Ford Transit USA Forum banner
101 - 120 of 2832 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
I drove Mulligan and showed him off to hundreds at the camporee... where I had hoped to find someone interested in my build and would help attach the bolts... instead I found my volunteer boss who notified me I was removed from my position last November! Ahhh more time for Mulligan now.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I came closer to accepting that the 2015/17 Transit falls far short of the 2003/06 Sprinter and is not really a good substitute.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Orton, from reading that you have SS tanks fabricated for water storage, I've been curious what the cost would be doing it your way for a tank of 13 - 15 gallons. So far the best I've found is going to cost in the neighborhood of $200 after shipping cost thrown in for a polyester water tank. That seems like a lot to pay for such a small plastic container but what are ya gonna do???

Try http://www.classacustoms.com/Water-Tanks_c28.htm

Reactions: BabyBuffy

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
If only we could buy new 2003/06 Sprinters. Therein lies the problem.
Actually, we can. They make them in Russia. We just can't import them to the USA.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tested our Adventure-Van electrical and water system. So far, everything function as expected. I will continue the testing in the next few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Next up, bolting floor using elevator bolts. Seven holes pre-drilled just waiting.

Layers under wood: Polyethylene, MLV, Polyethylene. Wood = 12 mm Okoume (Marine Grade)

Trimming the foam I started out using a multi-tool. Quickly discovered that was using a sledge hammer to nail brads. Switched to using a thin flexible draw saw. By far the best tool I can imagine for that specific task. The blade can be laid flat against flat of the metal floor ensuring both sides of foamed gap are cut flush with floor.

Attachments

Reactions: meljr

·
Registered
288 Posts
I tested the van shore power input and the Bosch 110v electric water heater today. I am surprise and very happy with the initial result of the water heater performance.
I am pleasantly surprise of the short time (approx. 20 minutes) required to bring the water temp from 65F to water heater recommended temp setting.

More info at:
http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/...dventure-van-modifications-transit-wagon.html

Attachments

101 - 120 of 2832 Posts