Ford Transit USA Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
That is one of the most unfortunate speech to text translations I have seen.

The Ford software is called IDS - integrated diagnostic system or something like that. I would be shocked if your coil packs caused fuel to get in the oil. One thing I saw in passing would be a leaking high pressure fuel pump, would also surprise me. If it was ignition related so that it was burning the fuel mixture, I would expect to see misfires.

I do have plenty of soot in the tailpipe. My oil has a little less than 1000 miles on it and maybe smells a tiny bit but it's not a distinct gasoline smell.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well, sorry but we had to have a little fun at your expense.. Unfortunately for me, you’ll probably have plenty of opportunity to “get me back.”

Yeah, it’s been a mystery. I’ll take it in to an Independent and see what their diagnostic service says. Too bad I don’t trust the dealer, since the engine is still under warranty. I gave dealer a chance, offered to pay them for a diagnostic event, but they basically refused: No check engine light, so must not be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
WOW!! I have had my 148MR Eco for 4 Months. Have put 11,000 on her. I bought the 100,000 BTB warranty extension. I use it for business, so i financed it and pay it, so it'll be paid off in 42 Month. Looks like i will probably replace her before the warranty runs out. I'm an old gear head form the 60/70's, but there is NO WAY I'm gonna attempt this. I had a E350 with a 7.3 I did everything on. So I'm ok with wrenching, but not at this level. And, I have to get in it every morning and it HAS to run. If it doesn't, it's gotta go.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Meh. It's not that bad. Just stash away an extra $5000 and pay a good shop to do it. I feel pretty confident I have another 100k of easy life with it now that I went through this. That's less than the expense of buying and kitting a new or newer vehicle.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts