Ford Transit USA Forum banner

What rails are needed to add 4th row to 2018 8-seater?

285 12
I have spent a couple hours searching for information about rails and seats that might work in the back row of an 8-seater van. 2018 150 XL VIN:1FMZK1ZM0JKB42556

I have confirmed that the van has curtain airbags all the way to the back. The mounting brackets & nuts for the 4th row seats also seem to be present (see attached photo).

Based on the threads I have read, I realize the 8-seaters are tricky because the 3rd row has a different mounting position than the second row.

Preferred Option 1: I would love to remove the 3rd row bench and replace with a new 3rd and 4th row six-seat configuration shown in the 2018 brochure (see attached). Is that possible? Would love to do a seven-seat configuration (4 seats in the last row) similar to what is shown for the 12 & 15 configurations if that was possible, but notice it isn't shown as an option on the 2018 brochure for the 130" wheelbase (see attached image).

Alternate Option 2: If the rail location for the 3rd row causes a problem, I would be okay leaving that and still adding 2, 3, or 4 seats in just the back row. These seats are back-up seating for us, so when we do need to use them we would just have our kids enter and exit through the back door.

Can anyone provide some thoughts on what types rails & seats I would need? Really appreciate the help.

@CrewVanManInfo I have seen some helpful info from you on similar posts. I know your primary recommendation is to order the van with the seats the way you want them, but unfortunately I already have the van. Any insight you can provide? :-/

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 350HD High Roof LWB EX
25 Posts
If you are looking for 2018 seats and rails let me know. I gutted out a 2018 T350XL 15-passenger unit and have the seats and rails. The 31" double seat is used only on the extended WB extended body vans either in the last position (no cargo) or in the position behind the wheel wells in the extended WB models. The single seat by the door has two legs and two rails. In the 15 350HD, the next row back is a single passenger seat across a narrow aisle from a two-seat unit. That single seat sits on one leg to a rail, and the side facing the van wall bolts to an anchor above the wheel well. I think I may have the rails and seats you are looking for.

·
Registered
2018 350HD High Roof LWB EX
25 Posts
Definitely interested. Looks like I will be in the market for a 36" double and a 16" single single. What's your location and what color are the seats?
The seats and brackets are available in Manassas, VA.

Seats are black leather with perforated seat and back areas.

I have two double 36" sets. Seats recline about 2". One double set is designed to bolt in hard with two legs and one bolt connection above the drivers' wheel well. The other sits on its legs, can be removed from the rails quick disconnect. See image 5909.
I have two single seats. One uses two legs and bolts into the rails. One uses one leg and bolts hard to an anchor over the passenger wheel well. Both recline 2"
I have one 56" wide triple. Uses legs with quick disconnect.
I have all of the legs and hardware for the seats, including the 12mm rail bolts.

The rails in the photos are in their relative position installed. Image 9505 is the front of the cabin.
First Bank - 5905
4 BLUE
3 BLUE 1 white
1 White 3 RED with V
Second bank- 5906
4 ORANGE with V
1 White 4 ORANGE with V
2 White 2 RED with V
3 White 1 RED with V
Third Bank (After wheelwell) - 5907
3 White 1 YELLOW with V (2 Ea)
1 White 3 YELLOW with V
2 White 2 YELLOW with V

I have access to pallets and packaging materials to safely ship seats, legs, rails and hardware via LTL truck.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts