Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal is to expand the CCP to get and additional 60 amps for my 2020 Transit. I purchased the CCP expansion kit, intending to follow all the installation guidance provided on this forum. When I removed the seat, I couldn't see the infrastructure needed to install the kit. In fact, it looks totally different from all the images shared here. I'm including an image of what I'm seeing. What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
2020 introduced significant changes. You can't follow the same advice/instructions for prior years.

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
542 Posts
From the looks of that ccp2 should be pretty easy to add. The 4 pin connector that is plugged into the plastic doesn’t look like it’s doing anything and it’s just put there as a place holder. My guess is that that’s for the CCP2 relay. The relay then it bolts to the stud on the buss bar to the left. You would probably have to configure it using forscan.
This is all me guessing but I have done a few OEM option upgrades and seeing those wires usually means it possible.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I don't have a 2020, but it sure looks like there's some confusion between 2020 and prior years going on here already. CCP2 in 2020+ is a managed/switched 175A source. Prior to that each CCP was up to 60A and directly connected to VBATT.

I suspect the OP has purchased one of the 60A fuse and terminal kits for earlier models, not directly compatible (as far as we know so far) with the newer arrangement.

Though I was under the impression that with 2020+ years that both the 60A CCP1 and 175A CCP2 were standard equipment. Is this not so?

Reactions: gregoryx

·
Registered
542 Posts
People have been saying every 2020 van has CCP2 but the BEMM says differently. It looks like this original poster doesn’t have CCP2. Here is also an image of what it would look like with the CCP2 relay(part number 3)

Also here is another thread of someone that didn’t have CCP2 and it looks like nobody has found the part number for this yet
Adding CCP2 to 2020 Transit kit number

·
Registered
542 Posts
Also @jrneale if you pull out that 4 pin connector you will see that it is probably not connected to anything, that will be for the bcm to control this 175 amp relay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts