Ford Transit USA Forum banner
521 - 540 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably less important when you ordered, but what did you order? 360-degree camera?, dual-alternators?, power-sliding door, what color? Dual-note horn :ROFLMAO:?

From some of the first people who got orders, it seemed like all the options were available, but not everyone had done a fully loaded van. If we get enough data points maybe we can figure out if there are any obvious supply issues or not.
Font Material property Paper Parallel Document
add HID's and push to start on that list too.

·
Registered
2022 T350 Crew HR EXT AWD LSD DRW EcoBoost Avalanche (12/23/21 order date - fingers crossed!)
5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
add HID's and push to start on that list too.
That's practically everything I ordered in the T-350 version of Cargo van ... though I did add windows-all-around. Same color as well.

@vandownbytheriver, someone got a PSD scheduled a couple weeks ago (it wasn't a CVM order), so at least one has been scheduled. But I wish lots more people would order it as well so could see if it is an issue.

·
Registered
2022 T350 Crew HR EXT AWD LSD DRW EcoBoost Avalanche (12/23/21 order date - fingers crossed!)
5 Posts
... But I wish lots more people would order it as well so could see if it is an issue.
Sunnyvale Ford told me the PSD wasn't available for the Crew. I didn't press it. Now I'm wondering if I should add it?

<edit>never mind, not available on Crew
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern

·
Registered
2022 T350HD #11000 Avalanche Gray
162 Posts
Here are the details of mine. Order place 11-1 and production scheduled for week of Feb 14th
Font Paper Paper product Document Number

Reactions: mechanistic

·
Registered
28 Posts
From being on this site we know order date does not matter as much as long as you were in the first couple months. I ordered mine on Nov 1 and got a built date of Feb 14.
Yes yes. But all else being equal, order date is another point of information. Which is better than no information.

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR Cargo AWD EB
60 Posts
Congratulations… How did you get Extended Fuel Tank for $0? I was charged $285.
If you order the Aux Fuel Port Extension you get the extended fuel tank. You also don't need to drop the tank to access the fuel line if you want to run a gas heater.

·
Registered
2022 W3U 350 Ecoboost AWD HR 148” EXT Cargo Adventure PKG 360 Carbonized Gray Ordered: 10/28/2021
4 Posts
If you order the Aux Fuel Port Extension you get the extended fuel tank. You also don't need to drop the tank to access the fuel line if you want to run a gas heater.
Thanks I was unaware of the Aux Fuel Port Extension. Maybe I should talk with my dealer and get it added if not too late.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks I was unaware of the Aux Fuel Port Extension. Maybe I should talk with my dealer and get it added if not too late.
There are a number of threads about the Espar heaters at high elevations (~10,000ft) not getting along well with the large diameter fuel port that Ford uses, and it necessitates dropping the gas tank to add Espar's pipe. I originally ordered the extension, but after enough doom and gloom threads about the need for Espar's, I decided to save the $100 and just drop the tank.

·
Registered
2022 W3U 350 Ecoboost AWD HR 148” EXT Cargo Adventure PKG 360 Carbonized Gray Ordered: 10/28/2021
4 Posts
There are a number of threads about the Espar heaters at high elevations (~10,000ft) not getting along well with the large diameter fuel port that Ford uses, and it necessitates dropping the gas tank to add Espar's pipe. I originally ordered the extension, but after enough doom and gloom threads about the need for Espar's, I decided to save the $100 and just drop the tank.
Thanks I think I will do the same.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sunnyvale Ford told me the PSD wasn't available for the Crew. I didn't press it. Now I'm wondering if I should add it?

<edit>never mind, not available on Crew
View attachment 165588
Ya, I would have ordered the Crew as well. I don't understand why they excluded the Crew ... to me the big usefulness for the PSD is rear passengers. I ended up with the Cargo and will put in a second row using Honda Odyssey seats. With only two seats they won't be smack up against the window so I'm a little more comfortable not having the air bags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
... I don't understand why they excluded the Crew ...
My thought is they couldn't get the PSD to meet the lifetime cycle requirement for the Crew - total guess.

For us having the kid seats and 'finished space' solution in the stock config won out. But since the stock seat seems to be a PITA in that position, it's on the short-list for upgrade, so then why not convert to Cargo? agh! :)

It's amazing how complex all the conditionals, interdependencies and stuff get!

Anyway, beyond fixing a 'mistake' I noticed last week, I'm afraid to change my order at this point!

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR Cargo AWD EB
60 Posts
Well that sucks. I was thinking the extended aux line would eliminate the need to drop the tank. I wonder if the new to '22MY Aux Fuel Port Extension is the same ID as earlier years. I'm guessing it is.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well that sucks. I was thinking the extended aux line would eliminate the need to drop the tank. I wonder if the new to '22MY Aux Fuel Port Extension is the same ID as earlier years. I'm guessing it is.
This is one of the threads, linked in part way:

Reactions: mototreks

·
Registered
6 Posts
My order was placed on 27/Oct/2021. Customizations were to skip the passenger seats in the rear, and add all driver safety features and power sliding door.

I am becoming frustrated as the dealer says it can take anything from 1 month to 8 months!! In this forum, I see folks getting the delivery dates. I am starting to doubt if there's something different (eg. not opting for rear seats) that moved my order to the back. Any ideas/suggestions welcome. I do not mind going back and changing the order to get the van sooner. Thank you.

++++
2022 Transit XLT PASSENGER VAN Rear - Wheel Drive:
  • 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
  • 10-Speed Automatic Overdrive Transmission with SelectShift®
  • Agate Black Metallic
  • Ebony Leather, 10-way power heated Driver and 10-way power heated Passenger seats
  • 16” Black Aluminum Alloy Wheel
  • 148" Wheelbase
  • High Roof

521 - 540 of 584 Posts