Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Webasto Multicontroller harness extension

1140 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Furload Pilot
I'm looking to route the cabling to my Webasto 2000STC Multicontrol HD to an location where the included wiring harness can't reach. I am considering snipping the cabling just before the controller connection and splicing in four (4) longer wires to run the distance. So far as I can tell, the wires running to the device in the pigtail labelled "Telestart" aren't anything fancy and could be easily extended with some 16AWG stranded copper wire.
Does anybody have experience with this particular mod or see any reason why I shouldn't proceed?

Thanks!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
My hesitation on cutting and splicing would be that it will void any sort of warranty from Webasto. Webasto does sell harness extensions. Looks like the one you'd need is 9031988A, which is 3m and you should be able to pick up for around $40 shipped on eBay or ButlerTechnik. Might cost a bit more than whatever 16AWG wire you were thinking to use, but might be worth it just for piece of mind knowing it was done the "right" way and all the connections are sound.
If you're confident in your soldering skills and don't care about a warranty, then I'd say have at the splicing!

I'm looking to route the cabling to my Webasto 2000STC Multicontrol HD to an location where the included wiring harness can't reach. I am considering snipping the cabling just before the controller connection and splicing in four (4) longer wires to run the distance. So far as I can tell, the wires running to the device in the pigtail labelled "Telestart" aren't anything fancy and could be easily extended with some 16AWG stranded copper wire.
Does anybody have experience with this particular mod or see any reason why I shouldn't proceed?

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.