Ford Transit USA Forum banner
541 - 560 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
331 Posts
Last time plea in this years thread for folks to add some vehicle details to their signature. When someone posts good news it important to know what they ordered. Scrolling thru 27 pages trying to find someone's attached order sheet gets old.

It will help you in the future, and others now. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Many of us are stressed over the timing of builds, but fretting and speculating about causes (when we are so removed from the assembly line) is a fool’s game. We would need the complete build data on hundreds of vehicles to even hope for a statistically significant sampling. We also do not know that delays are linked to chosen options (e.g. power sliding doors) or with pieces which bridge multiple accessories (grommets, wire, mastic, etc.). To cloud the water even further, we do not know how or if any shortages shift from moment to moment. For that matter we do not know the extent that labor/covid/gonvernmental policy may be inserting uncertainty into Ford’s best laid plans. I have now been waiting 3 months since I placed my order and am not surprised by the time this is taking. I suggest that we be patient and allow the gears of the great industrial machine to rotate. Last-minute order modifications based on hearsay, speculation, or analysis of an incomplete data set are just as likely to delay any given order, as it is to help. I suggest we “chill”.

·
Registered
Order 10/4/21 - W3U T350 AWD - Avalanche Gray from Keith @ Pittsville
92 Posts
Last time plea in this years thread for folks to add some vehicle details to their signature. When someone posts good news it important to know what they ordered. Scrolling thru 27 pages trying to find someone's attached order sheet gets old.

It will help you in the future, and others now. Thanks.
For those not knowing how or where to go for this, Click your account icon/picture on the top right of the window. Go to Account Settings, then go to Signature.
Type in your details and click save.

For a while, I just had it under my About >> Vehicle Details section, but I think the signature looks better - provides more detail.

See my post here. Vehicle Details section displays on the left under my User Name <<
Signature section displays just below this line here...

·
Registered
2021 W2X T350 148" High Roof, EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey, 11/20 order 8/21 delivery
331 Posts
For those not knowing how or where to go for this, Click your account icon/picture on the top right of the window. Go to Account Settings, then go to Signature.

For a while, I just had it under my About >> Vehicle Details section, but I think the signature looks better - provides more detail.

See my post here. Vehicle Details section displays on the left under my User Name <<
Thanks for this. I've posted it before but was lazy this time.

The level of detail needed is not option level. The single best indicator is body code. CVM posts his vehicle status by body code. Ford runs production by body code grouping, and packages. Yes, options and other things may cause delay for some, but knowing that your body code is LIKELY to move with others is tangible info. Having waited last year for nine months with zero dealer OR Ford email update, several of us stayed somewhat sane this way (with a few venting rants thrown in). I understand you're pain.

An example of helpful level of detail is in my name header. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for this. I've posted it before but was lazy this time.

The level of detail needed is not option level. The single best indicator is body code. CVM posts his vehicle status by body code. Ford runs production by body code grouping, and packages. Yes, options and other things may cause delay for some, but knowing that your body code is LIKELY to move with others is tangible info. Having waited last year for nine months with zero dealer OR Ford email update, several of us stayed somewhat sane this way (with a few venting rants thrown in). I understand you're pain.

An example of helpful level of detail is in my name header. Good luck everyone.
Fair enough, I’ll leave my options there for now though. A lot of W3U body codes have been pulled for production or are already being built. I called my dealer yesterday and he said they have heard nothing about my order.
Option level might not be needed, but I think it still helps others in this situation. The question is always “why did my van not get pulled this week?” Maybe seeing the whole picture offers more insight and more notably, speculation lol.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sorry I wasn't clear. Tagged you to say thanks for writing up the how to add your vehicle.

The rest of my text was for others to consider, you're already there with great info.

Whatever level people wish to add is their choice. I'm suggesting a helpful minimum could be body code and Tx50, crew, pass or cargo, roof, length.

In 2021, there were only two other identified W2Xs for me to follow. All ordered months apart, all built on the same day. The other two posted info I couldn't get from my dealer. It was very helpful and accurate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Body codes are numerous (must be 30). Not meaningful to me without chart. Instead of simply code perhaps we could give basic body: e.g. I’m a MR, 148, XL, Pass, RWD (or X2C). Longer but perhaps easier for many.

Reactions: 86scotty

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry I wasn't clear. Tagged you to say thanks for writing up the how to add your vehicle.

The rest of my text was for others to consider, you're already there with great info.

Whatever level people wish to add is their choice. I'm suggesting a helpful minimum could be body code and Tx50, roof, length.

In 2021, there were only two other identified W2Xs for me to follow. All ordered months apart, all built on the same day. The other two posted info I couldn't get from my dealer. It was very helpful and accurate.
Ah gotcha, all good. I'm a data analyst by profession, so I'm notoriously giving out too much information as it is (my wife reminds me often) lol.
Hopefully I can find some similar W3U builds to help keep me sane as I PATIENTLY wait for an email!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Body codes are numerous (must be 30). Not meaningful to me without chart. Instead of simply code perhaps we could give basic body: e.g. I’m a MR, 148, XL, Pass, RWD (or X2C). Longer but perhaps easier for many.
Agreed, and I'm not entirely sure that body code references engine choice either, which may cause delays depending on ecoboost, etc.
I've spec'd my order out in my signature as much as I can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hopefully I can find some similar W3U builds to help keep me sane as I PATIENTLY wait for an email!
Not sure that it helps you in any way, but I have nearly the same W3U (different color), I don't have the hi-res camera, but all the other options you noted, plus adventure prep, PEP etc. I ordered via CVM 10/5, got confirmation from Ford of the order the same day and have a build date for the week of 2/21.

This forum helped me work through my 2021 mess and a year of building frustration with my local dealer. I'm hoping you get positive news shortly on your van.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure that it helps you in any way, but I have nearly the same van (different color), I don't have the hi-res camera, but all the other options you noted, plus adventure prep, PEP etc. I ordered via CVM 10/5, got confirmation from Ford of the order the same day and have a build date for the week of 2/21.

This forum helped me work through my 2021 mess and a year of building frustration with my local dealer. I'm hoping you get positive news shortly on your van.
I just hope I don't regret going through my local dealer...
Appreciate the information; maybe I'll hear something in the coming weeks! If I don't get an email by April, I'll start to worry lol.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I added cargo, crew, pass in post 546 above before I read yours. All the info you suggest is valuable. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 T350 Crew HR EXT AWD LSD DRW EcoBoost Avalanche (12/23/21 order date - fingers crossed!)
5 Posts
I just hope I don't regret going through my local dealer...
same here! My order was placed 12/23, received the Ford email the same day.
Font Number Parallel Document Screenshot

I amended the order 1/6, fingers crossed! hurry up and wait mode.

·
Registered
2022 T350HD #11000 Avalanche Gray
162 Posts

Thanks I updated mine.

Reactions: Sams stock van

·
Registered
Totalled 2019 T250 EXT HR Diesel On order 2022 T350 HD EXT DRW F4U
2 Posts
I feel like I'm the only person who ordered an F4U, lol

541 - 560 of 584 Posts