Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Waiting on a 2022 order?

315680 3625
Welcome to this thread for those with questions about your 2022model year order.

"Seems to be quite a few threads with ordered vehicle information. I'm thinking it might be helpful to have info in one place for order status updates as we get into this next production run of transits. Body code, order date and build date would help me. If it's a description then weight, height, length and cargo, crew or passenger?
Some have this in their signature, others don't." In honor of Sams Stock Van

I was hoping some one would start one, Since the Electric Transits have been open for awhile and about September 10 the Gas Transit ordering started, there is gonna be a similar thread to reflect the 2022 model year Gas and Electric Transit orders.

So here goes,
I have placed an order on 9-27-21 for a low roof 130" T-250 RWD Crew Van R1Z with Garry Crossley in Kansas City--------- The order replaced a not built order I placed for a similar unit with a dealer in Kannapolis North Carolina on 4-24-21 it never got out of the unscheduled clean status.
3581 - 3600 of 3626 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had a fantastic experience picking up our van from CrewVanMan! On Friday morning we flew from Detroit to Kansas City where Ed picked us up at the airport and brought us to the dealership. Ed gives a very thorough run-through of the van and without it I wouldn't have known many of the features of the van and especially of the iACC--which btw, I love. Ed even set us up with a 2 seater to replace the 3 seat bench in our HR Crew and it's perfect--exactly what we wanted. After we left with the van we drove straight to Cotsco and bought some pillows and a foam mattress that fit perfectly between the wheel wells. We brought everything else we needed in our carryon luggage, and we were super comfortable and had a really fun ride home for the next 2 days. The road has been calling us for a long time and we are very grateful to Ed and Rusty and Kayla for not only making it possible for us but for making it easy and pleasant!!!
Window Motor vehicle Interior design Vehicle door Comfort
Wheel Cloud Sky Car Tire

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice that folks are getting their 2022 Vans. I hope all those that started with 2021 orders got theirs.
I ordered my 2023 (from Balanced Out 2022) with Ed & Kayla today so I need to see if there is a Waiting on a 2023 Order thread.

·
Registered
2022 350 XLT Passenger MR AWD EcoBoost Abyss Grey
25 Posts
Mine was a balanced out 2021.

I don't know what's worse waiting and not knowing if it's built or going to be built for all this time or now having it sit in the railyard 20 miles from the dealership since the 13th! Arghhh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I don't think I'm the last one, doesn't look like I'll be shutting the lights off on this thread. Quick once over and test drive tonight, pick it up Monday. Very happy with what I saw and how it drove.

I'm not a big guy at all and the seat felt short in butt length, guess I'll do some searching to see if I'm the only one with that thought.

Abyss Grey is a sweet color BTW.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am about to pick up my 2022 order! My dealer is stating that I have to pay sticker and then get a check back for my price protection. Has anyone else experienced this? I have not see it elsewhere in the forum. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I am about to pick up my 2022 order! My dealer is stating that I have to pay sticker and then get a check back for my price protection. Has anyone else experienced this? I have not see it elsewhere in the forum. Thank you for your help!
There was one other person (@laskaroy) whose dealer tried that (and was successful tho that's not how it's supposed to work). This was not ideal as he had to pay sales tax on the full (wrong) purchase price and then wait for the dealer to send him a check later on (for which I don't believe he could get his sales tax overage refunded). This was at North County Ford in Vista, California (San Diego area) in case that's where you are.

What is supposed to happen (and this is how it did happen for most people here from what I can tell) is that the Ford dealer honors the price you agreed to when you bought the van (how quaint), and then Ford price-protects the dealer.

I would push back on this. There is a video put out by one dealer in Kansas (I will look for the link) who explains the process and says that "some dealers might not be aware" and you can feel free to share this video with them.

Also, our own @CrewVanManInfo, who is a strong customer advocate, has shared with us that the way it is supposed to work is you pay the price that was on your Preview Order that you signed when you ordered the van --- and then Ford Price Protects the dealer. So you don't pay the price on the sticker or the "current" price, but rather the price when you ordered the van. Ford then makes it so the dealer loses nothing because they make up the difference to the dealer.

Edited to add, here is a link to the video by a Ford dealer explaining the Price Protection to the dealer (same dealer has other videos on similar topics):

·
Registered
104 Posts
Read backwards from here - the same scenario has been discussed in this thread in the last month or two. In short, it is one of the dealer's options but it is better if you get the correct price now and the dealer waits for the adjusted invoice reconciliation. You will pay taxes on the inflated amount and won't get that money back.

Remember - this is just the dealer's preference. They can choose to do the right thing and not force you to wait for a cheque with all the stress of wondering if they are really going to reimburse you. Push them on this - it is 100% negotiable. Shame them - are they really so close to the edge that they won't be solvent waiting for Ford to reconcile this?

