Ford Transit USA Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered- 2022 awd MR T350 pass (x9c) XLT
9 Posts
Did you still get an x9y just moved the trim from XT to XLT? What kind of options were concerning to you? It is ABSOLUTLY the thing to do. Not one thing you didn't want and everything you did. The only way to fly.
I thought going with the XL I would not get the chrome grill surround and I had selected the black wheels with exposed lugs also because I just don't care for the chrome. I still wanted options like power heated seats for driver and front pass, and tech like adaptive cruise and cameras and stuff, so that's what I ordered. Then I joined the forum read a bunch of stuff and realized all the reasons for going XL were getting superceded by my options and I didn't realize that the seats in the rear were all rigid. Probably not even a big deal but perception is everything and if I found myself as a passenger without the option to recline, I would be disappointed- so I switched to the XLT - realized the Livery package had a lot of the stuff I had optioned for the XL ( dual batts, aux switches....)- added the tow stuff and a fancy sync 4 and had everything I wanted for just a little more.... done and done and I'll deal with he chrome bits till I decide to do something about it (on the last car the chrome lasted about 3 weeks) and yes same x9y body code.

·
Registered
ordered 9-27-21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z order confirmed 10-8-21
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I thought going with the XL I would not get the chrome grill surround and I had selected the black wheels with exposed lugs also because I just don't care for the chrome. I still wanted options like power heated seats for driver and front pass, and tech like adaptive cruise and cameras and stuff, so that's what I ordered. Then I joined the forum read a bunch of stuff and realized all the reasons for going XL were getting superceded by my options and I didn't realize that the seats in the rear were all rigid. Probably not even a big deal but perception is everything and if I found myself as a passenger without the option to recline, I would be disappointed- so I switched to the XLT - realized the Livery package had a lot of the stuff I had optioned for the XL ( dual batts, aux switches....)- added the tow stuff and a fancy sync 4 and had everything I wanted for just a little more.... done and done and I'll deal with he chrome bits till I decide to do something about it (on the last car the chrome lasted about 3 weeks) and yes same x9y body code.
You know an X9Y is low roof X9C is a medium roof. In one post you stated an AWD M/R 148 T-350 xl . In another I thought you Stated X9Y. You might want to check your preview. I've made similar mis-steps.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
So after realizing that I wasn't going to get what I thought I wanted out the the XL, that I had a confirmed COVP order in, I went to my dealer and asked if I could redo it. They were like- you bet, let's get what you want. Super accommodating and easy to make the changes -( I don't know if they changed it or actually just put in a new order)

Thank you Middlekauff Ford- these guys are great!

So now I have an order for the XLT MR LONG 15 PASS AWD ECOBOOST w/livery pack and some other stuff- super excited. 👌
Better get a revised preview order with the final order you are wanting. This will be sure they corrected your order so it doesn't arrive as a XL passenger van.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
The XLT package GETS the Chrome Surround grille as that is part of the Exterior Upgrade package that comes with the XLT package. Guess you or your dealer not up to knowing about it.

·
Registered
Ordered- 2022 awd MR T350 pass (x9c) XLT
9 Posts
The dealer knows about the chrome- when it comes down to it as far as I can tell - the only difference between the XL and the XLT that can't be overcome with addons and options is the rigid vs reclining rear seats w/some arm rests (and leather....) and the appearance package. Since I was effectively getting the "appearance" with XL plus options - I decided it would be better to switch to the XLT.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I was going to rant a bit about why people don't just paint the evil 'chrome grill surround' black and move on, but deleted most of it.

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
243 Posts
I was going to rant a bit about why people don't just paint the evil 'chrome grill surround' black and move on, but deleted most of it.
Yeah, you were pretty quick about. This was a MY21 only issue. There were about zero transits to see when ordering, so everyone relied on the Ford Order Guide. For $55,000 some of us want what was offered, not black plastic lug covers and Chrome on an otherwise all black trimmed vehicle. I need to paint my brand new van with a spray can because it didn't come as offered? Rant away.

It's all over now. 2022 guide is corrected.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yeah, you were pretty quick about. This was a MY21 only issue. There were about zero transits to see when ordering, so everyone relied on the Ford Order Guide. For $55,000 some of us want what was offered, not black plastic lug covers and Chrome on an otherwise all black trimmed vehicle. I need to paint my brand new van with a spray can because it didn't come as offered? Rant away.

It's all over now. 2022 guide is corrected.
I agree it is/was a silly move on Ford's part, but having worked around a million silly Ford decisions all of the vans I've had that one didn't raise my blood pressure at all. I do understand what you mean for the price of admission. IMO all chrome (I call it plastichrome) trim should be outlawed forever. It may come back someday but for now it's dead.

Now about those silly exposed lugs on the AWD Transits.......

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to this thread for those with questions about your 2022model year order.

"Seems to be quite a few threads with ordered vehicle information. I'm thinking it might be helpful to have info in one place for order status updates as we get into this next production run of transits. Body code, order date and build date would help me. If it's a description then weight, height, length and cargo, crew or passenger?
Some have this in their signature, others don't." In honor of Sams Stock Van
UPDATE: 10/16 Heard from my sales person on 10/14, he assured me our order preview order was entered into the system, along with our email. He didn't find any info regarding our order being scanned in. Waiting more.

