Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
2,388 Posts
Installed the Roadmaster Active Suspension. Thanks to @takedown for the $75 discount code and to @Checkswrecks for the first mention of them I'd heard. Seemed good on a short as-fast-as-possible ten-mile freeway-exchange test drive. Gotta keep the fuel tank empty - it gets pulled today to do the standpipe install.

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Coil Coil spring

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I installed a flush Anderson Plug port for my removable powerplant/refrigerator cabinet.
No more dangly wires wrapped in electrical tape when the cabinet isn't in!

(plug is powered via CCP buss through "smart" 140a isolator)
I really LOVE those plugs! The small ones as well as the big ones.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Finished the Espar M2-B4L install yesterday. Got some of it documented. Dropped the fuel tank and installed the standpipe a few days ago, then finished the rest Saturday and Sunday and headed straight to the mountains where the wind is blowing and the temps re dropping. Worked at 9200' like a charm. Parked at a bit over 8,000' now with the wind blowing and cozy as can be. 😃

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
... installed an Aluminess bumper.
While the bumper looks great, I think I would likely go Backwoods if I had to do it over as the Aluminess experience wasn't the greatest.
Could you say more about "wasn't the greatest", @JustAnotherUser ?

I'm considering bumper options and this was on the list.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Took the van for its initial Quadvan shake down run. Since all the trails are well known, I did the cliffhanger trail just off Lower Red Rock Loop in Sedona. I used to do it in my Wrangler (4" lift, 33" tires and all) and figured it would be easy. Well shake down was the fact. Some things that I thought were secure were not so secure. So back to the drawing board to stop things banging and moving. The 4wd system worked perfectly although not needed all the time. Proper lines are a must with the stock size tires but the Michelin Cross Climate directional (235/65/16C) did great. Got some strange looks from some people all goggled up in one of those rental ATV's. Guess, they did not think a big and tall transit should be there.
Love it. We've banged stuff loose on trails with mostly those Polaris rigs... best way to find where the loose bolts as well as goods are located. 😆

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Finally done with the electrical. Everything works.
Beautiful work!

FYI, there's a more detailed skin option for the Cerbo GX. You may already know about it; but it was recent news to me.

Font Line Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You can control relays - of any kind you prefer - from the Cerbo. I haven't done that yet. A simple switch seems ideal for some/most things. But I plan to go relay eventually and tie the heat pads to relays that the Cerbo controls with temps (eliminating the built-in temp switches in the pads). I have four wire leads set up for temps so far - that should be interesting for controlling and tracking things. And I have a couple Ruuvi sensors coming that integrate directly with Cerbo for temps, humidity, and motion (if I understand correctly).

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Technically, we did this yesterday... ;)

Finally pulled out the galley (again) and got the missing cold-water valve hooked up. Then the hoses to the pex-lines that feed the shower. Then the pex that feeds the shower valves. And... we have a working shower! Drain is currently just dumping out the bottom; gray tank to be added. And the top of the shower still needs the add-on "shields" to keep the water from splashing out. And one could turn the wrong valve and dump water all over the place since it's set up for the recirc. And the recirc pump isn't installed. So, yeah... progress... but a lot of work left to do.

But now we have a working indoor shower as well as a working outdoor shower. 🚿

Kind of a crazy mess in the galley with all the water supply lines and valves. I bought a couple 4-valve manifolds but once I'd built this mess up and got it all leak-free I haven't had the urge to take it all apart and start over. It'll probably just stay like this. Leak free, capable of turning everything off, and the ugly bits are hidden away (this is the back of the galley). 😁

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Cable Electrical supply

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
My wife told me to cancel my 2022 Transit Crew Van Order as she had purchased me one.
Glad I did not cancel!
The full black-out look is killer. I haven't seen those wheels before, though; what brand are they? Are those the K02s? I hear they're the best tires. Looks like the back-end is already sitting low; got a build-out already? :LOL:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts