Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Waiting on a 2022 order?

315693 3625
Welcome to this thread for those with questions about your 2022model year order.

"Seems to be quite a few threads with ordered vehicle information. I'm thinking it might be helpful to have info in one place for order status updates as we get into this next production run of transits. Body code, order date and build date would help me. If it's a description then weight, height, length and cargo, crew or passenger?
Some have this in their signature, others don't." In honor of Sams Stock Van

I was hoping some one would start one, Since the Electric Transits have been open for awhile and about September 10 the Gas Transit ordering started, there is gonna be a similar thread to reflect the 2022 model year Gas and Electric Transit orders.

So here goes,
I have placed an order on 9-27-21 for a low roof 130" T-250 RWD Crew Van R1Z with Garry Crossley in Kansas City--------- The order replaced a not built order I placed for a similar unit with a dealer in Kannapolis North Carolina on 4-24-21 it never got out of the unscheduled clean status.
3541 - 3560 of 3626 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ford just went onto the Vehicle Visibility report in the last week listing the chip situation on the 2022 and 2023 Transits. Before they were showing them on the holding lots and a few had ETA dates for delivery. I was calling Jack Cooper Transport to see if any of those Transits were on their lot....NONE were showing up so they were still on the Ford holding lot. It is not the dealers fault that we can't get the correct information on the Transits once they are 'Produced'.
no, but it is entirely fords fault for not offering information to the dealers and customers about whats actually happening not taking five weeks to let us know, it's absurd

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
And Ford is telling customers via email that their Transit has been 'shipped' which actually means it is being taken off the Ford lot near the assembly plant. It goes to either the local delivery lot or another holding lot that is for Transits going on the rail cars. Once the proper rail car is in place going to its specific destination, it is moved from that holding lot to the rail yard and lined up for loading.

·
Registered
236 Posts
dealer just called said his regional manager found out there was nearly a thousand transits sitting on lots awaiting window wiper control module chips and that was my hold up as well, they expect it to be remedied soon and he would let me know when he finds out more. also ford gave extended warranty for the mishegass.

·
Registered
236 Posts
And Ford is telling customers via email that their Transit has been 'shipped' which actually means it is being taken off the Ford lot near the assembly plant. It goes to either the local delivery lot or another holding lot that is for Transits going on the rail cars. Once the proper rail car is in place going to its specific destination, it is moved from that holding lot to the rail yard and lined up for loading.
so shipped really just means holding lot shuffle, great! fyi my last email from Ford was june 28th

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
To Ford, leaving their lot means 'shipped'. If Ford would stay out of the dealers communication with the customer, everything might work better. They tell the customer things that aren't true and the dealer get the flack from the customer. The great emails about problems building the customers Transit and then when they 'Balanced Out' those vehicles, they did not go back to the customer and tells them that situation. Leave it up to the dealer to relate the BAD news.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For those folks fortunate enough to have a vehicle that has really "shipped" and not just Ford doublespeak "shipped" oleknz noted that the ford chat can now provide rail car ID's. I got my rail info earlier this week and dug up an old F-150 thread that detailed how to track Norfolk Southern rail cars (generally serving east and south of KC).

1-800-635-5768
Select 2 for intermodal and then 2 for tracing
They ask for the letters in the ID first, use the number pad to select the corresponding letters and then press #
Then enter the numbers and press #

The message that this produces is barely recognizable as language, but listen for something that sounds vaguely like a town and state. Pressing 1 allows you to listen to the message as many times as it takes to decipher the garble.

The whole thing is reminiscent of 1987, but it seems to work. My van is moving east! It was still in KC yesterday but the latest update indicates that it "departed" Clapper, Missouri early this morning.

·
Registered
2022 Transit AWD W2X, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
323 Posts
For those folks fortunate enough to have a vehicle that has really "shipped" and not just Ford doublespeak "shipped" oleknz noted that the ford chat can now provide rail car ID's. I got my rail info earlier this week and dug up an old F-150 thread that detailed how to track Norfolk Southern rail cars (generally serving east and south of KC).

1-800-635-5768
Select 2 for intermodal and then 2 for tracing
They ask for the letters in the ID first, use the number pad to select the corresponding letters and then press #
Then enter the numbers and press #

The message that this produces is barely recognizable as language, but listen for something that sounds vaguely like a town and state. Pressing 1 allows you to listen to the message as many times as it takes to decipher the garble.

The whole thing is reminiscent of 1987, but it seems to work. My van is moving east! It was still in KC yesterday but the latest update indicates that it "departed" Clapper, Missouri early this morning.
Yes, I got some updated shipping entries but mine was sent by truck - so I got some ramp number and location. And yes via Ford chat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Van arrived at the dealer today! I'm almost excited. 😝
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Car Tire

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky
Built 8-24.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,550 ·
Reactions: DentVanMan

·
Registered
2022 Transit AWD W2X, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
323 Posts
Before my Monday delivery I was able to sneak in the dealership which is closed on weekends and do "pre-inspection". :p
The messed up thing is that the van was unlocked so I toured the interior unbothered even though the security guy was in his car parked just a few feet away walking around and didn't even ask a question. Mind you this is downtown Detroit. :)
I locked it before I left. (didn't find the keys inside) 🤦‍♂️
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Sky Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Sky Vehicle
Vehicle Mode of transport Window Air travel Engineering
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Car Vehicle Automotive design Plant Motor vehicle

The HDR photos make it look grey but it's just pure snow white color.
I found one possible issue but will post a question about it in another thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like my '22 W3U will be a few more weeks awaiting circuitry...
Automotive exterior Rectangle Parallel Automotive design Font

·
Registered
2022 350 XLT Passenger MR AWD EcoBoost Abyss Grey
25 Posts
According to my dealer, my van has made it to Buffalo by rail and is waiting to be unloaded. Not sure how this possible strike could impact that, but hopefully it's out of their hands (railroad) before that becomes another possible delay!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Before my Monday delivery I was able to sneak in the dealership which is closed on weekends and do "pre-inspection". :p
The messed up thing is that the van was unlocked so I toured the interior unbothered even though the security guy was in his car parked just a few feet away walking around and didn't even ask a question. Mind you this is downtown Detroit. :)
I locked it before I left. (didn't find the keys inside) 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 178937 View attachment 178936
View attachment 178941 View attachment 178938 View attachment 178943
View attachment 178942
The HDR photos make it look grey but it's just pure snow white color.
I found one possible issue but will post a question about it in another thread.
Very Cool 😎 Hope you enjoy it!

3541 - 3560 of 3626 Posts