Ford Transit USA Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you get any of the emails from Ford about your Transit order? In some cases, they lead you to believe you would get a 2022 Transit. 'Your order is confirmed' ..... later on in another email' Sorry but your Transit has been delayed'. Has anyone got a email from Ford that they are not going to build out your Transit order? Your dealer may have contacted you about it but if you were getting communication from Ford, why are they not communicating with you now? Just let the dealer give you the bad news so Ford don't have to face the heat from customers.
I'm in Canada and I've had zero communication from Ford. All of my dealings have been with the representative I ordered my van from. I have a VIN and a window sticker so expect to get a delivery soon. I applaud you for all your efforts in this forum and for your customers. It is because of you I have known what to ask my dealer and what to look for on line to track my van's progress. I would imagine if I was not in the "getting the van" club I would most certainly act on legal ramifications. Thank you for all the information and the efforts you have undertaken to make your customers happy. If I was able too I would have ordered from you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve yet to receive an email from ford. Placed order November 2021. Dealer says it’s been pulled to be built but no build date yet. That’s all I’ve been told. Called one of the numbers someone found on here and the rep told me the same thing after providing my info. That’s the entirety of my contact with ford regarding my order placed 8 months ago……

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I’ve yet to receive an email from ford. Placed order November 2021. Dealer says it’s been pulled to be built but no build date yet. That’s all I’ve been told. Called one of the numbers someone found on here and the rep told me the same thing after providing my info. That’s the entirety of my contact with ford regarding my order placed 8 months ago……
If you do not have a VIN, then you will have NO build date. Dealer looks to be playing a game with you. Ask them for the 17 digit VIN and see what they give you..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Taco Bell stopped carrying the Mexican Pizza, then brought it back and it cost more than it did in the day. Now they've been overwhelmed by demand and removed it, we should file a class action suit!
I realize this is a joke but that's not what is happening here. This situation is you're at Taco Bell and you order a Mexican Pizza for $4. They tell you it's going to be a few minutes while they make your order. You sit and wait. And wait. And wait. You go up to the counter and ask what's going on with your order. "I don't know" they say, "maybe it's something to do with missing tomatoes or sauce?" "There's really no way for us to know what's going on back there." You're frustrated but you sit back down to patiently wait.

Another hour goes by and you go back up to the counter to ask about your order.

"We're out of Mexican Pizzas! But if you want to wait a bit longer, we'll make you our NEW Mexican Pizza! It's exactly the same as your Mexican Pizza but it will cost you $8. Please place your order for your NEW Mexican Pizza and resume your wait! We can't tell you why we didn't make your first Mexican Pizza. You just have to guess. Also, remember the NEW Mexican Pizza is the same thing you ordered the first time, only it's $8 now. So there's no guarantee that we'll make this NEW Mexican Pizza either. We could just come back in another 2 hours to offer you our NEW NEW Mexican Pizza for $12. There's nothing stopping us. Enjoy your wait!"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I realize this is a joke but that's not what is happening here. This situation is you're at Taco Bell and you order a Mexican Pizza for $4. They tell you it's going to be a few minutes while they make your order. You sit and wait. And wait. And wait. You go up to the counter and ask what's going on with your order. "I don't know" they say, "maybe it's something to do with missing tomatoes or sauce?" "There's really no way for us to know what's going on back there." You're frustrated but you sit back down to patiently wait.

"We're out of Mexican Pizzas! But if you want to wait a bit longer, we'll make you our NEW Mexican Pizza! It's exactly the same as your Mexican Pizza but it will cost you $8. Please place your order for your NEW Mexican Pizza and resume your wait! We can't tell you why we didn't make your first Mexican Pizza. You just have to guess. Also, remember the NEW Mexican Pizza is the same thing you ordered the first time, only it's $8 now. So there's no guarantee that we'll make this NEW Mexican Pizza either. We could just come back in another 2 hours to offer you our NEW NEW Mexican Pizza for $12. There's nothing stopping us. Enjoy your wait!"
THIS is exactly the case and reading it made me super angry.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Also: Even though you've been waiting for hours while we said we were making the Mexican Pizza you ordered (but we weren't, as it turns out), you may not get your NEW Mexican Pizza until well after people who just now walked in and ordered get their NEW Mexican pizza and are already enjoying it. Sorry, no priority!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Please elaborate. It will make your post useful.
Personally I'm a big fan of the way that the turbo diesel 6 cylinder diesel engine handles mountain passes and drives around town compared to the various engines offered in the Transit(s).

The member that I was replying to purchased a 22' 4x4 Sprinter so if you're comparing the 2022 Sprinter that has a true 4x4 against the 2022 Transit with AWD I would personally say that the true 4x4 is a better drivetrain. You can include ground clearance in that category as well.

All of the above is irrelevant if money is a factor. For the money I think the AWD Transit is a better purchase especially once the 23' Sprinters move to AWD as well.

Just because it's a better vehicle doesn't mean it's worth the mark up that the vast majority of MB dealers are charging in my opinion.

