Ford Transit USA Forum banner
2601 - 2620 of 2645 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I shoulda got this multi port, but I already had a socket/USB port nearby...
View attachment 159959

Also search for a 90 degree plug didn't turn up anything. No bother, there's room for the plug/wires to stick out a couple inches in my cabinet.
Here's a pair of 90 degree plugs.

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,603 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: gregoryx

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
those are USB plugs, they don't work in an Anderson, and I doubt they are capable of 50a.
View attachment 160087
MFJ Enterprises has lots of very affordable Anderson power pole equipment.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
those are USB plugs, they don't work in an Anderson, and I doubt they are capable of 50a.
View attachment 160087
Ah. I saw the photo in the post and thought you were looking for 90s for the USB in that panel.

Having just bought those for keeping the USB clutter down it was fresh in my mind.

I'll just go back to goofing off then. Good luck on the search!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
View attachment 160087
Here ya go. Unless of course you are looking for some sort of flush mount that make a quick 90 right after the contact area.
https://andersonconnect.com.au/stor...ducts_id=325&zenid=jf3hd9fmhoil5fe2k5c8q5fsl7

Here is a discontinued weather resistant panel mount, but it looks require quite a bit of back space. Also mutliple connectors, not even sure of plug types?
SK8-A53B06 | 6 Position SPEC Pak® Right Angle Plug Shell
SK8-A53B06PS01-A02 | 6 POSITION SPEC Pak® R/A PLUG

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,607 ·
Here ya go. Unless of course you are looking for some sort of flush mount that make a quick 90 right after the contact area.
https://andersonconnect.com.au/stor...ducts_id=325&zenid=jf3hd9fmhoil5fe2k5c8q5fsl7

Here is a discontinued weather resistant panel mount, but it looks require quite a bit of back space. Also mutliple connectors, not even sure of plug types?
SK8-A53B06 | 6 Position SPEC Pak® Right Angle Plug Shell
SK8-A53B06PS01-A02 | 6 POSITION SPEC Pak® R/A PLUG
Narp, but thanks for the search. I was looking for a 90 degree end that plugs into the flush mount on the wall, to save a little space. Not required for my configuration, but might look a bit cleaner, inside the cabinet, in a place where no one can see it unless they move the fridge...

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Narp, but thanks for the search. I was looking for a 90 degree end that plugs into the flush mount on the wall, to save a little space. Not required for my configuration, but might look a bit cleaner, inside the cabinet, in a place where no one can see it unless they move the fridge...
Electromagnetic induction.

·
Registered
2017 Transit T250 3.7L. 148wb magnetic
2,163 Posts
What did I do? Like to say I roasted marshmallows over it on the fire. Brand new 21 awd build quality plain sucks. My 65 Malibu has better lines on it.
I think its a commercial van economy thing we can probably expect it to be durable but not exactly pretty , Pretty much get the job done at a reasonable price

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,610 ·
Going on a roadtrip to visit my Mom tomorrow, so I valmorphanized into campervan mode. Takes about 15-20 minutes to put in the sofabed, two cabinets, and the cassette toilet. It took longer to clean out the trash and sweep out all the dirt and sawdust first.
Vehicle Couch Motor vehicle Plant Window

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not today, but....

I moved back to Oregon in April, and I FINALLY got the van registered here on Friday. I had an absurd title fiasco with my bank that took forever to settle, but now I'm back in business. The issue: I paid my loan off in February 2020, and the bank sent me my old title without notifying Massachusetts that I had paid it off. When I went to register it here, I got a "Nope, you don't have the right title. Kick rocks." It took months to get it all straightened out. Ugh.

Other than that, I haven't touched the van since April other than to get around town (it's my daily). We moved to a rental without a driveway and I haven't been motivated to work on it. We just bought a house with a driveway and garage, so I should be getting back into it once we're moved in a couple weeks. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Built a cabinet out of 2020... Going to tear down the cabinet and redo in 3030 and go slider to back door on the passenger side.
View attachment 158375
Tore out the crappy cabinet and put in the new one using 30mm from 8020, made a video as well because I like the sound of my voice...

Not a word!

Reactions: gregoryx

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
2,036 Posts
Finished the Espar M2-B4L install yesterday. Got some of it documented. Dropped the fuel tank and installed the standpipe a few days ago, then finished the rest Saturday and Sunday and headed straight to the mountains where the wind is blowing and the temps re dropping. Worked at 9200' like a charm. Parked at a bit over 8,000' now with the wind blowing and cozy as can be. 😃

·
Registered
156 Posts
I started the day thinking about rotating tires but decided to add in transmission fluid replacement, once I removed the front passenger side wheel the transmission dipstick just stared at me, daring. Video is attached

Reactions: Guri

·
Registered
307 Posts
This week has seen some progress.

• Test fit the 8020 rack for the first time.
  • Figured out how to best position the OVS 270 awning.
  • Made a plate for the RV plug and wired it.
  • Ran wire for the lighting.
  • Made loose plans for the plumbing.
  • Started ordering the plumbing gear
  • 30K Tune up, passed without issue which was great after buying used

Tonight we'll run the solar panel wiring and setup the roof glands.

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
461 Posts
And yeah, I know the wires for the fog lamps are hanging out the bottom, the paint is a bit spotty, and it's sitting a little uneven. This was late in the test fit stage. It still needs to come off one more time for sanding and painting, and it will get lined up during the final install. This thing was far from a perfect fit.

Still not too sure how to deal with the fog lights. I may just wire them up to be on with the headlights for now. I wanted to wire it up with a stock switch, but apparently the cargo vans don't always come with the fog lights wiring harness.

2601 - 2620 of 2645 Posts