·
Registered
60 Posts
Reactions: Purplehayes84

·
Registered
2022 R2X (148 HR Cargo) build date
136 Posts
Called Ford today. Found out my van has been "received" at big lift in Colorado. Not being savvy, I asked "received by whom?" Customer service guy had no answer for that. I tried "where in Colorado?" Also no answer for that. It was pretty funny really -- so predictably not very helpful, yet overly polite.
So I searched "big lift colorado" and found it is a BNSF rail yard outside of Denver that is dedicated to moving automobiles from trains. It seems that they primarily move them onto trucks, but they might also switch them to other rail cars (not sure about that).
So It's good to know it is not sitting in KC waiting for a part or a train.
It may be sitting in Denver waiting for a truck or a train -- that's better.
It's probably best if it is off the rail system given the potential strike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
"Oh jeeze" is right!
Have you figured out which option is holding it up?
(Mine shipped -- did not order the 360 camera.)
Here's the idiocy of the whole thing - mine is also in transit (unloaded in Newark just a few hours ago), I have a 360 degree camera. The regular back-up camera was preventing mine from getting scheduled. When we changed to 360 I got a VIN within days. Now the 360 is the holdup and people are switching to standard backup...

·
Registered
2021 Power Sliding Door that also has a van attached to it
564 Posts
No idea on what the hold up is. I do have most of the tech stuff on it, pretty much the only thing I don't have is the side sensing. But yes I have the 360 camera, Sync4, BLIS, etc.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Here's the idiocy of the whole thing - mine is also in transit (unloaded in Newark just a few hours ago), I have a 360 degree camera. The regular back-up camera was preventing mine from getting scheduled. When we changed to 360 I got a VIN within days. Now the 360 is the holdup and people are switching to standard backup...
That's the danger of knowing too much. At least since 2020 when I bought my van there have been an ever changing list of things holding up builds and people insisting on knowing what it is so they can change. But who knows if you're at the front or back end of that constraint, and if the change you make will actually result in getting your van sooner, or if you'll be stuck with losing a feature you really wanted or paying for one you didn't.

Easier to just be patient. Thankfully Ford did come through with the Private Offers for those who wanted PSD. Hopefully it happens this MY.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It finally happend today. Flew into Kansas City and picked up our van. Hopefully those still waiting for a 2022 will get delivered soon and the 2023s start rolling in also.

The process at Crossley was painless and quick, very thorough delivery and walk through. Ed, Kayla and Rusty did a fine job.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just providing a data point for those still waiting.
Mine was designated "shipped" on Aug. 26; today is Sept. 19; still not at dealer in Wyoming -- has been sitting in a railyard outside of Denver for 10 days now.
(Yet another reason to order through a dealer close to the factory.)

·
Registered
60 Posts
The online tracker was updated to Built today :) It had been in "parts jail" since 8/11. Shouldn't be long now before I make the trip to KC!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just providing a data point for those still waiting.
Mine was designated "shipped" on Aug. 26; today is Sept. 19; still not at dealer in Wyoming -- has been sitting in a railyard outside of Denver for 10 days now.
(Yet another reason to order through a dealer close to the factory.)
Painful. Mines been built for a month and just got to the Kansas train yard I think. Was yours built in KC as well? I didn’t think about it changing trains somewhere and waiting again. How did you get a train tracker? By calling Ford?

·
Registered
104 Posts
PH86 - the ford chat is able to provide a railcar # once it has been assigned. If it is Norfolk Southern, you can track it by following instructions on post #3547. Other rail lines may or may not have tracking options. I was able to track it pretty closely. It stopped for 3 days near Pittsburgh. Other than that the stops were all under 24 hours. I probably could have kept pace on a bicycle, but the progress was reasonably steady.

Do you have a ramp code on your window sticker?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Painful. Mines been built for a month and just got to the Kansas train yard I think. Was yours built in KC as well? I didn’t think about it changing trains somewhere and waiting again. How did you get a train tracker? By calling Ford?
Yes, all are KC built. Calling Ford gave some updates; they did provide a BNSF car #, and told me to call BNSF for tracking; BNSF told me they couldn't provide info as I did not have security clearence (and told me that Ford incorrectly tells people to call BNSF for tracking). Later calls to Ford gave me the info on it being at "Big Lift" in Colorado???? -- turns out to be BNSF drop-off yard for autos. It is likely waitint there for a truck or might already be on one that has not made it into their system yet. (I really don't know if they would transfer to a train to get closer (e.g., Salt Lake City about 5 hours away vs. Denver 8).

EDIT/UPDATE: Apparently it HAS BEEN on a truck. Dealer just called to say van is here.
Of course, it seems there is always a little hitch in the comedy -- well, it's not exactly "here" -- it was delivered to their other location 2 hours from here.
Still excellent news of course. (Hopefully, no additional comedy at the dealership.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just thought I'd say here that dealing with Jackson Hole Ford in Wyoming turned out to be easy and efficient -- I am comfortable recommending them. I sometimes thought I should have gone with Ed in KC, not because JH Ford was a problem, but just seeing Ed's scrupulous attention to detail and customer service. But it has all worked out well -- a relief.

3561 - 3580 of 3626 Posts