Edit: link to video vanaroo cited (deleted link as it is posted above)
Also - one tactic is to ask to see their invoice on the van. If they are claiming that they are "out" money until Ford reimburses, make them prove it by showing you the dealer invoice. This will demonstrate that they're not out any money at all. Your original MSRP will still be above the invoice, they are just waiting for a credit from Ford which will be applied to future liability. In other words, the dealers reconciliation with Ford is really just virtual, it's paper - they are not waiting for a cheque the way you would be. And... the dealer is also getting "assistance" from Ford - "floor plan" "advertising" even "fuel tank" - costs that they won't incure because yours was a custom order but they get reimbursed for anyway.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Oh jeeze . . . apparently my 2022 is still waiting at the factory on a "Chip Hold" until at least October 12th . . .
probably in the same boat here. Mine has said "in production" since 8/12 :-(

• Sad
Reactions: IsleofMan

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
The dealer settles out the price protection with Ford in their settlement of the sale. It is mostly a paper transaction with the dealer ending up paying the amount based on the order date of the Transit. All the dealer needs to do is call Ford unless they have never did a settlement on this type of transaction, which I doubt this has happened before.

You will be paying higher taxes on the higher sale amount. Tell them they will owe you that amount and get it in writing. Be sure to give us the Ford dealer name so others can stay away from them.

·
Registered
2022 R2X (148 HR Cargo) build date
136 Posts
You might consider: "I know you can process it so that I only pay the original negotiated price (I am aware of MANY buyers who have had it done this way).
I would really like to be able to tell my many friends in the community what a great job you did in this process; that you are good with customer service."
That's just one I was ready to use, but didn't have to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So couple things as I wrap my purchase up on Monday.

I'm an A-Plan buyer and my dealer wanted to wait and have Ford reimburse me for the difference. I said absolutely not, get the new final number now and they conceded. They never questioned the Price Protection and honored that right from the start.

Also, I got a random $1,500 rebate thrown in. Did anyone else get this? I was afraid to ask what it was for in case it was a mistake.

Needless to say, between A-Plan, Price Protection and this random $1,500 rebate, I paid significantly below the new $64,975.00 sticker.

·
Registered
2022 W2X 350 HR AWD EB in Blue Jean Metallic
227 Posts
So couple things as I wrap my purchase up on Monday.

I'm an A-Plan buyer and my dealer wanted to wait and have Ford reimburse me for the difference. I said absolutely not, get the new final number now and they conceded. They never questioned the Price Protection and honored that right from the start.

Also, I got a random $1,500 rebate thrown in. Did anyone else get this? I was afraid to ask what it was for in case it was a mistake.

Needless to say, between A-Plan, Price Protection and this random $1,500 rebate, I paid significantly below the new $64,975.00 sticker.
Mine was $1,500 under my original ordered price as well. Same as you I didn't question it or bring it up. I picked mine up in July.

·
Registered
2022 Transit AWD W2X, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
323 Posts
My dealer said the same thing despite earlier discussions with them about the price protection.
My response was that they don't "have to" do it this way (as they claimed), and emphasized that they absolutely have a choice, and that most respectable dealers in the country do choose to honor the original price.
The dealer eventually agreed and I paid the original price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the response from the dealer (Fairway Ford) when I asked that they honor the price now instead of sending me a check for the price protection later. I asked that they give me the amount and when it would be paid in writing:

That’s the issue. The price protection invoice is sent from Ford AFTER the purchase. When I get back into the office I can probably come up with a close estimate. Most vehicles have a “markup” that will stay relatively consistent so retail to retail and invoice to invoice over should be similar change in percentage. For example on this van if the list is 60,000 and the invoice is 57000 then the original price of around 55k probably had an invoice of about 52k. The price protection will be based on invoice vs invoice. So if the mark up is say 5% then realize the invoice to invoice may be 95% of what retail to retail would be.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is the response from the dealer (Fairway Ford) when I asked that they honor the price now instead of sending me a check for the price protection later. I asked that they give me the amount and when it would be paid in writing:

That’s the issue. The price protection invoice is sent from Ford AFTER the purchase. When I get back into the office I can probably come up with a close estimate. Most vehicles have a “markup” that will stay relatively consistent so retail to retail and invoice to invoice over should be similar change in percentage. For example on this van if the list is 60,000 and the invoice is 57000 then the original price of around 55k probably had an invoice of about 52k. The price protection will be based on invoice vs invoice. So if the mark up is say 5% then realize the invoice to invoice may be 95% of what retail to retail would be.
I can't really follow his/her point. Are they so strapped for cash that a few grand on one side of the balance sheet or the other really matters? As crewvanman said, this is just a paper transaction for them to be added up and netted out at the end of the accounting period. But for you it is real money. And if their cash situation is so precarious, do you have faith that they will be able to cut a check in 60-90 days? Will they still be in business?

·
Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
736 Posts
My dealer told me they get the first invoice from ford when the vehicle is being built. To think that your dealer doesn't know what he's paying on a vehicle by the time it hits his lot is hard to comprehend. Stick to your original price, and push back.

I waited 11 months for my 2021 and had no issue with my honest dealer despite two price increases during that time.

·
Registered
2022 Transit AWD W2X, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
323 Posts

If I were you I would continue to press as I had done. Emphasize that it’s a common fair practice to honor the original price at the time of the sale. It is at their discretion to do it and there isn’t any outside force that makes them do it the way they are wanting to do it.
Emphasize that you are at a loss paying a higher tax and financing a higher sale amount with little benefit to them. On the contrary their reputation will benefit from honoring the original price now.

3581 - 3600 of 3626 Posts