Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Allowed 6 year old Grand Daughter to cut up a picture of my van. Received the second blackout curtain (one for cab and one for rear door), spent hours looking for solutions for cassette toilet rolling cart to increase seat height, and for rolling storage in the "garage".

• Haha
Reactions: gregoryx

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Bought more E Track and the folding step for the Grandkids arrived and was tried out by the six year old. She approves! All three of them are taking painting classes and want to decorate the interior of the van. Pulled out an old luggage cart from storage and it looks like a temporary solution for rolling the cassette toilet. It might work better for the fridge/freezer.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Reattached the sensor for the rain sensing wipers, using a new retaining clip that took a week to source. I've owned the van for 18 months, but because I live in California it took almost a year to realize the wipers didn't work, and another six months until I felt the urgency to fix them.

Added weather stripping along the driver and passenger doors, using the parts and methods I learned on here. Cabin seems quieter on the freeway.

Finally, a friend was configuring and testing a new label printer, so I made a request. Wanted to acknowledge the engineering excellence behind my custom red T.U.R.D.

View attachment 165714
Nicest T.U.R.D. I have ever seen. My smellivision also says it does not smell.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Ordered a BLUETTI Portable Power Station AC200P 2000W 2000Wh Solar Generator 700W PV Max...now looking for panels.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I intend to use extension cords for shore power out the rear door, refrigerator, fans, 6 way usb charger & TV, and lights. One cord for each application. No wiring just like we do with a backup generator. Use 300 watt portable solar panels. Charge at home before setting out. If more power is needed, the Bluetti can be hooked to a separate Bluetti battery.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I received my Bluetti and have now ordered a trolly as the 60 plus pounds is a pain in the rear to move without one. Since this meant to be dual purpose (van and home backup power), my plan is not to get hernia surgery.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Used the van for the last 5 weeks and did zero projects on it. It was awesome.
Wonderful. I bought a bunch of extension cords and surge protectors for my no "electrical" build. Still testing my Bluetti...tonight with a 43 " TV, Blue Ray Disk Player, Computer and Huge Monitor. So far I am pleased. Tomorrow I plan a large fridge test. I'm thinking about a second Bluetti for longer trips.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Ordered 3 18 volt 160 watt portable solar panels...less than $500 total! Eager to try them out wired in series. The Bluetti requires a minimum of 35 volts for solar charging, and these wired in series will give me 54 volts.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Portable solar panels arrived today and it is raining...hope Saturday is clear. They are much heavier than I expected, came very well packed and have excellent carrying cases.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts