Ford Transit USA Forum banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Order 10/4/21 - W3U T350 AWD - Avalanche Gray from Keith @ Pittsville
35 Posts
After a sh**show 2021 dealer experience, I almost cannot contain my excitement with getting the confirmation email from Ford after placing my order earlier this week with the Gary Crossley Ford team. No clue when I'll see this van, but a completely different experience from my failed 2021MY attempt. Just simple things like some communication directly from Ford (which I never saw in 2021) rather than relying on a fairly out of touch sales guy, provides a great deal of comfort knowing that someone out there knows about my order and it really is in an actual Ford system somewhere.

My email looked similar to the one posted by RxTransit above, not sure of the technical difference between this and the COVP system, but I will say getting this feels like real progress after a terrible 2021 experience.

Fingers crossed as the wait begins (ok, really continues)...
It's reassuring to know there are others in similar positions!
We shall wait together, and I will check back here often to see if any of you have made progress without me lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
I received the same email -- I ordered through Ed and Crossley Ford.

I'm hopeful that if Crossley, (and if that reputation carried over from Matt Ford), had that massive allocation as of a month ago (compared to podunk dealerships), that they'll get a commensurate amount of the weekly production if somehow these "Retail" sales are different than what was built in to allocations.

I certainly wouldn't think Ford would penalize a dealer like Crossley that can do the volume they do.

·
Registered
R2V 2022 T250 Crew HR 148" AWD | Adventure Prep | Race Red
8 Posts
I got my email today too! 🤞🤞

Reactions: Burton M

·
Registered
Order 10/4/21 - W3U T350 AWD - Avalanche Gray from Keith @ Pittsville
35 Posts
just got an confirmation email-10 mins ago. anyone know the estimate build time ?
I think no one knows, that's why posts like this exist. Anyone who says for certain is likely speculating 🤷‍♂️
I'm hoping for 364 days from now since I just received my confirmation this afternoon as well. If we get it any sooner, that would be a nice surprise! If we have to wait any longer than a year... Well, we'll likely just cancel and push a 2023 order haha

·
Registered
ordered 9-27-21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z order confirmed 10-8-21
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
As with some others today. I got a confirmation of order with Gary Crossley Ford. 10-8-21 confirmation.
Rectangle Font Circle Brand Event

Also heard a rumor that Maybe customer orders be after demo orders before stock orders. NO 2022my Gas have been scheduled Yet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I think no one knows, that's why posts like this exist. Anyone who says for certain is likely speculating 🤷‍♂️
I'm hoping for 364 days from now since I just received my confirmation this afternoon as well. If we get it any sooner, that would be a nice surprise! If we have to wait any longer than a year... Well, we'll likely just cancel and push a 2023 order haha
ABSOLUTLY 100% CORRECT Ford has been scanning orders for a week and NO 2022my gas Transits are scheduled. Somebody asked about production date. Well Over the last many months it has been that schedule activities precede production dates by 10-12 weeks for selected orders. Example you put in an order, Once a week schedulers scan orders in the system to build a production schedule. Your Order may not be picked for production for all kinds of reasons. So it may be you could be picked for Job 1 or you might be bypassed for 9 months. It depends on what body types are being built and parts availability. THE GOOD take away from today is orders were confirmed. Some were the "old allocation" system and some were the "New CVOP" system . So If you got a confirmation relax and enjoy, for now anyway, because no 2022my gas are going to be on the line until at least February.

·
Registered
…soon
33 Posts
Also heard a rumor that Maybe customer orders be after demo orders before stock orders. NO 2022my Gas have been scheduled Yet.
[/QUOTE]

THIS day will be epic!!! Can’t wait…well guess I HAVE to, but you know.
Font Electric blue Circle Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I have placed 24 orders into the order bank so looks like Ford is getting those lined up for production. Again today they were scanning Ford Transit orders but not pulling anything.

Ford's current problem is storing F-150s & Transits around the area waiting for certain electronic parts to be available so they can ship them. Our advantage is we are 3 miles from the assembly plant and 6 miles from the holding lot so they like it when we can come get them and save those extra storage spots. I am sure they will like it in a few weeks when our last 32 HR Transits are built and we come get them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
got it. hope I don't get a 2023 model . lol
my doggy is ready for a road trip.
My Doggies is too. Yours is pretty nice lookin . Has that inquisitive look on his face. Like "where is the beef"

·
Registered
Ordered- 2022 awd MR T350 pass (x9c) XLT
9 Posts
So after realizing that I wasn't going to get what I thought I wanted out the the XL, that I had a confirmed COVP order in, I went to my dealer and asked if I could redo it. They were like- you bet, let's get what you want. Super accommodating and easy to make the changes -( I don't know if they changed it or actually just put in a new order)

Thank you Middlekauff Ford- these guys are great!

So now I have an order for the XLT MR LONG 15 PASS AWD ECOBOOST w/livery pack and some other stuff- super excited. 👌

·
Registered
R2V 2022 T250 Crew HR 148" AWD | Adventure Prep | Race Red
8 Posts
So after realizing that I wasn't going to get what I thought I wanted out the the XL, that I had a confirmed COVP order in, I went to my dealer and asked if I could redo it. They were like- you bet, let's get what you want. Super accommodating and easy to make the changes -( I don't know if they changed it or actually just put in a new order)
Do you know if your order changes priority? I already got confirmation from Ford about my order, but I also want to make a few changes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I honestly don't know. But after reading all the posts from CVM about scheduling and stuff, I can't see how it will change too much. Seeing as how gassers won't see any production till Jan, maybe Feb... orders are getting scanned in- and schedules are being made, but my order is still the same body # so chances are it can still go on the same run.... maybe..
Or, it set me back 3 months- oh well, it will be worth it if I am not living with something that I wished I had changed....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Scheduling has not assigned any VIN's yet so you may change any thing you want right up until they do. Your dealer will just log in on your preview order and change away . They should not create a new order for you (2022 to 2022). I would suggest you get the new (Latest in the system) preview order to the one you should have and a new customer contract (whatever your dealer calls it) with the new agreed pricing and details. At this point you should also have a dealer assigned customer order number. That identifies you to Ford (along with the dealer ID) until they assign a VIN.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Scheduling has not assigned any VIN's yet so you may change any thing you want right up until they do. Your dealer will just log in on your preview order and change away . They should not create a new order for you (2022 to 2022). I would suggest you get the new (Latest in the system) preview order to the one you should have and a new customer contract (whatever your dealer calls it) with the new agreed pricing and details. At this point you should also have a dealer assigned customer order number. That identifies you to Ford (along with the dealer ID) until they assign a VIN.
Yep- that sounds like what we did - I signed a new contract this afternoon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Yep- that sounds like what we did - I signed a new contract this afternoon.
Did you still get an x9y just moved the trim from XT to XLT? What kind of options were concerning to you? It is ABSOLUTLY the thing to do. Not one thing you didn't want and everything you did. The only way to fly.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts