Ford Transit USA Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Well reading this got me more confused than I was ! :) I have bought the DC/DC non isolated version 1y ago... and now in the process of plugging them. Ground loop will be innevitable ( I guess), but would it be a security concern or just a noise issue for high frequency device? (sound system etc). here is my electrical diagram. I was considering to use 2AWG wire for the ground connection points (yellow circles in the image) instead of the 4/0 as a "think" (read it like : i'm no engineer) my fuses or breaker will trip before the wire fails if a problem occur. ( and the fact that it's hard to run a 4/0 wire in the space left, I would rather use 2AWG.
Handwriting Rectangle Schematic Font Material property

I may be missing stuff... but the diagram looks good. Well thought out, I'd say. I'd wire the batteries a tiny bit different - direct from each terminal to the fuse and shunt using equal-length cable. The smaller ground should be fine, IMNSHO, based on the discussion (different thread, I think?) of the normal path of flow - which means the ground only accommodates 60A normal. AC out to panel looks excessively large @ #6 unless you're running 20-feet or whatever... but no harm done, of course (it's only 25A max generally - and likely much less). Similar with MPPT to Lynx - unless that's a really long run, no point being larger gauge than the upstream. Potentially similar with Orions - depending on length of run.

One small-ish change I'd make would be to go heavy-gauge from CCP2 to bus-bar then run a heavy gauge from ground to negative bus-bar. I'd make those bars ready for 150A in case you decide to go that route down the road. It can be pretty nice to get 2-3 times that power out of the alternator.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.