Hi All, we placed our preview order (COVP) on 9/14/21 for a Cargo Van R2X. Thats a 148" long HR, T250 AWD, EB, Avalanche Gray. EDIT: HD trailer tow pk, trailer brake controller, other stuff...
So far there's been no confirmation of order email from Ford. This morning I sent an email to our sales person asking for updates. Back to waiting...

·
Registered
2021 Extended HR AWD
18 Posts
Ordered a MY22 Cargo Van W3U AWD HR T350, EL, Carbonized Gray from Ed (CrewVanMan) from Gary Crossley Ford and already received a confirmation email from Ford that they have received the order! Way better experience than what I received from my local Ford dealer... The only downside is that the pricing is now higher since I now had to order a MY22, but on a more positive note, I was able to change what I had originally ordered in 21 after going to the Adventure Van Expo and talking to some people that had built out a Transit. Now we start the waiting process all over again...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered a MY22 Cargo Van W3U AWD HR T350, EL, Carbonized Gray from Ed (CrewVanMan) from Gary Crossley Ford and already received a confirmation email from Ford that they have received the order! Way better experience than what I received from my local Ford dealer... The only downside is that the pricing is now higher since I now had to order a MY22, but on a more positive note, I was able to change what I had originally ordered in 21 after going to the Adventure Van Expo and talking to some people that had built out a Transit. Now we start the waiting process all over again...
I am curious as to what you decided to change after the expo.

·
Registered
2021 Extended HR AWD
18 Posts
I am curious as to what you decided to change after the expo.
Originally we were purchasing a U8U which is a dually, but after talking to several upfitters, it made more sense to go with single wheels and then upgrade the tires (and maybe the rims) to something better able to handle gravel roads. Also, makes it possible to rotate the tires and to replace any tire with the spare in the event of a flat. And it is less expensive to replace the tires as there are less of them... We were also able to validate that we wanted the extended length version as we are planning a full time build (this was not a change) The only other changes were options now available on the MY22, like the Aux Fuel Port Extension (which comes with the extended range fuel tank), HID headlights, Sync 4 radio, and Passive Entry/Start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally we were purchasing a U8U which is a dually, but after talking to several upfitters, it made more sense to go with single wheels and then upgrade the tires (and maybe the rims) to something better able to handle gravel roads. Also, makes it possible to rotate the tires and to replace any tire with the spare in the event of a flat. And it is less expensive to replace the tires as there are less of them... We were also able to validate that we wanted the extended length version as we are planning a full time build (this was not a change) The only other changes were options now available on the MY22, like the Aux Fuel Port Extension (which comes with the extended range fuel tank), HID headlights, Sync 4 radio, and Passive Entry/Start.
Makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
Order 10/4/21 - W3U T350 AWD - Avalanche Gray from Keith @ Pittsville
35 Posts
Very similar builds, except I opted out of Passive Entry (41J - Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start).
Now I'm second-guessing my decision, but I already received my order confirmation so I'll probably just leave it as it is...

Anyone else still buying new cars in 2021/2022 with a keyed ignition over push-button start?! lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very similar builds, except I opted out of Passive Entry (41J - Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start).
Now I'm second-guessing my decision, but I already received my order confirmation so I'll probably just leave it as it is...

Anyone else still buying new cars in 2021/2022 with a keyed ignition over push-button start?! lol
I have to say, we have a 2016 Honda Odyssey with the passive entry and push button, and it’s my favorite feature. I didn’t realize how much I use it until we rented a car that didn’t have it, and I actually had to dig around to find the key 😂

·
Registered
155 Posts
MY21 R2X ordered in february 21, its cancelled. so I redid a MY22 R2X order with basically the same build as MY21, i added the HID headlights and 58E sync4 (which includes the 60C cruise i had on MY21) and switched color from abyss to avalanche

I pretty much have zero confidence in my dealer that he can deliver it this year as well (took them 8 months to deliver the MY20 R2X which i may regret selling). I keep asking him about COVP and the entire dealership dont know anything about it and is trying to find out, so they say (maybe its not for Canada market-any one know?). i hope im not reliant on the archaic allocation system once again

·
Registered
Order 10/4/21 - W3U T350 AWD - Avalanche Gray from Keith @ Pittsville
35 Posts
I have to say, we have a 2016 Honda Odyssey with the passive entry and push button, and it’s my favorite feature. I didn’t realize how much I use it until we rented a car that didn’t have it, and I actually had to dig around to find the key 😂
After much debate (internally) I've just called and added 41J to my order for push-button start... Hopefully, that doesn't push me down the list, but at this point no one is getting build dates for MY22 so it should be fine? Oh well, either way, now I'm feeling good about my order!

·
Registered
48 Posts
April is probably the soonest which is okay by me. I can't put the fan or windows in until it warms up anyhow. Once I get a VIN i'll take the next steps for financing and insurance.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts