Ford Transit USA Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2261 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Moved propane to under van gaining inside storage space. Bought a new Manchester 6813 (25# RV tank) and mounted it where spare was. Tank was $420 shipped. Tank is tucked up pretty good. I do have a 2" lift and 245/75r16 KO2's.

The spare has been on the rear door for a long time.

View attachment 137447

View attachment 137448
You might consider installing LPG regulator vent shields.

·
Registered
49 Posts
How well do your Vortex Generators do? do you have them up the sides also? View attachment 137661 View attachment 137662
[/QUOTE]
The air tabs help out for sure. Got behind a semi right after I put them on. Before, would get buffeted pretty good. Now not so much and also when semis are going the other way on a 2 lane road. The back doors stay cleaner. When towing our trailer, the bugs are just in the last 10 inches or so.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The air tabs help out for sure. Got behind a semi right after I put them on. Before, would get buffeted pretty good. Now not so much and also when semis are going the other way on a 2 lane road. The back doors stay cleaner. When towing our trailer, the bugs are just in the last 10 inches or so.
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get them?

·
Registered
49 Posts

Where did you get them?
[/QUOTE]
Ecofins on ebay. I also ran them up the sides of the van.

·
Registered
2019 150 mid roof (base)
55 Posts
I watched some Vortex Generators videos. One of them mentioned that they create lift at the rear and reduce rear wheel traction. I guess that they are not good for an empty van in rainy conditions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2017 Upfitters Switches-P.O.S.

Installed wire harness for Upfitter Switches #3 & #4

If ford built aircraft, they all would be grounded😡

Fortunately there is much info threads here and youtube vids showing where to find the buried wires required to connect to the CCP to power Upfitter Switches #3 & #4 output.
And fortunately I did not completely bury these wires during build-out🙏

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my newly replaced windshield tinted: 70% Xpel Plus infrared ultimate + top strip.That will complete the all around window tint phase of insulation program. And thanks to our lovely tropical weather I finally located the water leak at the rear of the van. Lights fixture above the back doors: Guilty!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I change my OEM rear pads at 60,000 miles with OEM pads. The rotors were fine. At 66,000 now with no issues.

2015 T250, 130” WB, low roof,
3.5 EB

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I change my OEM rear pads at 60,000 miles with OEM pads. The rotors were fine. At 66,000 now with no issues.

2015 T250, 130” WB, low roof,
3.5 EB
Hey, yeah, I kept the old rotors, too. That wasn't my question, though -- I just picked the first long thread I could find, about rear brakes. My question (please see link and pics in note above yours) is about the position of the retracted piston, vs nubs on the inner brake pads.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
****! That's the answer, BECAUSE, the local Ford tech had reversed the inner and outer pads (warranty brakes, along with the 2015 bracket reversal)... and, I was following his lead. Crap, I had already bolted it back together and bedded the pads. Now, gotta redo stuff, tomorrow.

Thanks!

Hey @EddieZ . I never change the brakes yet but I saw a video here (see at 6 minute mark). He talk about the placement of the pads. I hope that helps...

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
116 Posts
20200803_174722.jpg
20200803_174354.jpg

Built a folding bed for the rear. Still needs a few more screws and paint. And maybe a more elegant way to fasten it to the wall. Magnets on the legs keep them in place when up so they don't rattle.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I feel like the dog that chased cars until he finally caught one and doesn't know what to do with it! Picked up my new to me 17 HR Extended T-350 Saturday. It's parked in the driveway. Not sure where to start, though I think roof rack / solar will be my jumping in point after installing a Class III receiver.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I feel like the dog that chased cars until he finally caught one and doesn't know what to do with it! Picked up my new to me 17 HR Extended T-350 Saturday. It's parked in the driveway. Not sure where to start, though I think roof rack / solar will be my jumping in point after installing a Class III receiver.
Congrats. Fun project.

·
Registered
2019 T-250 SWB
6 Posts
We bought a new 2019 250 SWB medium roof in June. It came with back windows and the floor covering. We took it on a 2000 miles trip in July and really enjoyed the ride compared to long rides in cars or trucks in previous years.
Prior to the trip, I installed a box of Noico. Ceiling, walls, and wheel wells. We put FRP panels on the lower openings to help with road noise. I put up curtain rods with blackout curtains in the front and back.
SD2.jpg FRP Panels.jpg

We drove through two and slept through another rainstorm on the trip. The Noico did its job well.
We stopped at a Flying J on both the out and back trips sleeping on camp cots with the windows vented and the curtains closed. We stored camp chairs and other things under the cots. Add a kayak and the dog crate for a full adventure. We camped for two days and nights using door netting to keep the bugs out and a breeze flowing.
Inside Van.jpg

We have a hitch installation coming and are developing a murphy bed and cabinet plan. This is a multi-purpose vehicle. Mostly for traveling when and where we want to and some rainy day farm use.

2181 - 2200 of 2261 Posts