Ford Transit USA Forum banner
3321 - 3340 of 3340 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
different dealer for 2023. Does anyone have recommendations of a good one that has come through for them? I live in South Dakota, but am willing to pick-up most anywhere.
Does anyone know if the PSD is actually worth it? How good is it on the Transit?
South Dakota is close enough to Ed (CrewVanMan on these fora) in Kansas City to make an order with him an obvious next step.

The handful of folks who post here and have the PSD are very happy. One small feature/bug is that the door closes very slowly under certain common use patterns - if the door is open for more than 5 minutes or something like that.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
177 Posts
Placed my order in October 2021. Been checking with my dealer since. Checked with them an hour ago and they said I was still unscheduled. Based on this forum I called 800-334-4375 Ford Marketing just now. They confirmed I have been balanced out (22 order cancelled).

Crazy to me that my dealer didn't tell me that an hour ago. I'm going to place an order with a different dealer for 2023. Does anyone have recommendations of a good one that has come through for them? I live in South Dakota, but am willing to pick-up most anywhere.

FYI in case it is helpful...
I ordered a mid-roof, eco-boost, AWD, PSD plus other options. I'm assuming the mid-roof or PSD is what got me balanced out.

Does anyone know if the PSD is actually worth it? How good is it on the Transit?
PSD option was worth $995 for me. But it was not worth not getting a van at all this year by keeping it.
I'm sorry, it sucks you were not informed by your dealer. You may have had a chance otherwise.
My dealer didn't tell me anything either and I only found out about the PSD problem from this forum and informed the dealer myself. Only after that I got a vin and a build date. I owe this community a lot.

Reactions: KingFisch

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah! Moved to production today and I can load the online window sticker. Starting to feel like this might actually happen!

·
Registered
3 Posts
They called me back today and said there was a "glitch" that the fixed to get my order confirmed email from ford. I know that the "glitch" is just them and their excuse is just a lie. If this was 2019 and production was normal I would find a dealer that is honest and with the best deal, but I am pretty much just using my local dealer to click the buttons to place an order since Ford does not sell directly to the customer and paying the MSRP anyway, them telling me some lies to not look bad is just the game they play.

Funny, they did tell me that even though the price was increasing (mine is going to be about $5300 more), they said Ford was going to offer incentives for people who didn't get their '22. I am pretty sure where he pulled that statement from :poop: and am not holding my breath for anything less than the price on the preview sheet.

I asked for the preview order and they fixed the wheels but tried to sneak in the auto/start stop removal, who would ever want that on their personal vehicle anyway?

As for the Digital Rear View mirror, mine is going to be a low roof and I don't think that is an option.

Also, the chrome HID headlamps look like they are standard on the XLT and the black HID is not an option on the XLT, you have to get the XL to get the black HID's, correct?

I am getting RWD so the new wheel options don't matter for me.
What is the auto start/stop removal concern? I have that on my order. Does it mean you get a key vs a push button ignition?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Those who have it report loving it, and that it's one of their favorite features.

It was the feature I was looking forward to the most on my 2022, so having to drop it was infuriating. But at least I'm getting a van, even without the PSD, which is far more than most people here.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Same for me as well... My price went up ~$4k and the PSD was removed. We never requested the PSD to be removed... But, it's better then nothing I guess. No communication from Ford or my dealer about the price increase either.
yeah mine shows a price increase similar to yours but my dealer will honor the original quote minus the PSD.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Those who have it report loving it, and that it's one of their favorite features.

It was the feature I was looking forward to the most on my 2022, so having to drop it was infuriating. But at least I'm getting a van, even without the PSD, which is far more than most people here.
same, and then reading yet again how people really love that feature is like salt on an open wound.

·
Registered
2020 Transit 150 // Trying to get a new one but balanced out!
11 Posts
Having the PSD on your order and not removing it once Ford told dealers that removing it may get them a scheduled build date may have kept your order from being processed. We ended up removing all of the PSD option for our customers and the ones that already have a VIN will get their van without the PSD. Two more got a VIN from ones who were 'Unscheduled - Clean' while 32 customers did not get a van.
This is why I'm going to order with you on the 2023. I reached out to my dealer about the PSD earlier this summer and they said they knew nothing about it and that they didn't think it would make a difference, so we left it on.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

I'm rolling the dice again, hopefully with some TBD prioritization that will make it happen for sure. I took friends out of town last weekend in our 2020, and without fail I was having to run around and close the manual slider after they got in. And it still wakes the neighbors in the middle of the night in a campground.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a bit confused....

Tracker, Ford Chat, and Dealer are showing I'm in production but I still can't access my window sticker. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Reactions: Arvada and ljw8823

·
Registered
2022 T350 XL HR
133 Posts
so Im having a grand time getting the mis build resolved. Was supposed to take possession on Saturday after waiting a week to get the PDI done, then tuesday, then today... and now tomorrow.

I still havent driven it, as the PDI was only started this afternoon.

slowly becoming unimpressed. 21 roll up that has seen a 23 >.>

·
Registered
55 Posts
Finally back in production (went into production in late March and was pulled) No PSSD anymore but will take it anyway.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

Reactions: WyoStorm

·
Registered
2022, T-250 MR 148”WB, Ecoboost; 2018 T-250 MR 148”WB, Ecoboost, RIP 2016 T-250 MR 148”WB, Ecoboost
31 Posts
It showed unscheduled clean until this afternoon. Now balanced out

·
Registered
2022, T-250 MR 148”WB, Ecoboost; 2018 T-250 MR 148”WB, Ecoboost, RIP 2016 T-250 MR 148”WB, Ecoboost
31 Posts
Thinking about rebuilding my wrecked van, now

3321 - 3340 of 3340 Posts