Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Finished up my first project, passenger side swivel.

Only issue I ran into was the alignment of one of the holes, used a spreader clamp to align the holes and we were good to go.

Learned about never-ending trips to harbor freight and lowe's. Some times 3 in a day.

Next up is a VanTop mirror and measurements for window coverings.

Motor vehicle Mode of transport Vehicle door Car seat Car seat cover

·
Registered
318 Posts
Got the black wheels caps in, I like how it looks for $85.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle

Also started pulling out the headliner to setup the VanTop camera and to plan out window coverings and bed.

Mode of transport Black Automotive window part Ladder Trunk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Repositioned the vantop rear camera to about head height right in the middle of the rear windows. This made a major improvement in being able to see everything. Ran the wiring right along the inside of the door, through an existing plastic cover port, on the inside of the door and then through the existing rubber hose into the van.

Put up some killmat on half the panels and will finish that up tomorrow so we can start insulating. May also trace up the windows tomorrow. Another productive day :)

Rectangle Tints and shades Glass Space Snow
Hood Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Tints and shades Automotive tire

·
Registered
318 Posts
@ratherberiding that's awesome! My kids are young still, but I was thinking about improved options for long trips. The 2 seat split version is intriguing to me so that we could still get to the back (without shimmying around the slider area) and they can stretch out a bit. Maybe a slight adjustment of the rails backwards to give them more legroom. Thanks for sharing, going to keep it in mind for version 2 :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Tracing and taping and cutting and then all over again many times. I think this might be the best method for getting the right fit. I used a chisel tip dry erase marker and drew a thick line right outside of where the little black dots end on each glass surface. Tried a rotary cutter first, but found a box knife to be much better along with a straight edge.

Comfort Rectangle Textile Wood Grey
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Window
Rectangle Grey Road surface Tints and shades Asphalt

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've been mocking up the bed platform with furring strips and just about ready to order all the 8020. This is going to be a big step when the bed is complete and make trips that much easier.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Flooring, so glad I did it. Used the gfloor levant product that another member recommended. Shaped some foam blocks out of EPS insulation to fill the cavities in the garage for the old seat brackets.

White Automotive tire Hood Black Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Road surface Motor vehicle

·
Registered
318 Posts
Redid my 12V wiring to ensure that the MaxAir fan gets an actual 12V rather than 13.4 since folks on social are mentioning their fans dying due to this. Pretty salty that I've gotta do this on a fan that's supposed to be built for these situations but took the opportunity to create a dedicated 12V bus bar for any electronics that absolutely want a limited 12V source.
What are you using for the dedicated circuit?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Took it on a long 3 week road trip up and down the California coast. 75 hours of driving, lots of surfing, family, friends and good food. I'm loving the versatility of this van.

·
Registered
318 Posts
This week has seen some progress.

• Test fit the 8020 rack for the first time.
  • Figured out how to best position the OVS 270 awning.
  • Made a plate for the RV plug and wired it.
  • Ran wire for the lighting.
  • Made loose plans for the plumbing.
  • Started ordering the plumbing gear
  • 30K Tune up, passed without issue which was great after buying used

Tonight we'll run the solar panel wiring and setup the roof glands.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks! It continues to work well. It's been super nice to finally have lights in there while working on things. Started the process of getting the bed back in today. Found out today my tires showed up 2 months early too :)

I will check out the new theme, looks great. I like that the tank levels are on the main page too. Am I reading the details right that I can control the pump on/off from the cerbo too using a relay? That's really cool. I was going to put a switch in, but if I can avoid that all the better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts