Ford Transit USA Forum banner
3281 - 3300 of 3340 Posts

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Congrats!

Obviously it's worked out great since you have a build date; but I'm curious how you were able to place an order on February 15th when the Transit ordering window had a hard close on February 11th.
His order was already in the system before 2/11. He just paid his deposit on 2/15 to finalize it. If orders were in ??, I placed the order anyway to be sure it would be accepted.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
You see the dealer just ordered the Silver Alloy wheels for you at a higher option price instead of the Black steel wheels. Better to just go with the stock wheels. I assume you ordered a RWD Transit as this email from Ford indicates that body style.

- Update -
About an hour after getting off the phone with my dealer, I now have the standard email from Ford confirming my order. So I guess my dealer just put it in today after I called. I wonder what options they chose for me, my '22 order had the black wheels. :(

View attachment 176298
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
14 Posts
His order was already in the system before 2/11. He just paid his deposit on 2/15 to finalize it. If orders were in ??, I placed the order anyway to be sure it would be accepted.
Thanks, Eddie.. you're the best! Crossley and Halvorson and everyone in this group are very lucky to have you as our Ford rep. It's been quite a while since I've dealt with a more hard-working, detail-oriented representative. I pray that your health issues improve and that you will have the time and motivation to join me this winter on SPI for some fresh shrimp and a margarita! :) See you in Kanas City in September!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You see the dealer just ordered the Silver Alloy wheels for you at a higher option price instead of the Black steel wheels. Better to just go with the stock wheels. I assume you ordered a RWD Transit as this email from Ford indicates that body style.
My ‘22 order had the black alloy wheels so no price difference just the wrong color.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well, I still don't have a window sticker available online. But when I called the number, after dealing with the most insufferably obtuse guy (seriously, most of the people I've spoken to on the phone have been pretty good but this guy must have had his supervisor over his shoulder or something), he said he was showing that it was in production and had been sent to the plant.

So . . . progress, I guess?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
177 Posts
Chat update: no updates. Production "day" as opposed to "build week" is Aug 15th. Hoping that window sticker shows up on Friday. (10 days before).
"Estimated delivery": Sept 08th-14th.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Still no window sticker for me yet.. build day 8/11. I didn't think to ask last week when I chatted Ford about delivery ETA. If I don't see sticker tomorrow I will try giving them a call.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, I still don't have a window sticker available online. But when I called the number, after dealing with the most insufferably obtuse guy (seriously, most of the people I've spoken to on the phone have been pretty good but this guy must have had his supervisor over his shoulder or something), he said he was showing that it was in production and had been sent to the plant.

So . . . progress, I guess?
Hang in there P. Fluffy 😀 Hopefully your sticker will pop up soon 👍

·
Registered
98 Posts
Still no window sticker for me yet.. build day 8/11. I didn't think to ask last week when I chatted Ford about delivery ETA. If I don't see sticker tomorrow I will try giving them a call.
I didn't get a delivery estimate until after my vehicle was fully built. It took 3 months from when it went into production to when I finally got the built status and a delivery estimate. So don't hold your breath about getting a date until after it's fully constructed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are going with their changed order, you better get a preview order printed from the Ford site. They should have at least given you a choice of adding any new 2023 options like the Digital Rear View Mirror, Black HID Headlamps, or one of the 2 NEW wheels options for the AWD model.
They called me back today and said there was a "glitch" that the fixed to get my order confirmed email from ford. I know that the "glitch" is just them and their excuse is just a lie. If this was 2019 and production was normal I would find a dealer that is honest and with the best deal, but I am pretty much just using my local dealer to click the buttons to place an order since Ford does not sell directly to the customer and paying the MSRP anyway, them telling me some lies to not look bad is just the game they play.

Funny, they did tell me that even though the price was increasing (mine is going to be about $5300 more), they said Ford was going to offer incentives for people who didn't get their '22. I am pretty sure where he pulled that statement from :poop: and am not holding my breath for anything less than the price on the preview sheet.

I asked for the preview order and they fixed the wheels but tried to sneak in the auto/start stop removal, who would ever want that on their personal vehicle anyway?

As for the Digital Rear View mirror, mine is going to be a low roof and I don't think that is an option.

Also, the chrome HID headlamps look like they are standard on the XLT and the black HID is not an option on the XLT, you have to get the XL to get the black HID's, correct?

I am getting RWD so the new wheel options don't matter for me.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I asked for the preview order and they fixed the wheels but tried to sneak in the auto/start stop removal, who would ever want that on their personal vehicle anyway?
Remove the tin foil hat and take a deep breath.

According to CVM, if you don't take the "auto/start stop removal" for the $50 credit your van won't get built.

·
Registered
13 Posts
yes, the order will be rejected from the system if the auto/start stop removal is not selected.
Well that's too bad, wish they could have built me a '22.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why would you actually want the auto start stop?
Isn't the auto start/stop removal the removal of the ability to turn off auto start/stop? I want to be able to keep the engine running without the van trying to choose for me.

3281 - 3300 of 3340 Posts