Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yesterday I painted the interior with insulating paint - house latex with the additive from HyTechsales.com. I'll be doing spray foam over that in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Your Hytech website is mighty lean on technical data. If you search the forum you'll find the subject of ceramic balls dumped into paint has been chewed up and spit out a few times before already.

Please tell us your avatar isn't you or someone else taking a dump!
NASA says it works, it wasn't very expensive, and now I can brag about driving a spaceship. What's not to like!!

Oh and that is me on the turlet, I'm a bit of a showman :D

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
You probably won't be driving your van fast enough where thermal resistance, such as what the Shuttles needed to withstand the high heat of re-entry, will matter much.
But look at all the sweet bench racing and camp fire stories I can spin about my very own 'Enterprise' >:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Current mileage is 191, changed engine oil to mobil 1, changed rear differential to amsoil (with friction additive)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I applied the frothpak 210 that I've had sitting in my garage for five weeks. It was messier and more difficult to control than I thought it would be, comes out in globules vs a smooth spray but I finished, will probably need to fine-tune it a bit to get missed spots but I'm happy overall. Will finish cleaning up the over spray tonight and get the bed rug back in. Next is electrics.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Cut the 14" hole in the roof on Friday for the maxxair deluxe, got the flange placed and used butyl on the mating surface, dicor on the remaining gaps. The gaps were substantial as they were hanging out over stamped areas of the roof on both sides, I then realized the dicor was not going to act as a caulk when it kept collapsing and leaving gaps after multiple applications. I sprayed the roof and immediately had leaks. I picked up outdoor sealant on Sunday and will be removing the flange this week, re-doing the project with the caulk and touching up with dicor. First time with dicor, live and learn.

Also added some of the stock panels back to the walls now that the spray foam is complete, covered the bottom areas of the back doors and slider, won't need that limited space for anything I suspect.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Installed two of four Heins' roof rack mounts before the rain started, will install the rest this week and hopefully my 8020 will show up so I get that done and solar panels mounted

Reactions: ewxlt

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not exactly done to the van yet, but I ordered the lithium house battery (300ah), charge controller, 2000w inverter and cables. 8020 is supposed to show up tomorrow so I hope to have the panels done by next weekend.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Finished my solar panel install on Monday (two grape 180s), used Hein's rack feet and black 8020. Received a ton of things from amazon the last two weeks and should have electrics complete in about two weeks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not done yet but I laid out all my electrics on the panel that will be mounted on the van wall right above the house battery, made appropriate length cabling, will screw down most items tonight and should be done by the end of the week. Still waiting on the 8D battery box, next week delivery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Finished up most of the wiring last night. Still waiting on the battery box and will need to mount and plumb the inverter and DC loads.

Attachments

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
156 Posts
Battery box arrived on Friday so I attached it to the wall with plusnuts and packed the battery inside with a bit of padding all around it. Made cables and plumbed the inverter, celebrated the final step by vacuuming the van out with my shop vac, powered by the inverter. :D

Reactions: kenjent

·
Registered
156 Posts
Replaced my front door speakers, new ones sound fantastic but now my automatic window will only go down, automatically, I have to hold the switch to roll it up. Oi!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I purchased an 8000 BTU portable air conditioner to use in the van, as well as foam and mesh materials to vent the heat through the passenger's window. Will run the AC off of my 300ah kilovault, I figure if I set it correctly the compressor itself should only run about 15 minutes total of every hour.

Applied ceramic coated tint to the driver's door, working well so far. Recently purchased enough for the passenger's side, will apply soon.

Recently finished the frame for a 21 gal water tank, tank sits above the driver's side rear wheel well, worked out beautifully so far.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Reactions: Travlin

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am buying them from the link below, I made the deal over email direct but you should be able to call them, $330 each. I went through panasonic USA corporate and after multiple referals they sent me to that company because they're on the east coast, which is what I inquired about. I live in northern VA and the company is in Secaucus, NJ, shipping would have been $300 so I'm driving there next tuesday to pickup.

https://www.alliedsolarproducts.com/panasonic/

·
Registered
156 Posts
Out with the old (Grape solar 180w 12v x2) and in with the new (Panasonic 335w 32v). That panasonic is fantastic from initial measurements, I watched it peak at 339w 62v yesterday in bright sun, 24a to the battery. I bought two and the plan was to install only one and test for a while, I was so impressed I went ahead and ordered longer rails for the roof so I can fit the second panel.

P.S. I have two 180w 12v Grape solar panels for sale in northern VA :D

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Purchased a new electric pressure washer and sprayed the van clean (cleaner than it was at least). Got a Greenworks 2700 psi if anyone is curious, works pretty well for electric, have not tried to power it from the van just yet (2k inverter).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts