Ford Transit USA Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1922 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Must have missed those...

Opened the box and stuck them in the window.

Easy, no sweat broke >:D
Where'd you find those? I was going to build something similar but that looks much easier...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
The Transit rear tail light assemblies already have room for rear fogs, since they are commonly used in Europe. The lower red light segment just needs to have a socket added, IIRC.
The DRW Transits have a socket and lamp in those spots already.
I think it has something to do with the clearance/ID light legalities...
Just like the DRW oddity of no high brake lamp- the assembly on it is different and is a clearance/ID light.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #945
Wrapped up a 1200 mile family camp trip to the Eastern Sierras. Van and fam did great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yay Alabama Hills!
I cancelled my trip to Utah to run a 50k, and I'm wanting to get one last trip to the desert, and warmth, before the winter. I might spin over to Death Valley for a few days.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #947
That's like mine, only a bit bigger! Parallel parking and tree limbs hidden by leaves don't mix.

·
Registered
146 Posts
George, George, George of the jungle...

OUCH : (((

That's one of the reasons I got a taillight cam on my high roof with an always on monitor. That had to be upsetting.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Today I found and ordered a set of Steelcraft STX600 Running boards. 32" on the Driver side and 96" for the passenger and sliding doors. Here's a link to the video on them.
https://youtu.be/iJW0SZWth44

They look good, stamped steel, and at $199 shipped it was a no brainer. I like the no-slip design and after reading through the install manual felt like this was exactly what I was looking for.
Added WeatherTech Moulded No-Drill front mud flaps to the order to keep stuff thrown by the front tires off the steps.

Yesterday placed an order with US Cargo Control for some L-Track and various fittings. My plan is to attach cabinets and storage to the L-Track with stud fittings. This should make for very sturdy mounting, and allow a lot of flexibility of component placement (or interior redesign), as well as being able to remove things if needed for use as a cargo van.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thank you for the link to realtruck.com. I ordered the same mud flaps and added the custom-fitted Weathertech front mats. Gettin' it ready for winter!

Today's project was removing all 13 passenger seats from The Taxi (which, I guess, technically it's no longer a taxi). I have a different idea for plugging the holes and maybe designing a cap for the now-bare single-seat mounts... we'll see. Also need to figure-out covers for where the rear belts used to be. I snapped the reel covers back on, but would like to cover the mounts with something flat and not in the way of loading and unloading.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today I found and ordered a set of Steelcraft STX600 Running boards. 32" on the Driver side and 96" for the passenger and sliding doors. Here's a link to the video on them.

Hi Travlin,
Like the look and price of the Steelcraft STX600. Keep us posted on the running boards; fit, ease of install, any problems, etc. Thank You!!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Something happened today. Not sure what.

Was driving along -- no one ahead of me -- and got a strong smell of brake pad or asbestos. Thought it might be what I was driving through, but, it persisted. When I pulled over about 3 minutes later, smell was still strong inside. Sniffed around the wheels and under the hood... nothing. Well, there's always some smell under the hood, but, I think it was normal.

Continued on, still smelling some of it. I wondered what a blown fuse might smell like. I stopped a few minutes later, and smelled under the dash board. I thought there might be some smell, but, by then, my nose for this was shot.

No indicator lights, unusual gauge readings, noises, obvious change in performance. Ideas?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Something happened today. Not sure what.

Was driving along, and got a strong smell of brake pad or asbestos. Thought it might be what I was driving through, but, it persisted. When I pulled over about 3 minutes later, smell was still strong inside. Sniffed around the wheels and under the hood... nothing. Well, there's always some smell under the hood, but, I think it was normal.

Continued on, still smelling some of it. I wondered what a blown fuse might smell like. I stopped a few minutes later, and smelled under the dash board. I thought there might be some smell, but, by then, my nose for this was shot.

No indicator lights, unusual gauge readings, noises, obvious change in performance. Ideas?
I have had that happen to me before, not with my Transit. I too pulled over and did the sniff test. Could not find an issue. I suspected it was from a vehicle that I was following. The smell seemed to persist and then it was in my head that it had to be my vehicle. Pulled over again and checked the emergency brake cable (it was fine, not hung up), under the hood checked the oil level and transmission fluid (all okay), fuse box (also fine), belts and hoses (fine again). Got back on the road and slowly the smell was gone. Without cabin filters, our vans seem to take-in a lot of outside smells and they stay with us for a while until fresh air flushes our interiors. Just today, on my way home, a hot rod mustang was in front of me with open pipes. I was overwhelmed with exhaust fumes. This never happened, to this extreme, in my vehicles with cabin filters.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Which taillight camera do you like?

I couldn't tell you a brand name but it's a direct replacement for the factory brake light. There's an extra cable that had to be fed to the monitor up front. The video is clear. My only issue is at night. Because I have a 350HD my third brake light stays on as a clearance light at night. It affects my camera vision.

941 - 960 of 1922 Posts