Ford Transit USA Forum banner
2941 - 2960 of 3381 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ord R2X 10/11/21 bal out 7/12/22, Ord W3U 7/14/22 Av Gray BLIS/360/ACC/Dual Note Horn, waiting....
154 Posts
I'm sure many, if not all of those that emailed Alandra this morning will receive the following response:

I apologize you are having concerns with your vehicle. I would have to have a VIN number or a case number to see what I could do for you.
So any idea how we'd get a Case Number without a VIN? This seems like a pretty major gap in Ford's support process.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They have your order code and the dealer sales code so they can look up your order.
Right, they've never had a problem looking up my order.

It's getting a case/claim number assigned to those of us "unscheduled - clean" without a vin number is the next hurdle that I know of.

If things continue going this direction, I think that having a case/claim number could be helpful but that's just my somewhat-desperate opinion.

If they're taking this approach before my order is officially balanced out/cancelled, I can't imagine they would be more helpful/sympathetic after it's cancelled.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
They are still showing our 7 allocations for WEEK of June 30th in the WBDO order system. We know a few forum members who got a email and contact from their dealer on getting a VIN and build date in the past week. So I think keeping the pressure on Ford through the contacts you are making are having some results.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
They are still showing our 7 allocations for WEEK of June 30th in the WBDO order system. We know a few forum members who got a email and contact from their dealer on getting a VIN and build date in the past week. So I think keeping the pressure on Ford through the contacts you are making are having some results.
You have had 7 allocations for a number of weeks (or at least some). When was the last van you had that got Scheduled? How many were scheduled in the month of June?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm sure many, if not all of those that emailed Alandra this morning will receive the following response:

I apologize you are having concerns with your vehicle. I would have to have a VIN number or a case number to see what I could do for you.

If anyone has success beyond this newest road block please let us know.
I've replied requesting a case/claim number regardless of the lack of vin number seeing as the lack of vin number is the reason I want to start a case/claim lol.
Interestingly, I have a VIN and a case number and Alandra has not yet responded to the email I sent 5 hours ago. It seems that the Customer Experience Team will respond promptly to report that you have no standing but won't answer at all when you have standing and attempt to understand the claim process...:unsure:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I called the customer experience team and I have a vin but scheduled for the last day of the last week of MY22 production as far as I have heard. I gave the person I spoke to my info and the looked my order up. She said since I was scheduled to be built she could not start a case for me since I am currently on track. She then transferred me to the marketing line I have called many times before.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I called the customer experience team and I have a vin but scheduled for the last day of the last week of MY22 production as far as I have heard. I gave the person I spoke to my info and the looked my order up. She said since I was scheduled to be built she could not start a case for me since I am currently on track. She then transferred me to the marketing line I have called many times before.
Wait! What? That is Orwellian.

The folks who don't have a VIN can't start a case because they don't have a VIN!
The folks who do have a VIN can't start a case because they have a VIN and are "on track" (despite being jerked around for months).

You can't make this stuff up.
Is Ford run by the Stasi? (/s - that's snark for those who didn't pick it up, no need to jump ugly)

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
193 Posts

The folks who don't have a VIN can't start a case because they don't have a VIN!
The folks who do have a VIN can't start a case because they have a VIN and are "on track" (despite being jerked around for months).

Is Ford run by the Stasi? (/s - that's snark for those who didn't pick it up, no need to jump ugly)
Checkmate!

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
193 Posts

and Kafkaesque.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I called Customer Service last week for a check in on my order status. When the agent told me that I was still in unscheduled clean status, I mentioned to her that I was told about 3-4 weeks ago from my dealer that my van wasn't getting built and voiced my frustration with being told by CS that the dealers know more and to take their word for it and still be told by FMC that I'm going into production any day now. I then asked if they could give me a case number and they did. Then I called the nice lady in the case handling department and voiced my frustration on my van not getting built but that the dealer was standing by ready to take my order for the identical 2023 van with the same options for $6k more. She told me someone would be reaching out to me. I'm doubtful I'll hear anything..........

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
You have had 7 allocations for a number of weeks (or at least some). When was the last van you had that got Scheduled? How many were scheduled in the month of June?
Our last NEW scheduled vans were over 2 months ago. We will have 21 Transits built and delivered in June if the ones at the plant are delivered by the end of the week. There are 25 Transits scheduled for build in August so far with last dates showing August 18th to 19th.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Try and see if you can pull up your online window sticker as that will tell you the Transit is in production. You can pull it up within 10 days of your projected build date.
not to be an ******* but I have been able to see my window sticker since the third week of march as that was the week before production, it went into the actual week of production on a monday and then on tuesday I got a push back production letter. I can still and have always been able to see my window sticker, for me it means less than nothing. I am fairly convinced that there are no firm clues or relevant information gathering tools of finding out whats actually happening. The dealer knows what I do, many delays with no end in sight. My ONLY glimmer of hope is people like BEZ who got their builds.

Reactions: WyoStorm
2941 - 2960 of 3381 Posts