Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1922 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off this thread, I ran rear speaker wire down the driver A pillar to connect to head unit and speakers at some point in the future. I also ran a segment of 7-wire sprinkler control cable through the A pillar with short term thoughts of a on/off/door switch replacing the cargo light fuse (with fuse in line) mounted by the slider. And long term thoughts of controlling or powering other things in the cargo area.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I took mine in for warranty work. 2nd cracked exhaust manifold. :(
What!? This seems new to me. Had you noted the first? Have there been any other owners with this?

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's not what I did it's what someone else did. SOMEONE keyed my passenger door just below the window. It was only 7" long and not a deep scratch but did not make my day. Long cooling off period.

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ordered a new Passenger door Key Cylinder. Have to replace the one damaged by the thieves that broke into the van in December.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's not what I did it's what someone else did. SOMEONE keyed my passenger door just below the window. It was only 7" long and not a deep scratch but did not make my day. Long cooling off period.
Someone pryed to the passenger side key hole and damaged the lock. We now replaced it with no key access.

It's a shame that anyone wants to vandalize other's vechicle in public place

·
Registered
1,867 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Took ours to the upfitter last week. Adding three rows of Captain's chairs, 32" TV, small freezer/frig, overhead airplane style storage, flip down TV for fourth row Xbox players, 6 ton year A/C (second engine mounted compressor), and pure sine wave inverter.
I wanted an EL so could have a commode but she who must be obeyed didn't want another van as long as our Airstream Interstate was.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Someone pryed to the passenger side key hole and damaged the lock. We now replaced it with no key access.

It's a shame that anyone wants to vandalize other's vechicle in public place
Can you enlight me on your "no Key Access"?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Getting ready to mount the 36" 2 passenger seat in the 2017 T-250 DSD van. Using it with the quick release latches so I can take it out when doing my Mustang cars shows and loading up with canopies and tables along with merchandise. In the next few weeks, taking the Transit up to Portage, WI for Penda to fit the Vanguard Wall Liners and making the trim to match for both side and rear doors. Then they will try to come up with a design for the rear wheel liners for the 2015-17 single wheel rear axle Transit since Ford is not going to have them do it for the production vehicle. Ford is supposed to do a design change for the 2018 Transit model to have the rear wheel well liners available as a ordered option just like the front ones are now.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Made a mock-up of the front corner of my galley cabinet and built a foot operated switch for the sink water pump in it. It was much easier working on the bench than crawling on the floor. Now that the parts are made, I can easily transfer them into the galley cabinet when I stick it in the van.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
gutted the entire interior of my camper van a month after i mostly had finished it! (except for the walls floor and ceiling.) my exwife does not want to be an ex anymore so now i have to go from a single bed to a double bed. (oh well, a chance to improve on the original build, it is just that i had not expected these improvements for at least another year.)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
gutted the entire interior of my camper van a month after i mostly had finished it! (except for the walls floor and ceiling.) my exwife does not want to be an ex anymore so now i have to go from a single bed to a double bed. (oh well, a chance to improve on the original build, it is just that i had not expected these improvements for at least another year.)
Welcome to the re-do club... LOL..

1 - 20 of 1922 Posts