1781 - 1800 of 1893 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I'm not sure on that grill paint... the pics and text do not make it clear. But, I think he painted what was black, to something brighter.

Yes, I painted the black plastic insert a metallic silver for a slightly different look. Other color combinations are possible, it would be neat to see an XL grill painted in two colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
I finished putting up eastern red cedar crown trim to complete my walls. I kept the stock polypropylene load protection panels and insulated them with Thinsulate. The ceiling is Thinsulate held in place with support rods. The adjustable Rubbermaid FastTrack wall system allows us to hang packs, gear and outerwear.

I am considering adding either eastern red cedar or K-Flex Insul-Sheet to cover the exposed areas of the roof supports.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Does the grill pop off by itself or do you need to take the front bumper cover off as well as the surround piece? I tried pulling the grill off on its own but it feels pretty tight.
No, just the grill. I started at the top corners, carefully working around with plastic trim tools.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Over the past weekend or two I've cobbled together a backrest/bed platform based on something @MsNomer shared. I used two pieces of Luan with an edge frame between the sheets of 1" x 2" and put a sheet of 3/4" R-Max to fill the empty void. Put the stick on the Luan and the R-Max with Weldwood Gel Adhesive. It ain't going no where.

I've hung it so the extra mattress acts as a backrest for the bench for now. Eventually it will hinge up for solo sleeping on the bench, and will also be removed to fit beside the bench to make a Full bed.

I'll post more in my build thread in a couple of weeks after I wrap up a few more ideas I have for it, and, after I get back from a vacation to higher elevations to enjoy some air conditioned MTB riding and escape the Texas heat for a week. :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
Let's get some traction back under this thread before it gets buried.

I insulated my rear side windows with Thinsulte and built walls over them a couple of weeks ago. This past weekend I ripped out the carpet and installed vinyl plank flooring. I'm just hoping I didn't suddenly make it slippery inside when shoes are wet or boots are muddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I purchased an 8000 BTU portable air conditioner to use in the van, as well as foam and mesh materials to vent the heat through the passenger's window. Will run the AC off of my 300ah kilovault, I figure if I set it correctly the compressor itself should only run about 15 minutes total of every hour.

Applied ceramic coated tint to the driver's door, working well so far. Recently purchased enough for the passenger's side, will apply soon.

Recently finished the frame for a 21 gal water tank, tank sits above the driver's side rear wheel well, worked out beautifully so far.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That’s looks lovely, I had read in a few places that vinyl plank flooring swells and shrinks with heat and would buckle if fastened into the van, did you take this into consideration at all?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not too much today. Got some decorations set up on the rear view mirror. Also ordered about 1500 bucks worth of merch on amazon, including solar panels, controller, dual batteries, alternator, wire, a vent fan and more! Trying to take it slowly with my build. First step is to decide where I’m going to mount and build out a box for the solar control, fuse panel and alternator...

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am buying them from the link below, I made the deal over email direct but you should be able to call them, $330 each. I went through panasonic USA corporate and after multiple referals they sent me to that company because they're on the east coast, which is what I inquired about. I live in northern VA and the company is in Secaucus, NJ, shipping would have been $300 so I'm driving there next tuesday to pickup.

https://www.alliedsolarproducts.com/panasonic/

1781 - 1800 of 1893 Posts