktop
Two Burner Propane Stove
Six Spline Lug Nuts for Trailer and Tow Vehicle
Privacy Curtain for Bathroom
Two Layers of Rubber Interlocking Gym Floor Mats for Floor
Insulation For Walls and Ceiling
One Quarter Inch Luan for Ceiling and Walls
Tire Monitoring System for Trailer and Spares
Torque Wrench, Extended Four Way Lug Wrench, Tire Inflator and Tire Repair Kit
Vornado Circulating Fan, Rubber Two Step Entry and Entry Grab Handle
Colored LED Lights and White LED Lights
Silverware, Plates, Cups, Waste Basket, Pots, Pans and Nets for Storage Units
Wheel Chocks, Jack Stands and Blocks for Rear of the Trailer
Under Rear Seat Storage Unit and Water Proof Tonneau Cover for Tow Vehicle
Ceramic Window Cover on All Windows for Tow Vehicle

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Installed all the tags for the extension cords, solar cords and solar generator power supplies, installed the spare tire cover, ordered foamboard and long pushpins to mount the grandkids paintings on the foamboard and wall, and ordered additional heat/blackout panels. When does it end? Never I imagine.

141 - 152 of 152 Posts