To make this relevant to this thread based on my personal experience there's the following options:

• Pay $12,000 over MSRP for a 2022 4x4 Sprinter which is roughly $78,000 before tax, tag, title, etc.
  • Keep my fingers crossed that my 2022 AWD Transit order gets picked up for production (lol) which is around $54,000 before tax, tag, title, etc.
  • Order a 2023 AWD Transit that's identical to my 2022 order for $59,000 and cross my fingers that I ever get it
  • Order a 2023 AWD Sprinter - from what I understand there may not be a mark up over MSRP but I've been told that a 23' will be roughly 13% more than the equivalent 22'
  • Buy a used Ford Econoline and have Fiberine cut the top off and make it a high roof and take it to U Joint or AJ's for 4x4 conversion
Those are the options in my opinion. My wife and I need a high roof van and we need 4x4 or AWD - we live in Tahoe and actually use our van year round. We have gone through winters with a RWD Sprinter and it is not a viable option in my opinion.

I've got a 2023 AWD Transit ordered. It costs what it costs and it takes as long as it takes. No amount of bitching and moaning on the internet will change the MSRP. If they provide price protection that's super. If they don't, the Ford is still a less expensive alternative than the Sprinter. That's about all there is to it through my eyes.

Bummer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I guess it's just a matter of how you define better. I wouldn't consider the vehicle that costs more while also breaking down more and requiring more and more expensive maintenance to be higher quality.

I understand that there's still a lot of cache around the brand name... But it's been quite a while since there's been any truth behind it.

If the sprinter broke down less and was of higher build quality I would cheerfully pay the higher price. As things stand it just feels like a rip off.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Imo, the sprinter does two things better, ground clearance and availability of after market products (which is slowly changing as transits become more popular).

Other than that, the Transit is superior in every other category.

Reliability
Price
Dealer network/service
Size, different heights and width towards top
Driving performance with ecoboost engine
Etc…….

·
Registered
409 Posts
The member that I was replying to purchased a 22' 4x4 Sprinter so if you're comparing the 2022 Sprinter that has a true 4x4 against the 2022 Transit with AWD I would personally say that the true 4x4 is a better drivetrain. You can include ground clearance in that category as well.
I don't think that's actually true? Merc calls it "4x4", but it's not actually a true 4WD system. You don't have a locking transfer case with a High/Low range, you don't have locking diffs front and rear.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is the drivetrains on both the Sprinter and the Transit are very similar in their capabilities. They're both equally poor at doing real off-pavement stuff, intended more for use on slippery flat/paved surfaces like snow and ice.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I guess I'm more patient than some here. Took 20 months (ordered in the fall of 2020), a new model year, and several different item outages to get ours, never once thought about suing them.

I suspect Ford is well protected when it comes to enforcing their agreements, including not having to deliver any vehicle when the parts are not available. There are legitimate supply concerns in most industries these days.

When we were balanced out late last summer we were offered a full deposit refund, there was no forcing us to accept a new vehicle or new price. We chose to continue on. Fortunately for us inflation hadn't raised its ugly head yet and the "adventure package" became available and ended up saving us a few bucks. Those who get balanced out this year aren't likely to be so lucky.

Thems the breaks. This spring I was expecting to get balanced out again, luckily for us it didn't happen. We basically feel lucky that we got a van with everything we ordered. I feel bad for any of those who ordered a '21 fairly early on and might have to wait for a '23, that'd suck.

I've seen a couple reports by people who have claimed they were balanced out, seems to me one actually found out they weren't actually balanced out after all. I assume once Ford actually does announce they're balancing out for the year all heck will break out on this board over a 2-3 day time period. Until that actually happens I think there are likely at least some people here venting that will actually receive their cans this year.

Ford really does need to work on communication. We never heard boo other than when we initially received a VIN number. After that it was a matter of watching the build tracker. Quite frustrating, that I do understand. I don't think there's any real reason for a legit lawsuit just yet unless someone can prove Ford KNEW they were not going to be able the vehicles and took deposits anyways.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now that my 2022 order is surely going to be canceled (PSD, SYNC4, etc), what should my plan B be?
We've already waited since last September on this one and we can't wait another year for a 2023. We need a vehicle within the next two months max.
Finding a used Transit would be a letdown compared to the build we were going to get for somewhere around the same price.
Are Sprinters delayed too? Any other vehicles I'm not thinking about? What are you all doing?
Funny you should say that about the Sprinter, I'm building one as we speak. My salea person said the van went up 4k, I looked @ the spec sheet and it went up 6k. So disheartening, especially when I built the van to my budget.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

I have a 21 4x4 sprinter and a 21 awd transit it my driveway at home. I also just got rid of a Promaster.
Just my opinion, I would have just keep the sprinter if I didn’t think the transit is better in every way. Except ground clearance, but the sprinter is so high it’s a pain to get in and out. The aftermarket support is still better for the sprinter.
Automotive bicycle rack Wheel Tire Sky Plant

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
View attachment 174079
I have a 21 4x4 sprinter and a 21 awd transit it my driveway at home. I also just got rid of a Promaster.
Just my opinion, I would have just keep the sprinter if I didn’t think the transit is better in every way. Except ground clearance, but the sprinter is so high it’s a pain to get in and out. The aftermarket support is still better for the sprinter. View attachment 174081
Well that settles that, lol.

Nice vans. I doubt many have experienced all three.

·
Registered
75 Posts
View attachment 174079
Just my opinion, I would have just keep the sprinter if I didn’t think the transit is better in every way. Except ground clearance, but the sprinter is so high it’s a pain to get in and out. The aftermarket support is still better for the sprinter. View attachment 174081
Never seen someone drop the “i have all 3” before. Why’d ya sell the Promaster?

41 - 60 of 74 Posts