Ford Transit USA Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2813 Posts

·
Registered
2022 T350HD XLT, 3.5L ECO,10 PASS, HR, SYNC4, TRAILER TOW
13 Posts
Removed the left headlamp assembly, removed the wimpy single note horn and installed a proper High/Low Dual Note Horn. Sounds much better.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Removed the left headlamp assembly, removed the wimpy single note horn and installed a proper High/Low Dual Note Horn. Sounds much better.
Have a link to the horn? Was it a simple plug and play install?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Indeed. This is one that I'd consider if I knew an easy part-number to replace it with. Maybe more train-horn style?
Now that I have a compressed air system I could really put a train horn on the van haha. Might get people driving slowly to the ski hill to get out of the way faster :unsure:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the HID headlamps. Two T27 torxbolts to remove the headlamp, then disconnect the wire connector on the backside. I ordered the Ford factory dual note horn PN# CK4Z-13832-B which includes both horns and the bracket. It's prewired to both horns. The same connector feeds both horns as the single note horn. Two T27 torx screws hold the horn bracket to the radiator core support. I plugged in the connector beeped the horn, it sounded good, then reinstalled the headlamp. About a half hour at my speed.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I know you are probably only joking, but I'd reconsider the train horn. They are popular where I am and they make me think one of two things:

1) OMG, am I near tracks? What the????? (I don't freeze up at this point, but some might)

2) Well I know I'm not about to cross any tracks, so that's not something I need to worry about since I'm on the highway. (Ignores)

Maybe I'm used to this from boating, but generally the horn somewhat matches the type of vessel. Not to say there is not major room for improvement of a stock horn though - definitely is.

But I'd just vote no on a train-specific sounding horn.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have the HID headlamps. Two T27 torxbolts to remove the headlamp, then disconnect the wire connector on the backside. I ordered the Ford factory dual note horn PN# CK4Z-13832-B which includes both horns and the bracket. It's prewired to both horns. The same connector feeds both horns as the single note horn. Two T27 torx screws hold the horn bracket to the radiator core support. I plugged in the connector beeped the horn, it sounded good, then reinstalled the headlamp. About a half hour at my speed.
you happy with the sound as a good improvement over stock? Trying to decide if I want to just go that route or try and aftermarket (I’m not going to do a train air horn)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, very happy dual compared to the single note horn. Ease of installation, No Wiring Necessary. Plugged right in.
Aftermarket horn(s) would require terminal end changes/splicing with limited access available.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Fumoto F137N for the win! (2020 Ecoboost)

Installed on my first oil change, this was my first chance to use it in all of its marvelous glory!

Not a single errant drip. I could reach the valve from the passenger side front corner with only having to slide under to my shoulders (so no worries about a belly!). As can be seen, stock tires, no ramps (not even a 2x8) required.

Hardest part was navigating the very hot components bare handed, and then later figuring out what the right orientation of the safety clip should be by feel.
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 W3U 350 Ecoboost AWD HR 148” EXT Cargo Adventure PKG 360 Carbonized Gray Ordered: 10/28/2021
22 Posts
Been looking forward to posting here. Received my VIN # last week so I now feel I will be getting my Transit. To get things started I order a Bedrug floor mat and sound deadening material. I did notice the less expensive sound deadening material is manufactured in Russia so I wonder if there will be inventory shortages with it. I’m sure China will pick up the production.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ordered a new Passenger door Key Cylinder. Have to replace the one damaged by the thieves that broke into the van in December.
Check eBay for a stainless cylinder lock cover. As I have a Google Alert for our Transit not a day goes by that some owner in the UK got his Transit broken into. They have quite the assortment of Transit security over there.

·
Registered
9,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,780 ·
Drove the van to Mammoth again... for the best mid-April snow in a few years.
I haven't been boarding in years. I really need to make a point of going up a few times next year. It just seems like so much EFFORT compared to when I lived in Breckenridge and had a Summit Pass. Freakin' 15 minutes to the lift, and if the snow was bad or icy, leave after one run instead of trying to get the most of the money spent on a day ticket.

2761 - 2780 of 2813 Posts