Ford Transit USA Forum banner
41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
244 Posts
Maybe under the covp process for 2022 the body code won't matter. For '21, if you didn't pay attention to body codes your only clue about your order had to come from your dealer. We all know how well that worked out for some.

Only a few members had a W2X order. I found them by starting this type of thread. I had insight to my build by following their progess. Geek maybe, just not willing to rely on one dealership as the sole source of info.

·
Registered
ordered 9-27-21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z order confirmed 10-8-21
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Maybe under the covp process for 2022 the body code won't matter. For '21, if you didn't pay attention to body codes your only clue about your order had to come from your dealer. We all know how well that worked out for some.

Only a few members had a W2X order. I found them by starting this type of thread. I had insight to my build by following their progess. Geek maybe, just not willing to rely one dealership as the sole source of info.
I don't care what it's called, what you did made sense and helped a lot of folks. I for one was/is grateful to find the thread and figure out what was happening with orders. Trying to understand what's happening to a process that is changing while in use, is a very stressful experience. The act of using body codes as a marker allowed folks to find another person with like vehicle was helpful. Thanks again .

·
Registered
…soon
33 Posts
Am I understanding this correctly…that the only way to track an order through the COVP is with an assigned vin? So nothing until that point, aside from pestering your dealer?

·
Registered
Ordered- 2022 awd MR T350 pass (x9c) XLT
9 Posts
Ordered yesterday- X9C MR Pass AWD XL- I went with the XL for the non-chromed grill. But, looking around, others reported that when ordered with the fancy cameras, the grill came in chrome anyway. Guess that will be a surprise.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@Dixonsf The grill is 95% black with a chrome surround at the edge with the camera systems. It was mistake in MY21 but the MY 22 Guide clearly says you get the chrome trim ring so there's that....

·
Registered
Ordered- 2022 awd MR T350 pass (x9c) XLT
9 Posts
@Dixonsf The grill is 95% black with a chrome surround at the edge with the camera systems. It was mistake in MY21 but the MY 22 Guide clearly says you get the chrome trim ring so there's that....
Very well then - I won't be surprised, just prepared.. I am fully expecting this to take a year, so I'll have plenty of time to work on my vinyl technique for a chrome delete....
Still pretty obscure if you don't have access to the MY22. That's on me I know - I'm sure I could have figured it out better had I worked with Ed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for my confusion.... Is the email reply @codyutah got in Post #11 a "regular" order confirmation or a COVP order confirmation? How do I know if my order is using COVP or not? Thanks!

·
Registered
R2V 2022 T250 Crew HR 148" AWD | Adventure Prep | Race Red
8 Posts
Sorry for my confusion.... Is the email reply @codyutah got in Post #11 a "regular" order confirmation or a COVP order confirmation? How do I know if my order is using COVP or not? Thanks!
This is my confirmation from the COVP, for reference.
Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered W2V on 9/14, received confirm email direct from Ford same day. Purportedly from dealer it is a COVP order.
Crew - Ecoboost, AWD, HR, Long, Adv Package, most all options.
Except: HD Floor, Enhanced parking assist, rear HVAC.

Fingers Crossed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I placed an order on Sept. 30 with my local dealer. R2D (crew, medium roof, 148", adventure prep package). My order was placed as a "retail order" and after I inquired about the COVP system, I was told "yeah your order went through that system"....I didn't get the feeling that was 100% accurate. I have NOT received confirmation from the COVP ....

Is it possible to still place retail orders through the traditional allocation system or are all retail orders COVP orders? Definitely would like to clarify this so that I can increase the possibility of receiving the van as soon as possible...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put my order in 30 July but I missed the cutoff for a 2021 model. I have the email confirmation from the dealer 15Sep2021. Getting anxious with news of production news at the plant. Guess I should be happy if I have it before next summer.

T-350 XLT midroof long wheelbase with AWD. X9C I think but could be wrong. Either way I'm waiting and it sucks but there isn't much else I can do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I placed an order on Sept. 30 with my local dealer. R2D (crew, medium roof, 148", adventure prep package). My order was placed as a "retail order" and after I inquired about the COVP system, I was told "yeah your order went through that system"....I didn't get the feeling that was 100% accurate. I have NOT received confirmation from the COVP ....

Is it possible to still place retail orders through the traditional allocation system or are all retail orders COVP orders? Definitely would like to clarify this so that I can increase the possibility of receiving the van as soon as possible...
I received an email confirmation for my order today. This confirmation does not include any verbiage about COVP, as others have documented. My confirmation looks like the typical confirmation that others have posted from previous years. Assuming my order was not placed in the COVP system...
Font Screenshot Eyelash Rectangle Number

·
Registered
10 Posts
After a sh**show 2021 dealer experience, I almost cannot contain my excitement with getting the confirmation email from Ford after placing my order earlier this week with the Gary Crossley Ford team. No clue when I'll see this van, but a completely different experience from my failed 2021MY attempt. Just simple things like some communication directly from Ford (which I never saw in 2021) rather than relying on a fairly out of touch sales guy, provides a great deal of comfort knowing that someone out there knows about my order and it really is in an actual Ford system somewhere.

My email looked similar to the one posted by RxTransit above, not sure of the technical difference between this and the COVP system, but I will say getting this feels like real progress after a terrible 2021 experience.

Fingers crossed as the wait begins (ok, really continues)...

·
Registered
Order 10/4/21 - W3U T350 AWD - Avalanche Gray from Keith @ Pittsville
35 Posts
I received an email confirmation for my order today. This confirmation does not include any verbiage about COVP, as others have documented. My confirmation looks like the typical confirmation that others have posted from previous years. Assuming my order was not placed in the COVP system...
View attachment 160774
I received the exact same email as you here, after my dealer "confirmed and reassured" that I was in the COVP... Now I don't know what to think. Either the dealer is confused (I don't see why they wouldn't put me in COVP on purpose - if anything it's just a misunderstanding), or I am actually in the COVP and this is just the default email now?

For reference, I ordered our van on October 4th in Maryland.

If in fact we are not in the COVP, is there any downside to it other than just having less information provided to us during the build process? Our emails still sound like they will be contacting us about the production schedule and build dates...

41 - 60 of 118 Posts