Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What possible 2022 options would inspire you to consider trading in your current Transit?
For me, it is the 2000 watt inverter and 360 degree dashcams.

·
Registered
426 Posts
the hybrid powertrain AND on board 7200w generator from the F150, that would be sweet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Reactions: surfgeezer

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
I gotta pile-on with onetwo's choice. That's about the only thing that would make me want to trade in my perfectly good van for a new one. As long as it's not a high $$$ option.
The ecoboost is $1500 more, I would get the hybrid/powerplant version for $3k more than base engine.
Most of the other stuff mentioned can easily be added with superior aftermarket parts and equipment. Just bolt-on gadgetry.
Body, chassis, and drivetrain are the things that really matter, because they are the most expensive and problematic to change, if you even can.

Reactions: surfgeezer

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
V12 and 40" tires. With big emblems that can be read from across the street proclaiming it has a V12 and 40" tires.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Oh, I know! The spare tire should also be connected to the differential so it can be 4x5, that's one better than a 4x4. I also get knobs for my guitar amps that go to 11. That's one more than the puny 10 on other amps.

Reactions: njvagabond

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
2,089 Posts
Toyota reliability.
Heck, I'd be happy if Ford adopted 20 year old Toyota standard features. My old 4Runner has one touch up/down for both front doors, memory seats for cars with more than one driver, seats that are long enough for tall people to not feel like they are sitting on the edge, a rear wiper/washer that works.....

·
Registered
556 Posts
Heck, I'd be happy if Ford adopted 20 year old Toyota standard features. My old 4Runner has one touch up/down for both front doors, memory seats for cars with more than one driver, seats that are long enough for tall people to not feel like they are sitting on the edge, a rear wiper/washer that works.....
I saw a post where they eliminated lighting on the gearshift indicator. Are the window switches lighted?
On the plus side, I am thrilled to have a full size spare. Last car I had with one was my 1978 Civic Wagon.
I can't imagine having a car without a spare which seem to be quite common. Yea, I remember when ...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Oh, I know! The spare tire should also be connected to the differential so it can be 4x5, that's one better than a 4x4. I also get knobs for my guitar amps that go to 11. That's one more than the puny 10 on other amps.
View attachment 145345
I know you are an expert on Death Valley, but was wondering if you have any tips on Stonehenge?
No, I don't want to play drums in your band!

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
146 Posts
What possible 2022 options would inspire you to consider trading in your current Transit?
For me, it is the 2000 watt inverter and 360 degree dashcams.
We have the 360 camera on our work truck. Ince you get through playing, it's largely useless. The vantop rearview camera/front camera/DVR is significantly more helpful and costs $70-120.

You can get a 2000w pure sine wave inverter for less than $500 easy. I picked up a Wagan 1500 psw for $250. It'll do 2000w for 15 mins no problem. Whatever Ford puts in probably won't be pure sine wave, and they'll probably charge $800.

I would like real 4wd with lockers from the factory. AWD is fine for on road use, but going off road requires lockers. Like Quigley.

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
146 Posts
Heated mirrors with turn signals should be standard on any van without windows. Or even the ones with windows.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts