Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1893 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Very cool Travlin, love that kind of history. Look forward to seeing the finished project.

I've been busy the past few days. Made a frame for my water tank out of 1 1/2" aluminum angle, and bolted it through the floor. Just worried about that 25gal tank full of water if ever in an accident. Not sure there is much more I can do in that department.

Mounted my on demand hot water tank under the bed.

Just finished mounting my 2 x 170w solar panels. Really wanted to use flexible ones, but just couldn't make that leap due to all the reviews I've been reading about short life span. Don't want to do them over again.

Received my charge controller today from amazon and the lithium battery should be here in about 10 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Installed my Kenwood 2 meter Ham Radio today. Next is the antenna. RG-8X coax was previously installed with the Thinsulate insulation above the ceiling.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Installed Bilstein B6 struts yesterday. Combined with the Fox shocks in the rear you realize just how crappy the OE shocks/struts are. What a welcome difference. The wagon feels planted now. Dips I had to slow down for previously because the front end would pogo drastically I can just motor through. So nice.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
The wife is a saint and watched my sick son so I could get stuff done on the van.

Adrian Steel Center Console
Ford Vent Visors
Luverne Rear step

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not done yet but I laid out all my electrics on the panel that will be mounted on the van wall right above the house battery, made appropriate length cabling, will screw down most items tonight and should be done by the end of the week. Still waiting on the 8D battery box, next week delivery.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Battery box arrived on Friday so I attached it to the wall with plusnuts and packed the battery inside with a bit of padding all around it. Made cables and plumbed the inverter, celebrated the final step by vacuuming the van out with my shop vac, powered by the inverter. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Got hit today by a soccer mom as she was backing out her driveway. She was in a new Honda Odyssey van with a back-up camera!

I think the lower hinge is slightly out of alignment, as is has a slight groan as you open it.

I asked her insurance about a loaner, I am eligible for a micro subcompact car but not a truck (van is my work vehicle). Or they will pay $28 a day. I asked if i could have the $28 per day if I used MY truck. They said no, that is not available in Oklahoma.... just my luck.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
3-1/2 years old, and not a dent or parking lot scratch on her... could almost pass for new, until last night.

Vogel State Park, Georgia -- on my last night, around midnight, a piece of dead wood about 2-1/2 inches x 4 feet crashed down and put a dent above the windshield, near the side crease. That crease would seem to be an obstacle to possibly getting the dent to pull out with some sort of suction-yank.

Worst part is that, at that location -- right where someone might accidentally hit a low drive-through or canopy -- I look like the dumb guy.

Hammer for scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Got hit today by a soccer mom as she was backing out her driveway. She was in a new Honda Odyssey van with a back-up camera!

I think the lower hinge is slightly out of alignment, as is has a slight groan as you open it.

I asked her insurance about a loaner, I am eligible for a micro subcompact car but not a truck (van is my work vehicle). Or they will pay $28 a day. I asked if i could have the $28 per day if I used MY truck. They said no, that is not available in Oklahoma.... just my luck.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
They have to pay your losses.

You are not bound by the agreement they have with the insured.

Tally up the costs you have to pay and send them a bill.

If you have to rent a van while your van is being repaired, they have to pay that.

( should have gotten a slider )

NOTE: I am not a lawyer and therefore etc etc etc
———

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Got hit today by a soccer mom as she was backing out her driveway. ...

Bummer. Damaskinos has a point. Send them a bill for van rental. It could work.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Heard a very loud bang on the roof somewhere. Sounded like a branch fell on it. Stopped to see whether the solar panels were intact, but of course, couldn't see up that high. Later, I had another look and noticed a large splotch of gore on the forehead over the driver side. Killed another bird, I guess. There's a beak sized dent up there, so he must have gone face first to his demise. I think that's number 5 or 6. Got the first 3 on the first day of ownership while driving home from Matt Ford.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Got the Lifeline GPL-30HT battery settled in to its new home in the passenger seat base. A couple wood blocks for horizontal hold, a couple Simpson Tie straps and threaded rod into plus nuts installed in base for tie-down.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Replaced my front door speakers, new ones sound fantastic but now my automatic window will only go down, automatically, I have to hold the switch to roll it up. Oi!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,620
Replaced my front door speakers, new ones sound fantastic but now my automatic window will only go down, automatically, I have to hold the switch to roll it up. Oi!
There's a re-learning process to get it back to auto mode, detailed in the manual.

1601 - 1620 of 1893 Posts