Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My current 2020 Transit is my first and last Ford vehicle. I just spent some time on this forum and found this van has so many issues for many years and Ford never think about to resolve the issues, for example, the rain water goes on wire hub connector. Why do you still think about getting another Transit?! When Ford gets less sales they may think about to improve their products!

Just got mine less than 2 weeks. It parks on my driveway waits for the racks/shelving to arrive. Less than 100miles. Two days ago we have a night rain. The next morning I checked the under hood parts since I knew it has water leaking problem on electrical wire connector. Surprisingly Ford didn't resolve the problem. Rain water is all over the wire connector. The water got on the wire connector mainly from the hole at the base of windshield wiper post! There is no a rubber grommet to prevent water entering the hood! What a crappy company! Here is my video

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
My current 2020 Transit is my first and last Ford vehicle. I just spent some time on this forum and found this van has so many issues for many years and Ford never think about to resolve the issues, for example, the rain water goes on wire hub connector. Why do you still think about getting another Transit?!
Because of the three available options, it's the most cost effective for ownership. Warts and all. And nearly all the warts, like the water into the engine compartment, are simple, easy, and cheap/free to fix yourself. I wrapped my harness with a plastic bag 4 years ago in about 30 seconds, still working great.

Remember, this is a light duty commercial truck, not a passenger car or SUV. It's rough around the edges because it's cheap.

Reactions: MyACDoctor

·
Registered
16 Posts
Because of the three available options, it's the most cost effective for ownership. Warts and all. And nearly all the warts, like the water into the engine compartment, are simple, easy, and cheap/free to fix yourself. I wrapped my harness with a plastic bag 4 years ago in about 30 seconds, still working great.

Remember, this is a light duty commercial truck, not a passenger car or SUV. It's rough around the edges because it's cheap.
In Louisiana we have lots of rain so water leaking is my main concerns. Fixing problem by owners is not a good strategy for a responsible company.

Originally I was planning to buy a Nissan NV1500, but changed my mind later due to poor fuel economy. I actually got a better deal for a 2021 NV2500 than my current 2020 Transit 250. I should had spent some time on this forum to check problems on this Van.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
:LOL:

·
Super Moderator
3,317 Posts
-As a wagon user, it would be nice to have some Platinum level features like what they put in the Expedition XL.
-A separate rear AC control would be nice too, it is annoying to tell the driver when you need more or less air.
- while they're at it, a quieter rear blower would be great!
-Upgraded sound deadening efforts
-dual power sliders
-Appearance package that looks less like a plain rental van

Just for fun: a candy vending machine that you don't have to put money in.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
As someone that lives in a disaster prone area, this two options are very appealing.
I also live where power is shut off to prevent forest fires and use the van to power our home refrigerator and freezer.

I drive the Transit to the back door and run an extension cord from van to the refrigerator and freezer location. Power them from the van house electrical system. When I deplete the van house battery enough the inverter shuts off. I have two 1000 watt inverters. When I use up the house system battery I then run the Transit engine which powers my vehicle powered 1000 watt inverter that charges the house battery.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Adjustable back seats in the Wagon. Mounted on L track or similar. Although, that would mess up the cup holder situation...........

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
2,122 Posts
I have been a car snob for a long time with a series of Audis, Porsche SUVs, etc. This is only the second Ford and the first one in 20 years. I am really impressed with the ride, reliability and handling for the big beast it is.
Same here. I'm stunned at how easy it is to drive quickly down twisty mountain roads. I've had cars that were harder to drive than this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My current 2020 Transit is my first and last Ford vehicle. I just spent some time on this forum and found this van has so many issues for many years and Ford never think about to resolve the issues, for example, the rain water goes on wire hub connector. Why do you still think about getting another Transit?! When Ford gets less sales they may think about to improve their products!

Just got mine less than 2 weeks. It parks on my driveway waits for the racks/shelving to arrive. Less than 100miles. Two days ago we have a night rain. The next morning I checked the under hood parts since I knew it has water leaking problem on electrical wire connector. Surprisingly Ford didn't resolve the problem. Rain water is all over the wire connector. The water got on the wire connector mainly from the hole at the base of windshield wiper post! There is no a rubber grommet to prevent water entering the hood! What a crappy company! Here is my video
That seems like a quality control issue. I am going to check mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
89 Posts

So I checked today and mine is the same. I don't think they forgot to install the seal. The other arm (passenger) seems similar. There is a ridge but there is also a gap there too.

It was raining here before I opened the hood and there was indeed water on the wire, but on my other locations too. I don't think it's a big problem. I will probably cover the wires at some point just in case.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts