Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 2832 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Added a shore power circuit with breaker and GFI socket behind driver's seat. Will extend the circuit to a socket behind the slider and one by the back doors.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Fetched a replacement treadmill since ours bit the dust last week.
Bigger, better Nordictrack that goes to 12mph/5:00 mile speed, adjustable cushion. Now I can watch a movie when I run, or as I've done in years past, the entire Superbowl (walk at halftime).

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I put my 12' step ladder in to take to an installation, and discovered a 12' ladder doesn't fit in an 11'9" room.

12' ladder fits by placing the rungs over the headrest of the lone bench seat, btw. Probably a foot from hitting the overhead shelf in my 148 MR.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Took out a bunch of stuff so I could pull up two sections of the floor to install threaded inserts for the galley and the new power cabinet (when I get around to building it). It was a bit of a struggle. The damned battery weighs as much as I do.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Last night and today removed, insulated, replaced headliner. Thanks to EL34's video got my headliner off in one piece with no serious breakages.

Applied at least one layer of 80mm Noico to every metal surface in roof including inside ribs. Next filled in ribs with double layer thinsulate. Attached a large one piece of thinsulate to ceiling (bottom of roof). Glued headliner sized pieced of MLV to top of headliner leaving cut out for small speaker in headline. Result three layers of insulation (overkill???) in headliner. Reattached headliner - all went well. Gratifying to be finished completely with sound and thermally insulating driver/passenger area. Next up - install floor: Neoprene to fill valleys, Polyethylene layer to isolate MLV from direct contact with metal, MLV layer, 12mm Okoume plywood, vinyl with rug on top, thick polyisocyanate any part of floor not exposed to walking.
* - Used mostly black but some silver Noico, not afraid to overlap layers.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did the stand inside my new empty van, by myself, finger to chin. Thinking of all the possibilities, long nights and many weekends to come. Then I spray glued some insulation up so I felt productive. Enjoyed the buzz from the fumes. And finished by getting on this forum. Lotta work ahead.

·
Registered
691 Posts
About two weeks ago, I got the galley bolted in, then built a flip up shelf to use with the passenger seat rotated. The other day, I got the galley wiring completed and tested the water pump yesterday. Today, I installed my propane tank locker and vented it down through the passenger side D pillar. There's an oval hole with a plug in it at the bottom of the pillar that is a perfect feed-through for the vent hose. So, the galley is functional. Went for a 26 mile bicycle ride this afternoon. Record breaking temperature, today. Snow forecast on Thursday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cleaned graffiti off the side! It got tagged with a big black Sharpie. Got lucky and it came off with nail polish remover and a very light compound buffing. Local body shop did the buff work for free helping restore my faith in humanity.

·
Super Moderator
4,552 Posts
FWIW, alcohol will remove Sharpie off most non-penetrable surfaces.
I drank a whole bottle of whiskey and the sharpie was still there :|

21 - 40 of 2832 Posts