Ford Transit USA Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1948 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Fed up looking for Laundromats on our road trips. Did a test fit for a nice Samsung set from Costco.

It's gonna be a tight fit. Not sure if we want the washer at the back and dryer at the side, or the other way. 🤔

Or, alternately we can just deliver them to our new house and do without them in the van. 😏

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
671 Posts
Fed up looking for Laundromats on our road trips. Did a test fit for a nice Samsung set from Costco.
It's gonna be a tight fit. Not sure if we want the washer at the back and dryer at the side, or the other way.

Or, alternately we can just deliver them to our new house and do without them in the van. 😏
It looks like both could fit in the back just fine. Washer on the bottom, dryer on its side on top of the washer after notching the cabinets. Yeah, that's the ticket. :D

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

It's gonna be a tight fit. Not sure if we want the washer at the back and dryer at the side, or the other way. 🤔

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
haha omg you almost had me flipping out... I was about to go off like, dude seriously you put a laundry in your conversion? lol!!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey Guys- prove me wrong here but I just tried my lug wrench and it fits loosy-goosy and actually popped off the third lug useless. May have the wrong one but when/if you try, mine has a 'doorknob' looseness to it and does not sit square on the lug. Like its the next size up, yet came with the vehicle. Before your stuck on the road....curious, but won't know till Monday.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I've been using my socket set to take the wheels on and off. Sometimes I don't have the socket with me so that's a good idea to actually try out the factory wrench.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #988
Hosed off with my Roadshower and sacked out on the fold down couch after running a half marathon on the trails in the East Bay hills.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Finally installed my solar panels. Twin 180 watt Grape Solar panels, I painted the frames and mounting hardware black so it blends in a little more than silver might.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Finally installed my solar panels. Twin 180 watt Grape Solar panels, I painted the frames and mounting hardware black so it blends in a little more than silver might.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
E- in doing your solar-homework, is there a flexible panal that you would even consider ovet rigid, loads being even?

·
Registered
91 Posts
E- in doing your solar-homework, is there a flexible panal that you would even consider ovet rigid, loads being even?
Although I originally wanted to go with flexible panels there are a lot of opinions on this forum and others saying that the technology isn't up to par yet so I went with panels I had seen in other builds with great reviews instead. They went on sale a little while back at Home Depot so it was a no brainer.

You did not use the Ford rack mounting holes. Looks like you bolted through the roof steel. Roof is thin and flexible. Did you add reinforcements inside between the roof ribs to stiffen the roof steel?
I went with the VSB option and did not bolt them down. After this picture was taken I added lap sealant over the mounts to seal them up a little bit.

Cheers,
Eric

·
Registered
249 Posts
E- What did HD do for panel price? Discount in pairs? I'm putting the small Vanair 6" fan in my 130MR. 2.5 amps I believe. Converting a 40w 120v desk lamp to a 50w 12vdc using a 7.5w Philips MR16 LED bulb. HD had it but had to do the receptacle ($5) online and until I do a serious electrical install, this lamp is about the biggest draw I'll have. This is home right now, full time. What does your MAXXAIR draw, on max? Controller? Batts? I should probably add the second battery option as a safety back-up. If I do, the batt has to be a duplicate, right(anybody)? Also, what is 'VSB?'
Virginia State Bar, very small brakes?

·
Registered
249 Posts
ALL- as it's raining here now, I can't do this but on the menu to to-do's is a 'Blinker swap,' that is, driving and seeking a lane change, either those that fail to yield are outright rude and continue to accelerate, slowly, despite my intent to change lanes or they simply cannot see the blinking red-on-red taillight,or, in a sun setting behind us environment, the blinker, is simply, nil. I like to think the latter, so, I thought I'd make the (A) top taillight/blinker lamp a taillight only(3157); the (B) clear reverse lamp bulb (3057) shall have amber LED's (3157 replacement) and wired using the the blinker lead from up top. The original reverse lead shall go directly to an auxiliary under-bumper clear LED reverse-lamp set-up that are simply brighter that the existing 3157 reverse lamps of the 50's that we are graced with. Comments b4 the jump?
Additionally, (C), the bottom most lamp, which are blank, are (p.229) the 'rear clearance lamp(s). Clearance to what or did I miss this aspect of our van's too?

Hella x 2. BTW...having installed the Hella rear-fog on everything I've ever owned, tip to mount it: don't use the existing bolt-setup but silicone adhesive. In the event you back up and clip a log or rock, instead of destroying the lamp, a lightly stuck-on via silicone will break away instead and simply hang by the positive lead until you notice, no damage done, vs trash in an under-bumper application.

·
Registered
91 Posts
E- What did HD do for panel price? Discount in pairs? I'm putting the small Vanair 6" fan in my 130MR. 2.5 amps I believe. Converting a 40w 120v desk lamp to a 50w 12vdc using a 7.5w Philips MR16 LED bulb. HD had it but had to do the receptacle ($5) online and until I do a serious electrical install, this lamp is about the biggest draw I'll have. This is home right now, full time. What does your MAXXAIR draw, on max? Controller? Batts? I should probably add the second battery option as a safety back-up. If I do, the batt has to be a duplicate, right(anybody)? Also, what is 'VSB?'
Virginia State Bar, very small brakes?
I paid $230 each for the panels which is the current price they show on the website. I actually haven't hooked up the fan yet so I can't answer your other question but it's a popular fan so I'm sure someone can help with that. VSB was a typo, should have been VHB, adhesive tape from 3M.

Cheers,
Eric

·
Registered
15 Posts
i put mine on my insurance because i drove it to work for the first time today since i picked it up on 8/31. it still has less than 300 miles on it.

TB

·
Registered
469 Posts
Most lug nut wrenches that come with vehicles are jokes. I have dedicated ratchet wrenches and breaker bars with the right sockets for each of my vehicles. This is in addition to the full 3/8" through 3/4" socket sets that a couple of my vehicles carry most of the time. The tire kits stay with the vehicle all the time. If needed I also have extensions in the kit, and all my larger trucks I have a 4' or longer cheater pipe to extend the handle of the breaker bar if needed. One of my trailers has lug nuts that are specified for 425 ft lbs torque. The cheater pipe really helps in removing and installing them. Once I had to stand and bounce on the end of a 5' pipe to get one loose. Thankfully most of you will never have to deal with semi sized super single tires. I still recommend having a 2 to 3 foot pipe to extend the length of your wrench handle. It can make it easy, instead of having to grunt to remove a lug nut.
Hey Guys- prove me wrong here but I just tried my lug wrench and it fits loosy-goosy and actually popped off the third lug useless. May have the wrong one but when/if you try, mine has a 'doorknob' looseness to it and does not sit square on the lug. Like its the next size up, yet came with the vehicle. Before your stuck on the road....curious, but won't know till Monday.
I've been using my socket set to take the wheels on and off. Sometimes I don't have the socket with me so that's a good idea to actually try out the factory wrench.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Wow, post #1 ,000 in this great thread!

I didn't do anything to my Transit today since am away at a conference, but I did get a ride from the airport in a very nice shuttle-converted 15 passenger Sprinter which gave me a few ideas. I need to up my game, lol.

981 - 1000 of 1948 Posts