Ford Transit USA Forum banner
3301 - 3320 of 3340 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm still confused if the whole system is removed or just the shutoff button.
From the order guide there is a section that talks about this:

Auto Start-Stop Switch Delete deletes Auto Stop-Start Technology disable button on dash, however, the feature remains permanently active.

But I am still not sure this is the same thing as "Auto Start Stop Removal"

·
Registered
498 Posts
To avoid pointlessly running the engine and wasting fuel, maybe? You know, like pretty much every other modern ICE vehicle.
I actually don't hate it as much as others. I think it would be really nice to have when you're waiting in the long lines at the Costco gas pumps.

What I strongly dislike is how it doesn't stay off if you do turn it off. And it seems that on the 2022 models, the off button is buried in the touchscreen menus as opposed to a physical button like in years prior. Happily it seems that won't be a problem for 2023s.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm still confused if the whole system is removed or just the shutoff button.
from what i understand on the MY23 the confusing "switch delete" that removed the switch but still left a system you could no longer control was eliminated. from the order guide

"Auto Start-Stop Switch Delete (formerly sales code 57A) is now

only available with the Fleet Fuel Economy Package (98B)"

where as the option code in question is 19X "Ford Removes Auto Stop-Start From 2023 Transits With EcoBoost Engine??? (REQUIRED Option Code 19X)"

but as we all know, Fords wording is not always clear, and i checked the most recent order guides (us and canada) and do not see option 19X even mentioned so. So my understanding is it removes system entirely and i would pay extra to remove that $%&*. but not 100% sure either. i actually just been leaving my order alone and if dealer ask me to remove i will. im still at only 5% that i will see a MY23 anyway.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yesterday, 8-1-22 I moved to "in production", zero notice from ford, I only know this by following the link from my last email from about a month ago. I was scheduled for 8-8-22. I'm not complaining just passing on the info.
Same for me as well... My price went up ~$4k and the PSD was removed. We never requested the PSD to be removed... But, it's better then nothing I guess. No communication from Ford or my dealer about the price increase either.

·
Registered
2021 W2X High Roof Cargo T350, 148", EcoB, AWD, Avalanche Grey
648 Posts
Same for me as well... My price went up ~$4k and the PSD was removed. We never requested the PSD to be removed... But, it's better then nothing I guess. No communication from Ford or my dealer about the price increase either.
You should expect to pay the original negotiated price, minus the PSD cost. Lots of posts about dealers trying to get the updated pricing, while Ford honors the price at deposit. Have not seen a post yet about any dealer being successful at this trick. Don't fall for it and don't walk away. That's their game.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
How did the price go up when they removed the PSD? If the dealer let Ford remove it, it would not have a effect on the pricing. If the dealer did it, then it picked up the updated Ford pricing that changed at that time. You should actually pay $995 MSRP less than your preview order and if your pricing was discounted from MSRP, that number would be less than $995. Based on our customer pricing, their price would be $909 less than their quoted price.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
You should expect to pay the original negotiated price, minus the PSD cost. Lots of posts about dealers trying to get the updated pricing, while Ford honors the price at deposit. Have not seen a post yet about any dealer being successful at this trick. Don't fall for it and don't walk away. That's their game.
We know of one dealer that played this game on one of the forum members and they made him pay the increased price. After we told him that Ford would honor his original pricing and he approached the dealers about it, they later refunded that difference to him. But he had to register the van cost at a higher price so he paid more in sales taxes based on the higher price he paid up front.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
177 Posts
If you have a VIN, you will be getting a 2022 Transit vehicle. By next week, ALL of the last ones with VINs will be available to view the online window sticker. It is available within 10 days of your build date.
I really, really hope so. 🤞 🤞

·
Registered
2020 Transit 150 // Trying to get a new one but balanced out!
11 Posts
Placed my order in October 2021. Been checking with my dealer since. Checked with them an hour ago and they said I was still unscheduled. Based on this forum I called 800-334-4375 Ford Marketing just now. They confirmed I have been balanced out (22 order cancelled).

Crazy to me that my dealer didn't tell me that an hour ago. I'm going to place an order with a different dealer for 2023. Does anyone have recommendations of a good one that has come through for them? I live in South Dakota, but am willing to pick-up most anywhere.

FYI in case it is helpful...
I ordered a mid-roof, eco-boost, AWD, PSD plus other options. I'm assuming the mid-roof or PSD is what got me balanced out.

Does anyone know if the PSD is actually worth it? How good is it on the Transit?

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Having the PSD on your order and not removing it once Ford told dealers that removing it may get them a scheduled build date may have kept your order from being processed. We ended up removing all of the PSD option for our customers and the ones that already have a VIN will get their van without the PSD. Two more got a VIN from ones who were 'Unscheduled - Clean' while 32 customers did not get a van.

3301 - 3320 of 3340 Posts